Probably a dumb question

12grandkids

Not that it makes a difference but this is our first cruise with HAL. We are booked in a VF gty and it is past final payment. On the current sale a VB is on sale for $100 more than we paid for the VF. Can we call and ask to upgrade for the $100? I don't think so but figured most of you would know for sure. I have been reading of some great upgrades and/or OBC on VH gty so thought it was worth a try to ask.

Not that it makes a difference but this is our first cruise with HAL. We are booked in a VF gty and it is past final payment. On the current sale a VB is on sale for $100 more than we paid for the VF. Can we call and ask to upgrade for the $100? I don't think so but figured most of you would know for sure. I have been reading of some great upgrades and/or OBC on VH gty so thought it was worth a try to ask.

It doesn't hurt to ask but be prepared for a no, especially if that lower price is a flash sale and is for new bookings only. HAL was pretty strict with us about that when tried to upgrade.

But this is not a lower price...It is a higher price of $100 more..When we were booked & confirmed in an outside on the Veendam to Bermuda, HAL called our Agt after final payment & offered us a Lanai for $99 more or a balcony for $199 more..

So in this case, why wouldn't HAL be willing to accept $100 more per person, or am I missing something?:confused::confused:

To the OP: Suggest you call HAL..

Betty

it might work. We did this on Maasdam last fall.

The cruise was undersold and prices for higher catergories were dropping. We had an oceanview, and I called my TA to ask her if we could upsell ourselves to a lanai. She called back and said the lanais were gone, but for a slighly greater increase ($200 instead of $100) we could get a balcony. so we went for it.

Visiting my doctor I said I hate to ask as this probably is a REALLY DUMB question, but....he lectured me about how there are NO dumb questions yada yada.....then I asked...he looked at me with a learned frown and said, "that really was a dumb question". Still makes me smile :)

Thank you for the encouragement and advice. I called and did get the upgrade from VF to VB for the $100!

See, it never hurts to ask, like others said all they can say is 'no' and look what you got from your call, an upgrade.:D:D Have a great cruise.

Congrats on your upgrade and we hope you have a fabulous time on HAL

Archived