Speaking of Coffee.....

lori450

there's a post floating around here, that says its about 15 to 25 cents more and someone commented on a specialty drink (I think it was a frappe) and it was terrible.

I'll be checking it out on the FOS in dec. to see for sure.

As far as regular SB coffee, i'll just stick to the free coffee on board as I always add loads of hazelnut creamer so it really doesn't matter.

Do you bring you're own creamer????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oh yeah stores now have a big jug of Coffeemate Hazelnut I put it in a couple big ziplocs.

I don't like the powder has to be the liquid. I don't know if you have a Smart & Final store but they sell

the little individual cups (i believe its 80 to a box) kind of a hassle for me as I use about 7 of them per 16oz cup

On our last cruise, we brought our own coffee & and aeropress.

Wow, that's hard core!

I know the ship's coffee is not always the best, that's why I was asking about the Starbucks. I'd brink my own press pot, but then I'd have to clean up the mess and ... I'm on vacation, so that's not going to happen ;)

After sailing Cunard, Disney and RCI the best cup of coffee that I really enjoy is when we go to port and go to Burger King and get a REAL CUP, even the CL coffee is bad.

On board, if I could take my dunkin donuts, or Maxwell house I would be happy.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I have worked for Starbucks for the past 15 years in manufacturing quality. I have not been on the big ships yet but did have a few drinks in Cafe Latitudes on Radiance. The cappuccinos I had were consistent with what you would find in our stores. Just be sure they write down your order correctly as the barista on Radiance wasn't concentrating on that part of the process.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have worked for Starbucks for the past 15 years in manufacturing quality. I have not been on the big ships yet but did have a few drinks in Cafe Latitudes on Radiance. The cappuccinos I had were consistent with what you would find in our stores. Just be sure they write down your order correctly as the barista on Radiance wasn't concentrating on that part of the process.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I did enjoy the cappuccinos that came from the machine in the Diamond Lounge on Freedom, but didn't know if they had this on the Oasis.

As with each Starbucks location, I think it depends largely on the person making the drink. Ive had good and horrible in the land based locations.

DH used a Starbucks gift card on the Allure no problem. Im not sure about the app.

Thanks so much. Just what I wanted to know. I appreciate it.

Wow, that's hard core!

I know the ship's coffee is not always the best, that's why I was asking about the Starbucks. I'd brink my own press pot, but then I'd have to clean up the mess and ... I'm on vacation, so that's not going to happen ;)

Just use plenty of your favorite creamer it'll fix that coffee right up. And remember the coffee is free :) mmmmm free

Has anyone sampled the Starbucks on the Oasis? Does it taste the same as on land? Is it more expensive? Can I use my Starbucks app to pay for it or do I need to charge it to my seapass?

Thanks!

I *think*, and don't quote me here but you probably can't use your starbucks app to pay for it. I know you can't use a gift card in the starbucks at the golden nugget in vegas, I would assume the same would be true on a cruiseship.

I *think*, and don't quote me here but you probably can't use your starbucks app to pay for it. I know you can't use a gift card in the starbucks at the golden nugget in vegas, I would assume the same would be true on a cruiseship.

Not sure about the app, but I've read here that people have used their Starbuck's card on board.

We were able to use a Starbucks card on the Allure (last year). Didn't try an app

M

Edit - sorry - Just realized you asked about the Oasis, not the Allure. I guess it is possible for the card to be accepted on one ship but not another. Have a good trip

M

We were able to use a Starbucks card on the Allure (last year). Didn't try an app

M

Edit - sorry - Just realized you asked about the Oasis, not the Allure. I guess it is possible for the card to be accepted on one ship but not another. Have a good trip

M

Thats okay

D

oh yeah stores now have a big jug of Coffeemate Hazelnut I put it in a couple big ziplocs.

I don't like the powder has to be the liquid. I don't know if you have a Smart & Final store but they sell

the little individual cups (i believe its 80 to a box) kind of a hassle for me as I use about 7 of them per 16oz cup

lol, you sound like me with the Liquid Hazelnut Creamer. My last cruise I finally said "what the heck" and took my travel size Black & Decker Brew & Go", Dunkin Donut Coffee, and Hazelnut Creamer. Put it in my carry on and figured I'll take my chances and if they wanted to take it and hold it till I got off, they could, but I was definitely going to let them know that their coffee is absolutely horrible. Well luckily they never questioned it and was able to brew my own coffee throughout our cruise. It has an automatic shut off so it is completely safe and probably safer than my curling iron and straightener. I also didn't leave it out in plain sight, when I was done making my coffee in the morning I put it away. I don't know why they just don't put coffee makers in all cabins, from what I hear they have them in JS. I have tried just bringing my own creamer but their coffee is beyond doctoring up:eek:. Now next cruise we have to fly so I won't be able to take it with me so I may have to settle for tea or hot chocolate:mad:, just not the same without my morning cups of coffee.

lol, you sound like me with the Liquid Hazelnut Creamer. My last cruise I finally said "what the heck" and took my travel size Black & Decker Brew & Go", Dunkin Donut Coffee, and Hazelnut Creamer. Put it in my carry on and figured I'll take my chances and if they wanted to take it and hold it till I got off, they could, but I was definitely going to let them know that their coffee is absolutely horrible. Well luckily they never questioned it and was able to brew my own coffee throughout our cruise. It has an automatic shut off so it is completely safe and probably safer than my curling iron and straightener. I also didn't leave it out in plain sight, when I was done making my coffee in the morning I put it away. I don't know why they just don't put coffee makers in all cabins, from what I hear they have them in JS. I have tried just bringing my own creamer but their coffee is beyond doctoring up:eek:. Now next cruise we have to fly so I won't be able to take it with me so I may have to settle for tea or hot chocolate:mad:, just not the same without my morning cups of coffee.

Have you tried those instant coffees made by starbucks, might be better then settling for hot chocolate...and maybe dunkin D makes them also.

Archived