Very Disappointed with FDR

Solon

My first cruise with Oceania is less than two weeks away. I am booked into a A1 cabin but based on the praise from CCers decided to upgrade for a lot more money to a penthouse when several became available. Then the wait.... to be moved......:confused: Now I understand that due to a glitch in their system (whatever that means) I will be denied my penthouse. All this after they took my money, of course. You see, this is my wife's big birthday (will not disclose how big) and I am gutted.:( This will probably be my first and last cruise with this company. If I could jump ship onto another line with the same dates, I would. I am very disappointed.

My first cruise with Oceania is less than two weeks away. I am booked into a A1 cabin but based on the praise from CCers decided to upgrade for a lot more money to a penthouse when several became available. Then the wait.... to be moved......:confused: Now I understand that due to a glitch in their system (whatever that means) I will be denied my penthouse. All this after they took my money, of course. You see, this is my wife's big birthday (will not disclose how big) and I am gutted.:( This will probably be my first and last cruise with this company. If I could jump ship onto another line with the same dates, I would. I am very disappointed.

Don't be gutted. We have been in both PH and B levels. Decided PH wasn't worth the extra .

Thanks for your reply. That's comforting to know. It's probably not that big a deal, but I still feel very disappointed. Imagine someone offers you something nicer; then you pay for it; then they take it away! Not good business practice.....

YOu paid for the upsell and then they denied you the PH? That's unacceptable. Where is your TA in all this?

Well, they are disappointed as well! They are trying to chase up a penthouse for me before departure, but the ship is full. You are right though. They should not sell phantom suites if they are not available. I suppose the TA would also like the commission!

Something is rotten in Denmark.

First of all, those upsell offers are time sensitive, so if the OP missed the opportunity to buy up to a Penthouse, he would have been informed of that when he tried to pay.

There is no such thing as "Pay the upsell fee now, and get your new cabin assignment later".

Sorry, I have to agree with Jim and Stan.

Twice we have taken upsells to penthouse and both times we were on the call with the TA when she contacted Oceania (3 way call).

We were told which PHs were available and assigned ours immediately.

You might need to investigate a bid more to insure you have all the info you need to decide who is to blame.

Good Luck

Well, I feel as if I am in Denmark! I know the TA had the Oceania rep on the phone and my payment was taken. There were definately PHs on offer as per the Oceania website. Beyond that, I can't say what went wrong, but I am left without my ph. Don't really know where to go from here. If they have no penthouses left then that is it. :(

Sorry to hear of your situation Solon. We sailed on Oceania last year on Marina and also purchased an upgrade at a lower rate. They sent me a confirmation when I paid the reduced price and all went well.

We are now reserved on Riviera November 3, 2012 cruise and did the same. I have a confirmation with my new cabin number and it shows how much I paid.

If you reserved it with a travel agent, have your travel agent call Oceania and they can resolve the matter. If you reserved with them directly, I suggest you call the cruise line and ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. They will fix it for you.

Good luck!

I feel your pain in not getting a penthouse cabin upgrade/upsell, however I fail to see why you put FDR in the title of your post for what you describe a a system glitch. FDR is the head of the parent company of Oceania not a systems engineer who would have had anything to do with this glitch.

Thanks everyone for your support. I have now sent emails to both my TA and Oceania. Since the offices are now closed over here will see what replies I get. Do be aware that I paid the full price for the upgrade from my current cabin. There was no discount if that makes a difference. J&S thanks for your help. It is appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your support. I have now sent emails to both my TA and Oceania. Since the offices are now closed over here will see what replies I get. Do be aware that I paid the full price for the upgrade from my current cabin. There was no discount if that makes a difference. J&S thanks for your help. It is appreciated.

Are you from Australia? :confused:

Well, well, well Solon this is your lucky day. It is now 4:30pm in Miami, Florida-and guess what-that is the headquarters for Oceania cruises. Their phone number is on the internet, but in case you don't find it, it is 1-305-514-2300. They are now open, and are waiting for your call. I feel sure that they will be able to help you. Call them, and let us know what happens, I am confident that they will solve the problem.

Well, well, well Solon this is your lucky day. It is now 4:30pm in Miami, Florida-and guess what-that is the headquarters for Oceania cruises. Their phone number is on the internet, but in case you don't find it, it is 1-305-514-2300. They are now open, and are waiting for your call. I feel sure that they will be able to help you. Call them, and let us know what happens, I am confident that they will solve the problem.

Ok here am I thinking parochially when I should think globally. :D I phoned them in Florida and they said I needed to take it up with my TA. BUT they had no record of my payment which does sound suspicious. :confused: So, I am on the case and will question my TA tomorrow. This isn't New York, you know! We do sleep.

I phoned them in Florida and they said I needed to take it up with my TA. BUT they had no record of my payment which does sound suspicious. :confused:

Suspicious? I'll say...VERY suspicious.:confused:

So maybe when you get it straightened out tomorrow you could change the title of your thread. Sounds like FDR isn't to blame at all.

Unfortunately, the titles cannot be changed. Ask the Mod to close the thread.

Unfortunately, the titles cannot be changed. Ask the Mod to close the thread.

I had a Mod change a title about 10 months ago that I had started. It was a review with pictures and I had posted the wrong date of the cruise in the title.

I think if you give a good reason for the change in title, they will do it.

Ok here am I thinking parochially when I should think globally. :D I phoned them in Florida and they said I needed to take it up with my TA. BUT they had no record of my payment which does sound suspicious. :confused: So, I am on the case and will question my TA tomorrow. This isn't New York, you know! We do sleep.

So where did the Credit card show your payment went?

Archived