A Tuesday special question

60andhappy

How quickly do the Tuesday specials get filled? My TA is on the west coast and isn't open til 10 Eastern time if I want to speak to a live rep. If I book thru this agency online (never done so) will the Tuesday special pricing show? Or perhaps, the best way is to book thru Celeb online and then transfer to the TA?

This is all hypothetical because the cruise I'd like to book may never show up on a Tuesday special, even though at under 3 months til saildate there seem to be plenty of available cabins.

I have seen Tuesday specials repeated the following week at an even lower price, so that sailing did not "sell out" all day..but of course, the answer is it all depends on inventory.

Once final payment is past, X will attempt to fill the ship by all means before going to a Tuesday special. Group rates offered to top producing agencies, generous senior/military/resident discounts, multiple extras like OBC and free gratuities to bring the net cost down, offers to interline employees, "last minute" discounters, etc so it pays to watch for these other offers. Know the typical Tuesday price for the class you want, and act if something better shows up before.

I have seen Tuesday specials repeated the following week at an even lower price, so that sailing did not "sell out" all day..but of course, the answer is it all depends on inventory.

Once final payment is past, X will attempt to fill the ship by all means before going to a Tuesday special. Group rates offered to top producing agencies, generous senior/military/resident discounts, multiple extras like OBC and free gratuities to bring the net cost down, offers to interline employees, "last minute" discounters, etc so it pays to watch for these other offers. Know the typical Tuesday price for the class you want, and act if something better shows up before.

Janet,

We only sailed with Celebrity once. I have a few simple questions with the upcoming cruise hoping you may be able to help. To not bore the members on this board, can you email us at wvz168@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

ken and Valerie

Ken and Valerie

...Or perhaps, the best way is to book thru Celeb online and then transfer to the TA?

Something to be aware of is that frequently (maybe always??) the Tuesday specials are listed after final payment date, so transferring to a TA would not be possible.

Something to be aware of is that frequently (maybe always??) the Tuesday specials are listed after final payment date, so transferring to a TA would not be possible.

You're right. Xciting Deals are after final payment, so if you call X direct, you will pay in full and not be able to switch to TA. An agent should be willing to phone a few hours earlier if they want the commission and the class you want has limited inventory.

Tuesday specials ARE posted on the X website, just not with that title. If you click on specials, and then the area you are interested in, the Tuesday Specials rates will be listed as Happy Hour. EM

Em,

I am on X website, Specials. They have about 10 specials listed but I don't see Happy Hour listed there. What did I miss?

Valerie

Em,

I am on X website, Specials. They have about 10 specials listed but I don't see Happy Hour listed there. What did I miss?

Valerie

Today is Thursday. This thread is about Tuesday specials. They are listed on the PDF link in post #1 starting late Friday each week but I think they only appear on the website while they are bookable, which is on a Tuesday. So try again in 5 days.

Em,

Valerie

We're doing the Equinox TA, and it was on the Tuesday Special a week or so ago. At that same time, it showed up on Celebrity's website at the bottom of each category (Suite/AQ/CC/Balcony) as a Happy Hour Price.

Janet,

I am on X site, click on Special tab but still do not see any PDF or any "happy hour". Is it something only for the elite members? Thanks.

valerie

For the next Tuesday Special, there are only two sailings. A Silhouette Holy Land and Transatlantic. I would assume that on Tuesday if you go to the Celebrity website, it will show up at the bottom of the cabin category where you normally see the GTY price. It should show the Happy Hour Price, at least it did for Equinox TA a couple of weeks ago.

Janet,

I am on X site, click on Special tab but still do not see any PDF or any "happy hour". Is it something only for the elite members? Thanks.

valerie

Please look at the link in the very first post on this thread.

Archived