How much do you tip for room service?

Lisichka

How much do you tip for room service for two people?  

437 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you tip for room service for two people?

• $1
    • $2
    • $3
    • $4
    • $5
    • More than $5

I am new to this. We are cruising in August. We did pre-paid tips so do we still tip cabin steward? I read that some cruisers tip with international phone cards. Has anyone tried that?

You can tip them extra if you feel like it. It's not mandatory.

I've never tipped with anything but cash. They definitely like that. ;)

Being the tip for a full service meal in the dining room for an hour and a half is just under two dollars per person, one delivery of a tray nets maybe 50 cents.

Unfortunately, you didn't include that option.

I would be embarrassed giving two quarters to the delivery person. :eek::mad:

I am new to this. We are cruising in August. We did pre-paid tips so do we still tip cabin steward? I read that some cruisers tip with international phone cards. Has anyone tried that?

We give them extra depending upon our requests to them and the service we receive. I always give them cash that way they can buy what they need.

Thanks for all the good ideas! As for the commenting on old posts.....research is good and sorry if we all are not experienced cruisers.....I thought the posts were to help people not critic them...just saying

You did nothing wrong by posting on this thread. You should always research before posting just as you did. :)

Thanks for all the good ideas! As for the commenting on old posts.....research is good and sorry if we all are not experienced cruisers.....I thought the posts were to help people not critic them...just saying

Yup. Just came here to check out the norm for tipping room service. Thanks for the info.

We always order coffee in the morning and sometimes toast but never a meal but I get $2 bills before we leave and they love them

I use to have my daughter order $2.00 also for tips, then I read that the crew really doesn't like these as they are often hard for them to exchange in port. If I was misinformed I would love to go back to the $2.00 bills.

I use to have my daughter order $2.00 also for tips, then I read that the crew really doesn't like these as they are often hard for them to exchange in port. If I was misinformed I would love to go back to the $2.00 bills.

We've never taken $2.00 bills, but after reading here that some people use them we have asked a couple of our stewards and wait staff and they do not like them. Some countries don't know what they are and it just makes it tough for them to use. They also do not want international phone cards.

We've never taken $2.00 bills, but after reading here that some people use them we have asked a couple of our stewards and wait staff and they do not like them. Some countries don't know what they are and it just makes it tough for them to use. They also do not want international phone cards.

That is what I heard. That you for the confirmation.

I take a box of mixed chocolate bars and will usually tip an extra $10/day + a couple candy bars... Just leave them on your bed when you leave your cabin. These people work really hard and spend a lot of time away from their families so we can have a vacation! Don't be a tightwad!

I take a box of mixed chocolate bars and will usually tip an extra $10/day + a couple candy bars... Just leave them on your bed when you leave your cabin. These people work really hard and spend a lot of time away from their families so we can have a vacation! Don't be a tightwad!

You do realize that the original question was pertaining to room service don't you?

I'm guessing you're speaking of the room steward.

I can also give confirmation that $2 bills are difficult for the crew to fully utilize. $1's and $5's are definitely preferred. On behalf of the crew....please avoid the $2 bills. Heck, we don't even really like them in the US. So for room service, if ordering for a meal for 2 people I usually give $5.

• 2 years later...

I guess we're cheap we figure - we prepay gratuities - the cruise line states room service is included - we do not tip room service but then we don't order stuff from room service you have to pay for! From what I've read on other cruise websites - tipping room service strated years ago when tips were left in envelopes for staff instead of prepaying!

I guess we're cheap we figure - we prepay gratuities - the cruise line states room service is included - we do not tip room service but then we don't order stuff from room service you have to pay for! From what I've read on other cruise websites - tipping room service strated years ago when tips were left in envelopes for staff instead of prepaying!

I don't order stuff from RS that you pay (extra) for either, but I do tip them each time. We usually would just order coffee, and tip $2.00.

Do what feels right to you.

the cruise line states room service is included -

The no-fee food and beverage items on the room service menu are included in your cruise fare, not the tip for the delivery. It's your call but the room service waiters work for tips for their services.