Canon Rebel 4Ti Question

Woobstr112G

I have a question for the experts out there. I currently own a Rebel 2Ti. I was toying with the idea of purchasing a 4ti. I have 4 different lenses that I use which I carried over to the 2Ti from my 30D. Will these lenses work with the 4Ti? Reason I'm asking is some of the stuff I've read seems to indicate the 4Ti will use a different type of lens. I may have misread, but can someone please advise if this is the case. Thanks in advance for any repplies.....:):):)

Bob

I have a question for the experts out there. I currently own a Rebel 2Ti. I was toying with the idea of purchasing a 4ti. I have 4 different lenses that I use which I carried over to the 2Ti from my 30D. Will these lenses work with the 4Ti? Reason I'm asking is some of the stuff I've read seems to indicate the 4Ti will use a different type of lens. I may have misread, but can someone please advise if this is the case. Thanks in advance for any repplies.....:):):)

Bob

All Canon EOS lenses will work no differently than on your current Rebel. The new STM lenses introduced at the same time are different in that they use a linear stepping motor like a lot of lenses designed for the mirrorless compacts. These motors allow the lenses to focus silently and have stabilization optimized for recording video. Since the earlier Canons didn't have the 4Tis hybrid CMOS sensor with pixels dedicated to controlling autofocus, users tended to focus maually and rarely used the slow, ineffective contrast-detect autofocus during video and didn't need the silent lenses.

Buy camera. Use lenses. Have fun!

Dave

All Canon EOS lenses will work no differently than on your current Rebel. The new STM lenses introduced at the same time are different in that they use a linear stepping motor like a lot of lenses designed for the mirrorless compacts. These motors allow the lenses to focus silently and have stabilization optimized for recording video. Since the earlier Canons didn't have the 4Tis hybrid CMOS sensor with pixels dedicated to controlling autofocus, users tended to focus maually and rarely used the slow, ineffective contrast-detect autofocus during video and didn't need the silent lenses.

Buy camera. Use lenses. Have fun!

Dave

Thanks Dave.....:):):)

Bob

Archived