brooklyn cruise port--restaurants nearby?

FLUFFLULA

DH and I are on the CP cruise 10/13 and arriving at the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal early Friday afternoon. Are there good restaurants (preferably seafood) within a safe walking distance or a short taxi ride from this hotel? We've also seen pics of a sandwich shop "DeFonte's"? Is it good and is it safe to walk there?

Many thanks for any recommendations. This is my first trip to NYC and our first visit to Brooklyn, too.

DH and I are on the CP cruise 10/13 and arriving at the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal early Friday afternoon. Are there good restaurants (preferably seafood) within a safe walking distance or a short taxi ride from this hotel? We've also seen pics of a sandwich shop "DeFonte's"? Is it good and is it safe to walk there?

Many thanks for any recommendations. This is my first trip to NYC and our first visit to Brooklyn, too.

there are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the cruise terminal. There is a lobster pound on Van Brundt that is very good. I personally like Hope and Anchor but its not a fish restaurant. I have had a sandwich from Defonte which was near my body shop

(for my car) and they are good but I thought the comfort inn was further away and not really walking distance. There are good restaurants on 5th, 6th and seventh avenue.

Also Fairway market has good sandwiches and a particluarly good reasonable lobster roll in the cafe that overlooks ny harbour

btw the entire area is safe during the day for walking

there are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the cruise terminal. There is a lobster pound on Van Brundt that is very good. I personally like Hope and Anchor but its not a fish restaurant. I have had a sandwich from Defonte which was near my body shop (for my car) and they are good but I thought the comfort inn was further away and not really walking distance. There are good restaurants on 5th, 6th and seventh avenue.

Also Fairway market has good sandwiches and a particluarly good reasonable lobster roll in the cafe that overlooks ny harbour

btw the entire area is safe during the day for walking

Thanks for the great suggestions!

Archived