Enough time to catch our flight?

Nimloth

We are doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in April of next year out of Miami and are then travelling on to Orlando the day we arrive back. Our flight from Miami airport leaves 11.50am and we have to be there an hour before. Do we have enough time to disembark the ship and make our flight? I'm worried it might be too rushed. :confused:

We are doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in April of next year out of Miami and are then travelling on to Orlando the day we arrive back. Our flight from Miami airport leaves 11.50am and we have to be there an hour before. Do we have enough time to disembark the ship and make our flight? I'm worried it might be too rushed. :confused:

Ohhh boy.....been there, done this so many times :D I still stress and play disembarkation day through my mind during the cruise, and then do it again on the next cruise (Even Miami Port to FLL)!

Print your boarding passes the day before on the ship

Put out a room service order for breakfast at hmmm? 6:30

April - you usually have nice weather and your ship will dock in time, also the cruise lines want everyone off ASAP so you should be able to disembark early, usually 8:00 am

Opt for early self-disembarkation, carry your luggage out with you in the morning, have your customs declarations and passports ready.

Go out, cross the street and take a cab, ONLY A TAXI - I think it is still a flat rate of $24.00 to MIA

You should be just fine, and if you start getting off of the ship at 8:00 am, you will probably be at MIA at 10:00 - 10:30

MIA is always busy, but up to noon the lines move fairly fast

We have made earlier flights - please don't let the stress ruin your cruise.

Which cruise line are you sailing on??

We are sailing on Celebrity Reflection. It's our first ever cruise so I'm not sure how quickly you can get off the ship. Thanks for your tips.

Ohhh boy.....been there, done this so many times :D I still stress and play disembarkation day through my mind during the cruise, and then do it again on the next cruise (Even Miami Port to FLL)!

Print your boarding passes the day before on the ship

Put out a room service order for breakfast at hmmm? 6:30

April - you usually have nice weather and your ship will dock in time, also the cruise lines want everyone off ASAP so you should be able to disembark early, usually 8:00 am

Opt for early self-disembarkation, carry your luggage out with you in the morning, have your customs declarations and passports ready.

Go out, cross the street and take a cab, ONLY A TAXI - I think it is still a flat rate of $24.00 to MIA

You should be just fine, and if you start getting off of the ship at 8:00 am, you will probably be at MIA at 10:00 - 10:30

MIA is always busy, but up to noon the lines move fairly fast

We have made earlier flights - please don't let the stress ruin your cruise.

Which cruise line are you sailing on??

This thread is scaring me. For our upcoming Mediterranean cruise, our TA booked our flight for us out of Venice for 10am!! The ship gets in the day before, though, and we have an overnight in Venice. Will we be okay??

Heck, you're overnighting, and you'll find people on the ship with flights at 7am, and they will make those with absolutely no problems.

This thread is scaring me. For our upcoming Mediterranean cruise, our TA booked our flight for us out of Venice for 10am!! The ship gets in the day before, though, and we have an overnight in Venice. Will we be okay??

Because you are overnighting you are fine.

You could have made an earlier flight if need be.

Keith

Heck, you're overnighting, and you'll find people on the ship with flights at 7am, and they will make those with absolutely no problems.

Because you are overnighting you are fine.

You could have made an earlier flight if need be.

Keith

Thank goodness! Whew! Can you tell I'm a newbie? :-)

Thank you both!!!

You've gotten great advice. I think the self-embarkation is the key here for everyone in your party. As a newbie, I found it very informative to listen to the disembarkation "lecture" given on our cruise. It was helpful for me to understand how things went. Be ready to go, do it yourself, grab that taxi and GO.

Archived