Feeling Guilty

rle1982

Ok, so I feel a little guilty........I think my TA made a $90 error in my favor.

We've had a couple price drops totaling $210 resulting in OBC since our cruise was already paid in full

Without getting too long winded, she said we could get a cabin upgrade to an extended balcony for the same rate we were currently paying, plus additional taxes of about 16 dollars....

but when I looked at it, the rate we're paying (our original rate-the 210 in price drops) was $90 less than the room she booked us in.....

Should I let her know? She's been so nice and helpful I don't want to have money somehow come out of her pocket...?

Please let me know what you would do.

If it was confirmed by Carnival already and shows when you pull up your booking on carnival.com I would let it go.

It might be carnival who allowed it and not the TA. could have been a free upgrade allowed that you missed that price drop or some such.

I would not say anything, but thats me.

There is a sale this week giving free upgrades from the bottom category all the way up to the highest, not just the normal 2/3 category upgrade. Maybe they just gave you the highest upgade you qualified for.

I agree, it had to have been ok'd by Carnival. I doubt it came from the TA undercharging for the cabin. Just what I think though... so you do what you feel best.

There's an excellent chance that there was no mistake made. However, if that is the case, pointing it out to your TA isn't going to change anything.

I would mention it and hope that it was an approved upgrade. If it was a mistake, I'd be a little sad, but proud of myself for being honest.

I will let her know, but I do already have the room assignment upgrade, so it's approved, and my card was charged (for the difference in taxes) to carnival and not to her...so I suppose it's not her that would be out any money. I will let her know though.

I agree, it had to have been ok'd by Carnival. I doubt it came from the TA undercharging for the cabin. Just what I think though... so you do what you feel best.

I agree. Our TA has done some amazing things for us because of a cruiseline's mistakes.

There's an excellent chance that there was no mistake made. However, if that is the case, pointing it out to your TA isn't going to change anything.

I would mention it and hope that it was an approved upgrade. If it was a mistake, I'd be a little sad, but proud of myself for being honest.

I agree....:)

I agree that it's your decision, but if it were the reverse and you were overcharged $90 what would you do? To me, the same principle applies.

I would call the TA and get a clarification as to if it's right and it probably is, but getting an explanation might make you feel better.

Archived