easiest way from Miami port to MIA for rental pickup

kasi1979

Hi,

we arrive in Miami port on November 20th.

Our rental car waits for us at the airport.

I understand that there are no shuttles in Miami to the airport,

so what is the easiest way to go the the airport for the rental pickup?

How much would a taxi cost?

We are 3 adults, with one suitcase each...

Hi,

we arrive in Miami port on November 20th.

Our rental car waits for us at the airport.

I understand that there are no shuttles in Miami to the airport,

so what is the easiest way to go the the airport for the rental pickup?

How much would a taxi cost?

We are 3 adults, with one suitcase each...

Who are you renting with? Some of the car rental agencies have a free shuttle from POM to the rental pickup office. I know Alamo does, I used them last year. I think Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty do. I know if you do a search, there are a few threads on here that have which ones do.

There are also a few treads on here with discount codes for some of the agencies. Depending who your using, with a code and free shuttle, it could save you some decent money.

Good luck

I know Alamo does, I used them last year. I think Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty do.

This is true - National does as well. Be sure to have your rental agreement ready, the driver might ask you for it before letting you on.

It's a good way to save $25-30.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and maybe Enterprise shuttle to their MIA location; Hertz and Dollar shuttle to their downtown Miami locations. If you rent from someone else, or do not want to wait for the shuttle, a taxi is a reasonably priced option. Good luck! :)

When you get outside of the building, someone will point out where you need to go stand. You need to be on the curb (there is a assigned spot) and you'll see the shuttle coming from the entrance. Very easy, no need to call in advance.

When you get outside of the building, someone will point out where you need to go stand. You need to be on the curb (there is a assigned spot) and you'll see the shuttle coming from the entrance. Very easy, no need to call in advance.

Thanks for info, save me money and time getting a taxi. It is our first time we are renting a car after cruise,as airfare was much cheaper to return next day.

Thanks for info, save me money and time getting a taxi. It is our first time we are renting a car after cruise,as airfare was much cheaper to return next day.

The free shuttle might save you money, but it will likely not save you time :( -- usually runs about every 1/2 hour or so. Although a taxi will cost you $24+tip it will leave when you are ready and have you at the car rental center in about 15 minutes. Good luck! :)

It is our first time we are renting a car after cruise,as airfare was much cheaper to return next day.

What time is your flight the next day? Bare in mind that the rental period is 24 hours, so if you get to the airport really early after disembark, you need to return the car pretty early as well.

I have good experiences with the rental shuttles.

Archived