Do Carnival Splendor do anything special for honeymooners?

Tinks86

Me and my hubby are going on Carnival Splendor for the Mexican Riviera Cruise for part of our Honeymoon :D

Do they do anything special for honeymooners?

Do you have to pre-arrange?

Also, once on board, is there any chance of an upgrade? We have a balcony which we are happy with but wouldn't turn turn a bigger room lol!

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

No, not unless you ask and they will sing happy anniversary to you in the mdr to the tune of happy birthday. Since its your honeymoon, not anniversary .. I dont think this would work out too well. never heard of other options other than you paying for them.. like decorations etc.

They dont do anything special for anyone these days other than sing. they will put one candle in a regular dessert you can blow out.

Me and my hubby are going on Carnival Splendor for the Mexican Riviera Cruise for part of our Honeymoon :D

Also, once on board, is there any chance of an upgrade? We have a balcony which we are happy with but wouldn't turn turn a bigger room lol!

Well you gotta pay for it but:

There's a registry for at:

http://www.carnival.honeymoonwishes.com/

The Bon Voyage department for room decorations and goodies:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions

Also, if you ask John on his Facebook page

a week before your cruise he will probably

send some goodies to you room, gratis. :)

Also, if you ask John on his Facebook page

a week before your cruise he will probably

send some goodies to you room, gratis. :)

I couldnt beg .. err I mean ask, for something. A gift to me should be given without you asking for it.

but yep.. this might work if you have time to wait for John to answer.

I couldnt beg .. err I mean ask, for something. A gift to me should be given without you asking for it.

Asking John for something to celebrate a honeymoon

is hardly begging. I know some people frown upon

asking John for favors, but he has said on several

occasions this is something he ENJOYS doing.

Why be down on on someone doing something nice?

If you ask on his Facebook page you will usually

get an answer within 24 hours.

My fiance' and I got engaged on the Splendor in August and when we mentioned to the cruise director (Craig E. Johnson) that we got engaged onboard he asked us what our room number was after the game of love in the theater. He had a lot of people around him and didnt have anything to write it down on, so nothing ever happend but I got the feeling if he had somehow remembered our room # they were going to send us a bottle of champage or something.

We're getting married on the Paradise on Halloween evening and we just asked for a spot to do the ceremony. Carnival wants to charge us extra to provide a bottle of bubbly for our small group, so no, I would not expect anything if I were you.

We decided to do our short ceremony on Serenity deck with my beautiful bride's boss reading our vows and us exchange the rings.

Perhaps we may get some consideration from the CD or CS desk once we are on board but I don't expect very much.

No, but you can purchase a nice cake, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, etc., to celebrate your honeymoon. Those days of the cruiseline celebrating various milestones for guests at no charge are gone for the most part.

I tried this for our honeymoon cruise. I asked for a seat by the window in the MDR. I never got a response and we were anything but close to a window.

I got the feeling if he had somehow remembered our room # they were going to send us a bottle of champage or something.

We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on the Liberty back in 2005. We were also asked for our cabin number when we phoned in to the Morning Show. Sure enough, a bottle of "champagne" arrived a few hours later.

Now, before you get too excited, it's the cheapest champagne anybody could ask for and it smells like cat pee. My understanding is that Carnival pays less than $2 for each one of these bottles of champagne that they give away as prizes.

-0-

To the OP, there are so many people celebrating their honeymoons and anniversaries on any given sailing these days, that the practice of giving freebies is pretty much extinct. As others have mentioned, you can make your honeymoon as special as you're willing to pay for.

We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on the Liberty back in 2005. We were also asked for our cabin number when we phoned in to the Morning Show. Sure enough, a bottle of "champagne" arrived a few hours later.

Now, before you get too excited, it's the cheapest champagne anybody could ask for and it smells like cat pee. My understanding is that Carnival pays less than $2 for each one of these bottles of champagne that they give away as prizes.

-0-

To the OP, there are so many people celebrating their honeymoons and anniversaries on any given sailing these days, that the practice of giving freebies is pretty much extinct. As others have mentioned, you can make your honeymoon as special as you're willing to pay for.

Damn that is some really crappy champagne! Cat pee = :eek:! On our honeymoon 11 years and 4 months to the day when we next sail again Carnival gave us a nice little cake that said Happy Honeymoon which we shared with our table mates. It was a simple sheetcake but still nice as we didn't expect anything!

Damn that is some really crappy champagne! Cat pee = :eek:! On our honeymoon 11 years and 4 months to the day when we next sail again Carnival gave us a nice little cake that said Happy Honeymoon which we shared with our table mates. It was a simple sheetcake but still nice as we didn't expect anything!

Everyone who participates in the Newly wed/not so Newlywed game gets one. But you could enter the game for fun. It's also a part of the video you can get on board that everyone watches the rest of the cruise!

Archived