ncl spirit.....scooter in balcony cabin?

searoses

after reseaching for hours over several weeks i narrow my dream itinerary down to the ncl spirit. then i discover no hc cabins with a balcony. SO DISAPPOINTING!! this will be a one and only trip for us so saving a port or 3 for next time is something i do not want to do. i can walk around the cabin well enough and know how to make the bathroom safer. i'm wondering if there is enough room to have the scooter in the cabin and how high the step into the bathroonm is? anyone remember? thanks....know to order a narrow scooter and take the arms off...

thanks but must have been a researcher in another life because i have done an exhaustive search....the second choice is royal princess with the same itinerary but higher prices..'. icould do a suite on ncl but don't want to stare at the bathroom door from my bed for 2 weeks...i actually prefer a cozier cabin but still need enough space to park a scooter for the ship.

thanks cb...that's why i was hoping someone who actually was successful might post. i don't want to book on a behemouth ship like royal but will if i have to. i am planning my way out of a health crisis that may preclude a ta flight in the end but i am not going down w/o a fantasy to fulfill!:D

I have not sailed on NCL but do want to caution you on two things. First, your scooter may not even fit through the door to the stateroom from the corridor. If the useable clearance is only 18 to 20 inches which seems to be the industry standard for cruise ship rooms you need to see if your scooter will fit. If not, have you considered an inside or oceanview HC room? The accessible features are worth more to me than the balcony. I get a balcony on cruises with lots of sea days. On port intensive itineraries (2 sea days on a 10 day cruise) I book inside or ocean view. I am not in the cabin during the day but ashore seeing the ports. By the time we get back, shower, have dinner, go to a show, etc it is dark and I wouldn't be using the balcony anyway. Just something to consider.

Once inside the cabin, I have found standard cabins to be difficult to store my scooter and as I have great difficulty with steps, getting out to the balcony very difficult as the step interfers as does the step into the bathroom. Good luck with what ever you choose.

I booked a scooter for my mom specifically from a cruise supplier. They ask for cabin # and they know what will fit through the door.

We booked a suite next June on NCL Sky and was told twice by two different NCL employees that the scooter will fi thru the door of the suite but one supplier said that we couldn't rent one unless we were in a hc room. I don't know what to do know.

We booked a suite next June on NCL Sky and was told twice by two different NCL employees that the scooter will fi thru the door of the suite but one supplier said that we couldn't rent one unless we were in a hc room. I don't know what to do know.

I wasn't told that by the company we used. I would hate to have taken a HC room away from someone that needed it for other purposes. My mom is fine in a regular room. She just needs to for walking longer distances. We are in regular balcony rooms.

I wasn't told that by the company we used. I would hate to have taken a HC room away from someone that needed it for other purposes. My mom is fine in a regular room. She just needs to for walking longer distances. We are in regular balcony rooms.

That's the same with my hubby. If he doesn't have one he would be stuck in the cabin. We are going to be in an aft-penthouse. Hope we can get one.

after reseaching for hours over several weeks i narrow my dream itinerary down to the ncl spirit. then i discover no hc cabins with a balcony. SO DISAPPOINTING!! this will be a one and only trip for us so saving a port or 3 for next time is something i do not want to do. i can walk around the cabin well enough and know how to make the bathroom safer. i'm wondering if there is enough room to have the scooter in the cabin and how high the step into the bathroonm is? anyone remember? thanks....know to order a narrow scooter and take the arms off...

We have been on the NCL Spirit in the past, but at that time I didn't have mobility problems. I just remember the bathroom being small in our balcony cabin, and the lip going into the bathroom as I recall was about the same as all cruise ship bathrooms. You usually always need to lift you feet up over the lip.

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride in Feb., only this time I'll will be bringing my scooter that comes apart in 5 pieces. If I can't drive into our regular balcony cabin with the scooter arms off, my DH will take the seat and battery off too, and walk it into the cabin piece by piece. It only takes 2-3 minutes. I'm able to walk around the cabin, so if I need to, I can keep it apart in the cabin and it won't take up as much room as it would if it was together. Maybe the scooter you order will be easy to take apart.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I've on the NCL Spirit twice with a scooter. Our room was on deck 10 right by the kids club area. I was allowed to park my scooter right there by the elevators and the double glass doors to the kids club area. I parked it there every night, removed my key, folded the seat down and covered it with an old beach towel. No one ever messed with it. I had permission from the kids crew, the room steward, the hotel manager and another hotel staff member.

I know that everyone says its dangerous and against the rules to park in the hallways which I would never do due to narrow hallways. There are places that are out of the way where you can have your scooter stored if you need help. Honestly the NCL Spirit is the most accommodating ship I've ever been on.

Archived