Bringing wine onboard.

bigmjh

I know Oceania has a policy of allowing you to bring wine on board for consumption in your stateroom (or MDR with corkage fee). A couple questions - (1) Do they have a limit that they enforce? (2) Can you bring wine on board during the cruise from various ports? and (3) What about other alcohol ... looking to purchase some good rum in the Caribbean ports.

Thanks.

I know Oceania has a policy of allowing you to bring wine on board for consumption in your stateroom (or MDR with corkage fee). A couple questions - (1) Do they have a limit that they enforce? (2) Can you bring wine on board during the cruise from various ports? and (3) What about other alcohol ... looking to purchase some good rum in the Caribbean ports.

Thanks.

Bring on whatever you like at any port, Oceania won't enforce any restrictions as long as it is for personal consumption.

As Jim&Stan say, feel free.

Usually I think about bringing a bottle with me beforehand but rarely do ...

OTOH, I have bought wine and liquor OCCASIONALLY in ports, and there was no problem in bringing it on board.

If it's booze, we drink it in the cabin. if it's wine, we pay the corkage fee ...

Mura

On are first cruise on a Oceania an "R" ship, we had six people (all suites) and we brought 12 case's of really good wine on the ship. No problem at all. We we're happy to pay the corkage fee.....the butler took the bottles to any restaurants we wanted before dinner. But now we only take a few (very few) really great bottles for special nights-----and buy the drink package.

Rick

On are first cruise on a Oceania an "R" ship, we had six people (all suites) and we brought 12 case's of really good wine on the ship. No problem at all. We we're happy to pay the corkage fee.....the butler took the bottles to any restaurants we wanted before dinner. But now we only take a few (very few) really great bottles for special nights-----and buy the drink package.

Rick

Holy Moly Rick... that is 2 cases of wine per person?

We took wine on board and bought some rum in Monaco plus more wine at every port we stopped! It was fantastic to buy local wine - especially the really cheap stuff from "Georges Cellars" up in the hills of Corfu. All part of the fun of being on holiday taking local wine back to the ship! That for me was one of the highlights of sailing with Oceania, being able to take wine on board.

Archived