Did the price of the GSC Cabana's go up?

ibcnusoon

I booked a cabana a few months ago for our Breakaway cruise in November 2013. At the time, I paid $249 for up to 6 people.

Today I logged in to look at the excursions for GSC and see that the cabana's are now $299 up to 8 people, and $39 for every person up to 10 people.

Since I booked at $249, will theyl ask me for another $50 as I get closer to my cruise??

I booked a cabana a few months ago for our Breakaway cruise in November 2013. At the time, I paid $249 for up to 6 people.

Today I logged in to look at the excursions for GSC and see that the cabana's are now $299 up to 8 people, and $39 for every person up to 10 people.

Since I booked at $249, will theyl ask me for another $50 as I get closer to my cruise??

Someone on CC posted last week that the prices of the cabanas had indeed gone up. I would say that since you were already booked you should be grandfathered in at the $249 price. I still haven't seen anything official come from NCL saying the prices had gone up.

If the price of the cabana had been reduced, would you expect that NCL would refund money to you? :eek:

If it were before final payment, absolutely. That's the kind of company NCL is.

If your reservation says you paid for a cabana, then I would doubt very much they would charge you more. Just like the price of a cruise fluctuates.

If it were before final payment, absolutely. That's the kind of company NCL is.

If your reservation says you paid for a cabana, then I would doubt very much they would charge you more. Just like the price of a cruise fluctuates.

Huh? :confused:

Last I checked, the final payment concept applies to your cruise, not to a cabana reservation.

I hope that since you pay in full at booking time you willnot be charged extra. I assumed it would be that way before I read this post. I am sure NCL will do the right thing by me - they have before.:) When I booked in August for a February cruise it was $249 for 6 people. It is nice to know that you can pay for extra if you want.

Last I checked, the final payment concept applies to your cruise, not to a cabana reservation.

True, but I have no doubt that if the price of the cabana went down NCL would make good. And your right, probably even after final payment.

The cabana is paid in full. Price offered, price paid, contracted. NCL is not now going to charge an extra $50.00.

I'm not sure where you were going with this?

Booked my cabana yesterday for $299 plus a $50 credit to use while at the cabana

It used to be $249 with $50 credit (thats what I booked) for up to 6 people. It is now $299 with $50 credit for up to 8 people, with an option to add 2 more people for $39 each.

We too booked (2) Cabana's for next August 2013 at the $249 price. We called to verfiy because there was a fine print regarding price and subject to change. I didn't want to be charged $100 since there price went up. So long story short we are locked in. So you are too. Enjoy, I was told by my PCC his co-worker said it was the best thing they created on the island.

NCL doesn't make you pay more once you have found a good price on a cruise even if the prices go up for new bookings so I wouldn't think they would increase the cost of paid for excursions. They do the price subject to change langugage because they could overnight change the price and you couldn't hold them to the old price unless you had paid for it already. We have a cabana booked for 12/9/12 on the Jewel for $249 for 6 people and I would be seriously disappointed if the price went up because we paid in full at booking with their excursion pre-pay policy. So I wouldn't expect NCL to demand additional payment - it is their loss for not raising the prices sooner. They now realize how good of a thing they have created and future bookings are willing to pay more, so why not make more money? Makes sense from a business model.

we did the Cabana now in September and i have to say if you have a party of 6 or 8, paying 249 or 299 you will have a great time.

the space on the cabana was enough for all of us, the shower in the back was spot on.

I tried to book one and was told I would have to call back in December to book one cause they weren't up yet. I think someone was a little off. We are traveling next June. I see people traveling after us who have already booked.

I tried to book one and was told I would have to call back in December to book one cause they weren't up yet. I think someone was a little off. We are traveling next June. I see people traveling after us who have already booked.

If the cabanas aren't sold out for your sailing, the cabana should show up as a shore excursion option once you are signed into your NCL account.

Log into your NCL account and view excursions. If you are unable to book a cabana at GSC then all 10 of them are sold out. My cruise isn't until Thanksgiving 2013 and I was able to book one a couple months ago.

Archived