Potty Trained but Age 3

bsharynu

I just read somewhere that children have to be potty trained to go in the pools and swim diapers are not ok. I would like to think that my daughter is potty trained, but she is 3. She never had an accident this summer in any pools and we had her in a swim diaper and now that it is 4 months later, eventhough, she is trained, I would have probably put a swim diaper on her at the pool/beach just because. If I have a swim diaper on her, is someone going to kick us out of the pool? It isn't like I am going to just put nothing on her and hope for the best, but she is 3 and potty trained to an appropriate degree, but I like the peace of mind.

It doesn't matter on the beaches at all. It does matter on a cruise ship when the water is not chlorinated to the degrees it is in land based pools. The water has to be released back into the ocean. If they see a swim diaper clad kid in the pools it will be assumed that they are not potty trained and they will ask you to remove her (unless the ship you are on has a splash area with a specific area for non-potty trained kids. These special areas have their own filtration systems. These small areas are on all the Disney ships and the Freedom and Oasis class of ships on Royal Caribbean.

Of she's potty-trained, then just make sure she's "done her business" prior to heading to the pool. Take her out for frequent breaks....it should be just fine! Once a child is potty-trained, they don't usually have big mistakes of the sort that will close a pool!

At beaches, it doesn't matter...swimmie or not, she can go in the water!

I just said this in another thread but...

We went on carnival pride 2 weeks ago. There were so many diapered babies. Every baby i saw in the baby pool had a swim diaper on and there was a kid, about 5-6 yrs old!, in the big pool with a swim diaper. Nobody said anythign to any of them. My 18 month old was apparently the only one following the rules.

My daughter is 2. She will be 3 in december. Shes been potty trained for 6 months but i also had the same worry. But she was fine. I just made sure to take her right before going in and then ask her often if she had to go.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the boards and advice, I decided to put my daughter in potty training boot camp. Ha. I was going to surprise my kids with the cruise but instead decided to use swimming in a pool on a big boat as an incentive. That was all my daughter needed to hear, and voila! I feel totally comfortable putting her in the pool and in underwear all day long on the ship. Yay!!!!!

Archived