Deluxe Verandah Suites Size?

CruiseWhere

Quick question....Just wondering if anyone happens to know which rooms are which size....ie SA SB SC. On their website it states that they are from 500 to 712 sq ft. Does anyone know which size belongs to which aro is it a question of location? BTW I am looking at the Westerdam.

Thank you!

Those numbers include veranda space and there are some aft "SC" cabins with a very large wrap around veranda.

The "SA" cabins are all midship and are all the same size..... in the range of about 510 square feet, I think.

The "SC" cabins vary in both cabin and veranda size.

I've got a couple of pics of SB 8147 on the Westerdam in my review in my signature. It has the aft corner wrap around balcony. Scroll to the bottom of the first post.

Thank you NoobCruise, sail7seas and Krazy Kruizers. Just was curious as to what the 712 sq ft ones were.

Thank you NoobCruise, sail7seas and Krazy Kruizers. Just was curious as to what the 712 sq ft ones were.

definitely the aft wrap around cabins - the verandahs are huge but the cabins are smaller.

SA cabins are larger - but the verandah's are smaller (in comparison).

SB cabins are just a smidge smaller than SA - but well laid out with a bigger verandah but they can be subject to wind.

Pros and cons to them all:D:D Some people are aft fans (SC) - we are mid ship fans on the 'larger' ships (talking about HAL ships not Oasis or the behoomeths) or even SB - every spot has their own fans for their own reasons;) Just realize that there is no 'secret' cabin - you either get a huge balcony and a smaller cabin or a very nice balcony and a larger cabin:D

Also curious about this question.

I obtain a SZ GUAR instead of a VH GUAR for 300,00$. A great step ?

Holacanada

Holacanada - is that for your 14 day cruise? if it is - absolutely:D

You just increased your space by 50% - very roomy and very nice and you have your telephone concierge - plus who knows? you could get anothe upgrade or an upsell offer depending on how those upper level cabins are selling:):)

Vaya con Dios! smooth seas:D

I think they are probably the wrap around aft verandas.

There are some verandas aft that are huge.

The only SC I've been in was 5190 on the Noordam. The balcony was huge. I don't think all of the SC stern wraparounds have balconies that are the same size.

I think our balcony, which was on the Navigation deck 8, directly under the Sea View Pool area, was the smallest aft wrap balcony, and as you can see from my pics, it was still huge. The balconies below us got bigger thefurther down you went. I think just the side portion of our balcony was 3 or 4 times larger than a standard balcony. The cabin was plenty roomy. We loved it and I hopewe can bookit again inthe future!

We were in SC 5190 on Westerdam and were told that our's and the matching opposite corner stateroom had the largest balconies on the ship.
That is true, I have been in 5190 and 5191 and the verandas are immense. I have actually been in all of the aft S cabins on Westerdam and Zuiderdam over the years. The ones on Deck 8 and Deck 4 have the smallest verandas, Deck 6 and 7 are larger, but not as large as on deck 5. All of the actual aft suites are a bit smaller than the SA suites along the side of the ships. There is maybe 3 feet less space between the foot of the bed and the couch and the couch does not have the angled part with the desky thing behind it like in the SA suites.

I guess its a question of what's more important to you. Larger veranda or larger suite. Close to the Neptune lounge, or not so close. Midship or Aft. For me, I'll take the larger veranda and the 270 degrees of sight-lines over the slightly larger suite every time. I don't use the Neptune all that much, so its not a big consideration. I'm sure many others feel differently. Its nice to have a choice.

<snip>

I guess its a question of what's more important to you. Larger veranda or larger suite. Close to the Neptune lounge, or not so close. Midship or Aft. For me, I'll take the larger veranda and the 270 degrees of sight-lines over the slightly larger suite every time. I don't use the Neptune all that much, so its not a big consideration. I'm sure many others feel differently. Its nice to have a choice.

I agree. It depends upon your preference.

We do not like having an aft cabin and are far happier being mid-ship near Neptune Lounge.

We also prefer a larger cabin to a larger veranda. All the "SA" and "S" Deluxe Veranda Suites on all the ships (and we've been in them on all the HAL ships except for Prinsendam) have a very ample size veranda. The "SA" veranda on Vista and Signature ships is smaller than the "S" veranda on "S" and "R" ships, but still plenty big. IMO

I want to pose another question. (I don't think it's off-topic as it is related to suite size.)

I have one of those Deck 5 stern wraparounds for an upcoming cruise on a Vista ship. I'm thinking of having a sail-away party. I'm sure some of you have done this before! Am wondering how many guests one could accommodate without creating a can of sardines.

Holacanada - is that for your 14 day cruise? if it is - absolutely:D Yes it is...!

You just increased your space by 50% - very roomy and very nice and you have your telephone concierge - plus who knows? you could get anothe upgrade or an upsell offer depending on how those upper level cabins are selling:):) Any advantage for the telephone concierge ? — And how can we know if the ship is selling well... or not ? I do not remember the name aof the website who give us a day by day selling rate and we can see each cabin who are sold (by and X mark)... Finally, what is a stationnary pad ? Thanks in advance Kazu and have a very good day !

Vaya con Dios! smooth seas:D

Holacanada

I want to pose another question. (I don't think it's off-topic as it is related to suite size.)

I have one of those Deck 5 stern wraparounds for an upcoming cruise on a Vista ship. I'm thinking of having a sail-away party. I'm sure some of you have done this before! Am wondering how many guests one could accommodate without creating a can of sardines.

How many people are you thinking of inviting?

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had as many as 16 people on the veranda of 5191 on Westerdam. Not everyone gets a seat, but no one seemed even slightly crowded at all. There is a table and 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs that 2 people could sit on each one, and two arm chairs and ottomans. So, there is conceivably seating for 10, but not everyone will want or need to sit.

Just for fun, we measured the railing on that veranda, its 54 feet long from end to end.

Not sure. Depends on the capacity. :) Thinking in the range of 12-15.

Certainly room for 12-15. Everyone might not have a seat but there will be plenty of room and certainly enough "rail space" for that many people as well.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Archived