Jewel of the Seas - Are these ok cabins?

We just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise for June 2013 for my son's high school graduation.

We are booked in rooms 4052 & 4054 (double & quad). These cabins are pretty close to the main lobby...will it be noisy? The RCCL representive told me they are under the shops. When I looked at the deck plans, these cabins are under the purfume shop...should we expect a purfume odor? On our past cruises we usually booked balcony cabins that have cabins above and below. We decided to forego the balconys this time since my two DS are each bringing a friend and we figured we would put the extra cash towards excursions.

I'm a little nervous...maybe I should have just went with for the balcony cabins. If these are not good choices...does RCCL allow you to change the cabins?

I appreciate everyones help!

There is nothing wrong with those cabins. Deck 4 is a really convenient deck to be on. You will just walk out into the Centrum area.

You will not smell anything from the shop and the shops close at a decent hour.

You can change rooms in the same category if you want, even exchange. If you want to change to another category, you will pay the difference.

The Jewel is a fantastic ship. I will be on board in 11 days:p

I would not be the least bit concerned with perfume odor. Not sure you can really smell it even when you are in the shop - and you are a deck below in an enclosed space. You can upgrade / downgrade / relocate your staterooms to any available rooms so that should not be a concern either. The only issues with that will be with pricing and availability in terms of different category rates (should you change category - within category pricing remains at your booking rate) at the time of changing and having two together in the bed configuration you want.

Window v. balcony is a personal choice and that is up to you and your budget. We always prefer a balcony as we enjoy sitting on it at night, etc., but that is a personal preference. And you have plenty of time to decide. Jewel is a great ship - an RCI class that is one of my favorites. But in truth, I guess the they all are for different reasons!

We were on the Jewel last week in cabin 4532, a bit closer to the bow and on the starboard side.

There was no noise whatsoever from the shops on Deck 5. Even while walking down the hall toward the Centrum, the noise was pretty low.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

We have 4052 next week of Jewel. We've had a very similar location on another ship and we really liked it. It's very convenient for everything. We took a guarantee outside and this is what we got. I was pleasantly surprised we ended up with this cabin.

Archived