Glory - No Fans or Ext Cords

travler27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullibility

BTW- If you get an email from the

Prince of Nigeria DO NOT SEND THE MONEY TO HIM!!!

Send it to me - I am his stateside agent. :D

#MeThinksTheNewModHasSuckedTheFunOutOfThisBoard

Dude I wasnt trying to be a jerk, I thought you were serious as I didnt detect the sarcasm. Not sure why you are being so jerky over it. People didnt get your sarcasm, big deal.

Rottweiler Puppy...they seem to be cracking down hard on electric fans. We always pack BATTERY operated only fans and have never had a problem going thru Security. They are very inexpensive in Wally World and I throw some extra batteries in my carry-on...they work out very well because you can place them almost anywhere in the stateroom, you don't have to worry about a cord and they're powerful enough to keep the air circulating.

Rose

I had mine attached to a electric clock.. would you believe they found it and took it. This was Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is where they took both my corkscrews my hotel gave me.

Some ports they seem to get a bee under their bonnet... and get stupid.

We have had extension cords and fans taken before, and got the same response here. "It never happened to me."

That just means you have not cruised enough yet. Anything is possible and the "rules" don't mean a thing. We now have the battery operated fan from Walmart that takes D batteries - it also has a detachable cord easily hidden. That works, and we stash to cord when we leave our cabin. Ditto for my Beldin multi-adapter (also taken once) I use with my computer. We just got off the Glory and had no problem, but that means nothing, it is often random. I would make sure it is in your carryon, like they said above, at least you have a chance to argue.

There is no consistency. I had a kindergarten rounded tip small safety scissors that I used to clip off airline tags. Had it for years 20+ cruises. Lost it on a cruise in June. It was in my carryon and they saw it, and no amount of pleading let me take that on the ship. Funny thing was, the same guy who took my scissors, also was there when my husband went through the metal detector. He set it off because he accidentally left a pocketknife in his pocket. He handed to security and walked through. They handed him back the large pocketknife to take on the ship - no problem with that. The same guy who insisted my safety scissors were a weapon, had no problem with a large pocketknife.:confused:

You will never figure out the rules or how they are applied.

There is no consistency....

You will never figure out the rules or how they are applied.

I love Carnival but that is probably my

biggest complaint. You want your

customers to have a consistent

experience across the brand.

Not saying every ship should be

the same - that would be boring -

but the rules and polices should

be enforced in a consistent manner

no matter what port or ship you are

on.

</rant> :)

I had mine attached to a electric clock.. would you believe they found it and took it. This was Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is where they took both my corkscrews my hotel gave me.

Some ports they seem to get a bee under their bonnet... and get stupid.

A corkscrew!!?? Now that's not going to start a fire! Geesh.

LOL - that was a "weapon" issue.

I love the 4-inch blade policy on

pocket knives and scissors, too.

Guess the steak comes pre-cut.

I love the fact that they took my little 3" kindergarten safety round tip scissors and then handed my husband the big pocketknife he accidentally left in his jacket pocket to bring on the ship.

Archived