Glory - No Fans or Ext Cords

travler27

On board right now in the Bahamas. They are confiscating all fans, extension cords and multi-taps. They got mine coming on board. Had to go to the naughty room. My cord and fan were both new and still in the box. They took them anyway but did furnish me with a ships fan.

They are even taking cords and fans from rooms when the stewards find them. Lots of folks talking about it.

What's up with that? Are they doing it on all ships? Surely they enforce the rules consistantly across all the ships. This is my 4th cruise and the first time I've had a problem. Web page still says fans and cords are OK. I pointed that out to customer service and security but they didn't care about that. Said the web site doesn't make the rules, security does.

We're sailing on Dream this weekend. I just bough a 15 ft. extension cord (regular household) for my husband's CPAP. I hope they don't confiscate that.

Medical need means you should be fine, if they say something just advise them you need it for the CPAP :)

We're sailing on Dream this weekend. I just bough a 15 ft. extension cord (regular household) for my husband's CPAP. I hope they don't confiscate that.

Hubby always carries his in his cpap bag. The one time he forgot one we went to guest services and they did not have any more extra's, the room steward came to our room and rearranged the bed so he could plug it in.:) Now he keeps one in his bag at all times.

I've never had a poroblem befor either. Rules still say fans in good condition are ok but Glory security is taking them anyway.

Has there been a policy change or is Glory security just wrong?

The "official" rules say if it presents a fire hazard

they may confiscate.

I always take the power strip and ext. cord in

carry on with lap top. Always easier to make a stand

in person then after the fact.

NOTE TO SELF: Hide extension cord :)

I had mine attached to a electric clock.. would you believe they found it and took it. This was Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is where they took both my corkscrews my hotel gave me.

Some ports they seem to get a bee under their bonnet... and get stupid.

I had mine attached to a electric clock.. would you believe they found it and took it. This was Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is where they took both my corkscrews my hotel gave me.

Some ports they seem to get a bee under their bonnet... and get stupid.

Was this the same port where they claimed

it was a suicide prevention measure???

I would love to see the stats on suicide

via jumping vs. suicide via extension cord.

Was your cord in checked or carry on?

We always pack a 3-way adapter and a 15 ft long extension cord in the case with hubby's cpap machine. I traveled without him this last time and was concerned they would take the 3-way adapter that was buried in the bag with my travel blow dryer but I had no problems on the Conquest. As for fans ... so far I haven't resorted to carrying one on with me. And only once in all my cruises did I experience a room that wouldn't cool off my hot flashes ... I just asked our room steward for a fan and she brought 1 within the hour.

Don't understand what the big deal

is with fire - we're surrounded

by water! :confused:

OMG....2 words : Star Princess...google and see, very scary when she had a fire at sea

Fire at sea is the most dangerous thing....

Regarding the Glory....do you think maybe they had some recent "incident/s"?

Maybe some recent cruiser had a "defective" fan/cord...maybe they had a "near miss" ?? Possibly they had some "overloads" due to lots of stuff plugged in??? So now they are on a "mission"??

Print this out and bring it down to the head of security/guest services manager and request your fan back.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544510

Under Miscellaneous Concerns, it states "Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

As it is new in the box, it does not pose a hazard.

OMG....2 words : Star Princess...google and see, very scary when she had a fire at sea

Fire at sea is the most dangerous thing....

OMG....5 words : Read the post above yours...read it and see, very scary when people when people don't read before posting.

Gullibility on these boards is a hilarious thing....

Archived