Grand Cayman-Private Beach with Open Bar

bmcole760

Are there any beaches in Grand Cayman that are for paid patrons only that have an open bar and buffet for lunch?? We went to something similar to this in Costa Maya and it was AMAZING, they greeted each party individually and took you to the chairs on the beach that for had reserved! I am hoping that they have something like this in the Grand Cayman!

Are there any beaches in Grand Cayman that are for paid patrons only that have an open bar and buffet for lunch?? We went to something similar to this in Costa Maya and it was AMAZING, they greeted each party individually and took you to the chairs on the beach that for had reserved! I am hoping that they have something like this in the Grand Cayman!

Doesn't exist in Cayman for cruise visitors...sorry...

If you happen to be hitting Cozumel on this cruise there are a couple resorts on the west coast south of town that treat you very well and they're not as crowded as the more popular beach clubs there. If interested check the Cozumel forum on TA for help, the names escape me now.

For Grand Cayman if you wanted a nice beach that's generally not as crowded as say the Royal Palms and other 7 MIile Beach clubs look at driving to Rum Point. Not a private club by any stretch, but we enjoy relaxing there and you can rent jet skis there if you want to. Easy drive and the car rental isn't that expensive.

If you happen to be hitting Cozumel on this cruise there are a couple resorts on the west coast south of town that treat you very well and they're not as crowded as the more popular beach clubs there. If interested check the Cozumel forum on TA for help, the names escape me now.

For Grand Cayman if you wanted a nice beach that's generally not as crowded as say the Royal Palms and other 7 MIile Beach clubs look at driving to Rum Point. Not a private club by any stretch, but we enjoy relaxing there and you can rent jet skis there if you want to. Easy drive and the car rental isn't that expensive.

Thank you!! I keep hearing of 7 Mile Beach so i will research a little more on that!

7 Mile Beach (SMB) is the prime beach that runs from town up the west coast. It's lined by condo resorts and hotels, the Royal Palns is a small beach club with a grill, pool, and jet ski, lounge, and "cabana" rentals. Gets busy when ships are in as you would expect. There are a couple other spots further up that also get crowded.

Rum Point is a 45 min drive to the other side of the bay and is a bit quieter and has a grill and drinks and chairs and jet skis. Just depends on what you're looking for.

if you DID find something like this in Cayman I'd expect it to cost $50 per person or more. Don't get me wrong, I love Cayaman and have spent many week long dive trips there as well as ship stops, but finding an inexpensive meal just ain't gonna happen! Their standard of living is very high ... and so it their cost of living, in my experience. Cayman and Mexico (Costa M or Coz)prices just do not line up . . .

You can expect to pay $10+ for a tropical drink or a burger at Royal and other places on the beach. Many ppl rent the cabanas (more like tents) and chairs and access to the pool and you can find a few recent threads here on that subject. Royal Palms would come the closest to what you are looking for.

When we stayed last Sept we would go to Roya Palms to have lunch, the Reef Grill has a great burger. But we actually enjoy having drinks and lunch at Coconut Joe's just down the street too. Great daily food & drink specials.

just for reference, here's a typical Cayman 'bar menu' of burgers and wings and such

http://www.sunsethouse.com/images/Menus/Restaurant%20Snack%20Menu%20Nov%20%2010%208_5X11%202011.pdf

hamburger $8 CI

Miller Lite $4 CI

Grilled Cheese $7 CI

soft drink $2 CI

Note the prices are in CI, and $1 CI is $1.20 US ... or in round numbers when you see a CI price and plan to pay US, just figure in a 20% tip, TWICE ....

Or in other words a grill cheese sandwich with a nice tip is: over $9

the burger .. $11

the Miller .. $5.50

and btw this is NOT from a "name place" like Hard Rock or Marg'ville. This is from an off the main road place. Draw your own conclusions . . .

I couldn't open your link capt but here is the menu from Royal. As stated the prices are in $CI so will be a little more in $US. Grand Cayman is more expensive than some islands but no one is really shell shocked at the prices.

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_menu.asp?restaurantID=7&menu_headingID=81

If you can't use the link the burger is $11.50, pulled pork or fish sandwiches $10.50, their famous sea bass entree is $34. We thought the food and drinls were better t Rum Point and others like Kaibo. Prices are a little better at Coconut Joe's because you're not on the beautiful beach, and also at the small restaurant/bar (Stingers) at the Comfort Suites across from Coconut Joe's. You'll see drink and good specials posted on their surfboard on the sidewalk.

Here's the Royal Palms web cam, the Reef Grill patio is between the pool and the ocean.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/royal-palms-webcams/

You can expect to pay $10+ for a tropical drink or a burger at Royal and other places on the beach. Many ppl rent the cabanas (more like tents) and chairs and access to the pool and you can find a few recent threads here on that subject. Royal Palms would come the closest to what you are looking for.

When we stayed last Sept we would go to Roya Palms to have lunch, the Reef Grill has a great burger. But we actually enjoy having drinks and lunch at Coconut Joe's just down the street too. Great daily food & drink specials.

Thank you!!!

just for reference, here's a typical Cayman 'bar menu' of burgers and wings and such

http://www.sunsethouse.com/images/Menus/Restaurant%20Snack%20Menu%20Nov%20%2010%208_5X11%202011.pdf

hamburger $8 CI

Miller Lite $4 CI

Grilled Cheese $7 CI

soft drink $2 CI

Note the prices are in CI, and $1 CI is $1.20 US ... or in round numbers when you see a CI price and plan to pay US, just figure in a 20% tip, TWICE ....

Or in other words a grill cheese sandwich with a nice tip is: over $9

the burger .. $11

the Miller .. $5.50

and btw this is NOT from a "name place" like Hard Rock or Marg'ville. This is from an off the main road place. Draw your own conclusions . . .

Sounds to me like grand cayman is a "LITTLE" over priced!!! Might be figuring something else to do that day!!!

I couldn't open your link capt but here is the menu from Royal. As stated the prices are in $CI so will be a little more in $US. Grand Cayman is more expensive than some islands but no one is really shell shocked at the prices.

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_menu.asp?restaurantID=7&menu_headingID=81

If you can't use the link the burger is $11.50, pulled pork or fish sandwiches $10.50, their famous sea bass entree is $34. We thought the food and drinls were better t Rum Point and others like Kaibo. Prices are a little better at Coconut Joe's because you're not on the beautiful beach, and also at the small restaurant/bar (Stingers) at the Comfort Suites across from Coconut Joe's. You'll see drink and good specials posted on their surfboard on the sidewalk.

Here's the Royal Palms web cam, the Reef Grill patio is between the pool and the ocean.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/royal-palms-webcams/

Thank you!!! I am all about a great drink special (or two)!!!!

• 1 month later...
Try grandcaymanforaday.com It is a hotel for cruise guests.

That is just promoting renting a room at a hotel for the day. Anyone can do that, subject to availability. Hotels in Cayman are not all-inclusive and do not come with an open bar

There are four hotels on Seven Mile Beach... yup, just four.

Marriott Beach Resort

Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Westin Casuarina Resort

Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman

Archived