Insulated bag for carry on?

kp221

I have an insulated bag that doubles as a beach bag and cooler bag. Will this be considered as a cooler so I would not be able to carry it on if it is too large? Or will I be able to use it as my beach bag packed with my beach items?

I would like to find a hard side cooler that fit the size restrictions. We had a major leaking issue on the Destiny last year. We ended leaving the cooler in the shower and setting it in the sink when the shower was in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my bag from Sam's Club. Cute black with leopard print on it. I've left it with ice and drinks for several days in a row generally unattended, ice melted and all, and it didn't leak a bit. I love it. Also, it makes for a great beach bag for me 'cause I just rinse it out to get rid of all the sand.

We just got back from our cruise and we have one of those bags too. I was worried at the airport and the cruise terminal. No problems or second looks at all!

I packed it as my purse/carry on bag with snacks, book, sweater, music etc. Once on the ship we emptied it and put our Coke and Mt Dew in it with a note and cash for our room stewart to fill with ice. He kept it full of ice the entire trip. It didnt leak but the bottom of the bag was moist after a few days. The night before we left I just put a towel inside to help dry the bag overnight. Then I filled it again for the plane ride home with my carry on items.

I love my bag! I got it at Walmart just for the cruise and beach bag.

I would like to find a hard side cooler that fit the size restrictions. We had a major leaking issue on the Destiny last year. We ended leaving the cooler in the shower and setting it in the sink when the shower was in use.

I have a fabric cooler with a hard plastic shell inside. Works great.

I don't carry on sodas or cases of water, but I'm think of bringing the Carnival cooler that was the Platinum gift. I'm solo on Leg 1 and was going to pack it to take to the beaches, but since I was planning on bringing on a couple of small bottles of water and a can or two of ginger ale when I board, can I just put them in that cooler and carry it on, filled? It appears to be under the 12" cube size limit. That would leave more room in my regular carry-on for other things.

Anyone used it in their cabin and had any leakage issues?

I will never understand why nothing at Carnival is the same across the board. Some have them confiscated, some don't. There are so many postings on here where some people are allowed to bring certain things onboard whereas others have them confiscated. One rep will tell you one thing while another will tell you the exact opposite. Is it that hard to keep everything the same in a corporation?

Of course it is. It's a huge corporation with hundreds of people working at the various ports. Whomever is in charge of those people probably sets the tone. If that person is slack, the people working those security lines will be more slack. If that person is a stickler, then there will be a lot more confiscated items.

I'm sailing Monday from Charleston, where the security people check EVERY bottle of liquid that comes through (and where, unfortunately, there is no separate VIP security line), which makes boarding rather slow.

So, anyone used the Platinum cooler as an allowed carryon?

I don't carry on sodas or cases of water, but I'm think of bringing the Carnival cooler that was the Platinum gift. It appears to be under the 12" cube size limit. That would leave more room in my regular carry-on for other things.

I would really hope that the cooler Carnival gives out would be inside their size limits! I think you'll be fine with that one.

Yes, so would I, Kat! But you just never know with our friends at Carnival, do you? That would just be too logical!

I'll take it with a couple of bottles of water and if they don't like it, I guess I'll leave it behind. I mean, I haven't used it since I got it and gave the 2nd one away. To be honest, I've never used ANY of the Platinum gifts I've received so far and I'm sure I won't use the binoculars either! :o

Archived