La Reserve

Jancruz

It seems to me that we paid immediately, just as you do when you book a ship's tour online.

But I am not positive! Pretty close ...

I assume that you would get a full refund if you had to cancel as long as it wasn't last minute. But I'm not positive about that either!

Mura

This is great news! Do you know (and I'm sure you do) when we book La Reserve online, is our credit card immediately charged or are you charged on your onboard account?

Anything you prebook before you board is charged at the time

If you're willing to take the risk that there is no wait list, you can book ahead of time, cancel once on board and get your card credited, and immediately book again using on board credit. The problem with that is that if there IS a waitlist, you may lose your spot the moment you cancel and be put on the end of the wiatlist, yourself. Perhaps the staff person who handles that (I think at reception) may be willing to tell you if there is someone on the waitlist, but there's no guarantee they'll do so.

Heard today that starting immediately La Reserve will be open every night ..
We leave for a Riviera crossing in less than a month. I just checked our booking and La Reserve is currently not showing any additional dates beyond what was originally available, which is a single offering of each menu very early in the cruise. Unfortunately, those dates don't work for us but we're keen to experience La Reserve if available on other dates. Do you know if additional dates will be bookable on-line in advance or only once on-board? Thanks for this good news!

We leave for a Riviera crossing in less than a month. I just checked our booking and La Reserve is currently not showing any additional dates beyond what was originally available, which is a single offering of each menu very early in the cruise. Unfortunately, those dates don't work for us but we're keen to experience La Reserve if available on other dates. Do you know if additional dates will be bookable on-line in advance or only once on-board? Thanks for this good news!

Im double checking I didnt get the info from my usual source..

Jancruz1

Do you know if additional dates will be bookable on-line in advance or only once on-board? Thanks for this good news!

Jancruz1

*If* things haven't changed since our Sep 2012 Riviera itinerary, if you can find a minimum of 12 people total (or perhaps 10 if you make friends with the folks in La Reserve), you can turn a 'La Reserve not open' night into a 'La Reserve open for dining' night.

Jancruz1

Below is from Oceania..

Dear Jan,

It is open every day, except for Embark and Debark. Please keep in mind while we may have offerings everyday for the La Reserve, the Menu and pricing varies day to day (Discovery Menu, Exploration Menu, and Connoisseur Menu) and it is capacity control.

Jancruz1

Jancruz, thanks for the confirmation from Oceania.

There are still no additional dates for La Reserve showing for on-line advance booking for our upcoming cruise. But no worries, I'll keep checking till we leave or ask once on-board. I appreciate the heads-up.

Jancruz, thanks for the confirmation from Oceania.

There are still no additional dates for La Reserve showing for on-line advance booking for our upcoming cruise. But no worries, I'll keep checking till we leave or ask once on-board. I appreciate the heads-up.

I heard it from two sources so I hope I am correct..I think I will check with the boss today..

Jancruz1

I heard it from two sources so I hope I am correct..I think I will check with the boss today..

Jancruz1

Official answer...

As requested, please find the booking policy for La Reserve below:

1. Inventory is currently open on all remaining 2012 voyages and all voyages through November of 2013.

2. La Reserve is open on all nights of the voyage except on the evenings of embarkation and debarkation, this applies to all voyages regardless of length.

3. Initially three evenings are made available on each voyage for pre-booking, each evening represents one of the three menus that are offered. Once an evening is fully booked another evening is made available for pre-booking. This is done to ensure that we do not have any partially booked evenings.

4. On a typical voyage, we open evenings for pre-reservations at the beginning, middle and end of the voyage.

5. Any inventory that is not sold shore-side is sold onboard.

If there is a group that is interested in buying out the venue the Group Department comes to Hotel Operation to verify that they can open the evening up for a group. Since the introduction of Marina we have been able to accommodate all groups which have requested the venue, some not on the night requested but at the end they have been accommodated.

Jancruz1

Jancruz- Thank you so much for this information, I booked reservations on 2 future cruises today and will probably do at least one more in the next week or so. We really enjoyed the whole La Reserve experience on our last cruise and wanted to try the other 2 menus as well so now we have this is all buttoned up.

Jancruz- Thank you so much for this information, I booked reservations on 2 future cruises today and will probably do at least one more in the next week or so. We really enjoyed the whole La Reserve experience on our last cruise and wanted to try the other 2 menus as well so now we have this is all buttoned up.

Anytime I can help.I am happy to!!.

Jancruz1

Archived