Extreme Planner Heading on the Oasis for the First Time

crvng4mr

Oh My!!!!! I don't even know where to start! I have been on here for the past 2 days since I booked Oasis 3/23/13 Eastern Carribean and have had little sleep because of it, lol.

My first cruise as an adult was January 6, 2012 on the Monarch as a Christmas gift to my children and myself. Of course we had a blast and right after we came back I tried to set up a group trip for New Year's on the Oasis. That didn't work (people complaining about money, blah blah blah) so I procrastinated and waited to long to book a ocean balcony for my family for then and it was completely booked. So that brought me to Spring Break, yay!

As my title states I am an extreme planner for everything and I figured this is the best way to get all my questions answered in one spot. A little background info: I am traveling with my daughter, 16, and my son, 10. We love the water, arts, shows and culture! Don't forget food!!!!!! We pretty much try everything. I have been to Nassau and Paradise Island many, many times and we probably won't get off the boat for long if at all at that Port. We have never been to St. Thomas or St. Maarten. We have 6216 on the port side, ocean balcony. First time in a balcony also.

So here are my questions:

What restaurants require payment? For just dinner or lunch and breakfast if they offer it?

What kind of classes/courses/presentations does Oasis offer? Free and cost?

Is the spa worth it?

Thinking about island hopping at St. Thomas and St. Maarten but is there anything we must or should do on either island? St. John? St. Barths? Virgin Gorda? ETC? Anything cultural? (Looking into a private charter to island hop) Any recommendations?

Can I get an example of how discounted jewelry prices are on these islands? I am willing maybe to purchase something emerald (my birthstone) because there aren't many choices here in the states and maybe gold, maybe.

Do walkie talkies really work on the ship or should I rent the phones?

Thank you in advance!!!!! The count down is on!!!!:D

I think the spa is too overpriced.....if you enjoy a spa experience, and money isn't an issue, go for it! They do have unadvertised specials on port days.

Don't count on "bargain" prices on any of the islands on jewelry. The best thing to do is get prices on a piece that you want at home, then compare "apples to apples"....

You really won't need walkie-talkies or phones....it's not that hard to find each other! As you know, a goodly portion of the ship is cabin space....so those are areas you will not need to even venture into, when looking for your family. The best thing to do is have tentative plans...that way, everyone knows where everyone else is likely to be. You can leave messages on the cabin phone, or a note on the desk...and of course, you'll have physical "check-in" times (meals, shows , etc....) for the kids. I know my kids (and myself) wouldn't be happy to have to lug around a phone or walkie talkie!\

I know there are several lists of included vs. pay restaurants on these boards......Royal

Promenade

Sorrento's Pizzeria

Authentic New York pizzeria Closed Complimentary Complimentary

Café Promenade

Casual dining Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Cupcake Cupboard

Delicious gourmet cupcakes A la carte pricing A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Mondo Coffee Bar

Cozy and convenient coffee bar Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Central Park

SM

Chops Grille†

Specialty dining steak house Closed Closed $25* Cover charge

150 Central Park†

The most upscale restaurant onboard Closed Closed $35* Cover charge

Giovanni's Table†

Family style Italian cuisine Closed $10* Cover charge $15* Cover charge

Park Café

Casual indoor/outdoor dining Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Vintages

Wide selection of wines and tapas Closed A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Boardwalk

SM

Johnny Rockets®

A fun & casual indoor/outdoor diner Complimentary $4.95* Cover charge $4.95* Cover charge

Seafood Shack

Casual indoor/outdoor seafood dining Closed $8.95* Cover charge

Kids under 12 $4.45*

$8.95* Cover charge

Kids under 12 $4.45*

Boardwalk Donut Shop

Freshly made donuts, coffee and pastries Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Boardwalk Bar

Quick service dining Closed Complimentary Complimentary

Ice Cream Parlor

Ice cream treats Closed A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Pool & Sports

Zone

Solarium Bistro†

Healthy fresh spa café Complimentary Complimentary $20* Cover charge

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Asian themed full service dinner Closed Closed A la carte pricing

Wipe Out Café

Self service buffet Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Around the

Ship

Opus Main Dining Room

Decks 3 & 4

Traditional dining or My Family Time Dining

SM

Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Opus Main Dining Room

Deck 5

My Time Dining®

Concierge Lounge

Reserved exclusively for Diamond Club members,

Loft and Grand Suite or above guests

Chef’s Table

A private dining experience hosted by the chef Closed Closed $75* Per person inclusive of wines

Windjammer Marketplace

Casual buffet fare Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Room Service

Meals delivered to stateroom Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary until 12:00am.

$3.95*/stateroomlate night service charge

Vitality at Sea

Spa & Fitness

Vitality Café

Healthy snacks Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Chart available for download at http://www.cruisingpower.com

NEVER EAT AT THE SAME RESTAURANT TWICE

With 24 different dining options, we encourage you to remind your clients that variety is

the spice of life, and they should taste as much as possible while aboard Oasis of the Seas

SM.

Here...I found this for you....it's a bit on the older side, I think, but should give you a decent idea.

Two places for you to look if you haven't already

Here is a review that is currently in progress for Allure Eastern. Not the same ship, but they are very similar. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1719409

This is a great resource for many cruises. Lots of great information and pictures! http://www.thepreismans.com/ Again, Allure, but well worth a read.

To answer a few of your questions, the spa is expensive compared to land based spas. Watch for coupons, specials, etc if you really want to go.

We would highly recommend Bernard's tour in St. Maarten. Great overview of the island with stops at Orient and Maho Beaches.

Forget the walkie talkies, especially with kids. Set up meeting times and bring post its to leave notes in the cabin. The less the kids have to carry around with them the better.

The only other thing I can think of right now is make sure to book your shows as soon as they are available. Some times fill up fast for pre-booking.

Keep researching, asking questions, etc. But, remember you will not be able to do everything. Pick out what you would like to do, then be flexible once on board.

I think the spa is too overpriced.....if you enjoy a spa experience, and money isn't an issue, go for it! They do have unadvertised specials on port days.

Don't count on "bargain" prices on any of the islands on jewelry. The best thing to do is get prices on a piece that you want at home, then compare "apples to apples"....

You really won't need walkie-talkies or phones....it's not that hard to find each other! As you know, a goodly portion of the ship is cabin space....so those are areas you will not need to even venture into, when looking for your family. The best thing to do is have tentative plans...that way, everyone knows where everyone else is likely to be. You can leave messages on the cabin phone, or a note on the desk...and of course, you'll have physical "check-in" times (meals, shows , etc....) for the kids. I know my kids (and myself) wouldn't be happy to have to lug around a phone or walkie talkie!\

I know there are several lists of included vs. pay restaurants on these boards......Royal

Promenade

Sorrento's Pizzeria

Authentic New York pizzeria Closed Complimentary Complimentary

Café Promenade

Casual dining Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Cupcake Cupboard

Delicious gourmet cupcakes A la carte pricing A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Mondo Coffee Bar

Cozy and convenient coffee bar Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Central Park

SM

Chops Grille†

Specialty dining steak house Closed Closed $25* Cover charge

150 Central Park†

The most upscale restaurant onboard Closed Closed $35* Cover charge

Giovanni's Table†

Family style Italian cuisine Closed $10* Cover charge $15* Cover charge

Park Café

Casual indoor/outdoor dining Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Vintages

Wide selection of wines and tapas Closed A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Boardwalk

SM

Johnny Rockets®

A fun & casual indoor/outdoor diner Complimentary $4.95* Cover charge $4.95* Cover charge

Seafood Shack

Casual indoor/outdoor seafood dining Closed $8.95* Cover charge

Kids under 12 $4.45*

$8.95* Cover charge

Kids under 12 $4.45*

Boardwalk Donut Shop

Freshly made donuts, coffee and pastries Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Boardwalk Bar

Quick service dining Closed Complimentary Complimentary

Ice Cream Parlor

Ice cream treats Closed A la carte pricing A la carte pricing

Pool & Sports

Zone

Solarium Bistro†

Healthy fresh spa café Complimentary Complimentary $20* Cover charge

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Asian themed full service dinner Closed Closed A la carte pricing

Wipe Out Café

Self service buffet Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Around the

Ship

Opus Main Dining Room

Decks 3 & 4

Traditional dining or My Family Time Dining

SM

Opus Main Dining Room

Deck 5

My Time Dining®

Concierge Lounge

Reserved exclusively for Diamond Club members,

Loft and Grand Suite or above guests

Chef’s Table

A private dining experience hosted by the chef Closed Closed $75* Per person inclusive of wines

Windjammer Marketplace

Casual buffet fare Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Room Service

Meals delivered to stateroom Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary until 12:00am.

$3.95*/stateroomlate night service charge

Vitality at Sea

Spa & Fitness

Vitality Café

Healthy snacks Complimentary Complimentary Complimentary

Chart available for download at http://www.cruisingpower.com

NEVER EAT AT THE SAME RESTAURANT TWICE

With 24 different dining options, we encourage you to remind your clients that variety is

the spice of life, and they should taste as much as possible while aboard Oasis of the Seas

SM.

Here...I found this for you....it's a bit on the older side, I think, but should give you a decent idea.

Thank you for this list!!!!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for! The spa experience I can do without since it is so readily available on land and they really don't offer anything spectacular, thanks! No need for phones or walkie talkies! Thanks for taking so much off my list already!

Hi!

I want to say up front that I have not sailed on RCI. I just came back from a Carnival Dream vacation and loved it. I saw the Oasis at port and it is my next ship! I bet you have a great time. I can't help you with the Oasis info as that is what I was looking at for myself but I can tell you that I would get off the boat in St. Martin. We got off at St. Thomas and St. Martin but the color of the water in St. Martin is so beautiful. We went to the beach in St. Thomas and it was OK. Nothing special. We did enjoy the ride to the beach. Great views. But when I woke up in St. Martin the next day the first thing I said was WOW! We shopped at both ports and they had the same/yet differnt things in both ports. I bought two high end watches in St. Martin. I received a great deal. They also had a nice little shop at the port called Mr. Tablecloth or something. They had nice table clothes in there. I bought a beautiful Christmas cloth. When we go back to St. Martin, I am going to concentrate on only water sports activities. That is the port that you should do those activites in my opinion. I can't help you out with emeralds. I would just go online and price things you like and then you will know if you are getting a deal or not. Happy Sailing! :rolleyes:

Have fun counting down:)

Oh My!!!!! I don't even know where to start! I have been on here for the past 2 days since I booked Oasis 3/23/13 Eastern Carribean and have had little sleep because of it, lol.

My first cruise as an adult was January 6, 2012 on the Monarch as a Christmas gift to my children and myself. Of course we had a blast and right after we came back I tried to set up a group trip for New Year's on the Oasis. That didn't work (people complaining about money, blah blah blah) so I procrastinated and waited to long to book a ocean balcony for my family for then and it was completely booked. So that brought me to Spring Break, yay!

As my title states I am an extreme planner for everything and I figured this is the best way to get all my questions answered in one spot. A little background info: I am traveling with my daughter, 16, and my son, 10. We love the water, arts, shows and culture! Don't forget food!!!!!! We pretty much try everything. I have been to Nassau and Paradise Island many, many times and we probably won't get off the boat for long if at all at that Port. We have never been to St. Thomas or St. Maarten. We have 6216 on the port side, ocean balcony. First time in a balcony also.

What restaurants require payment? For just dinner or lunch and breakfast if they offer it?

Is the spa worth it?

Thinking about island hopping at St. Thomas and St. Maarten but is there anything we must or should do on either island? St. John? St. Barths? Virgin Gorda? ETC? Anything cultural? (Looking into a private charter to island hop) Any recommendations?

Can I get an example of how discounted jewelry prices are on these islands? I am willing maybe to purchase something emerald (my birthstone) because there aren't many choices here in the states and maybe gold, maybe.

Two places for you to look if you haven't already

Here is a review that is currently in progress for Allure Eastern. Not the same ship, but they are very similar. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1719409

This is a great resource for many cruises. Lots of great information and pictures! http://www.thepreismans.com/ Again, Allure, but well worth a read.

To answer a few of your questions, the spa is expensive compared to land based spas. Watch for coupons, specials, etc if you really want to go.

We would highly recommend Bernard's tour in St. Maarten. Great overview of the island with stops at Orient and Maho Beaches.

Forget the walkie talkies, especially with kids. Set up meeting times and bring post its to leave notes in the cabin. The less the kids have to carry around with them the better.

The only other thing I can think of right now is make sure to book your shows as soon as they are available. Some times fill up fast for pre-booking.

Keep researching, asking questions, etc. But, remember you will not be able to do everything. Pick out what you would like to do, then be flexible once on board.

Thank you and I am following that thread as well. So far phones/walkie talkies are off the list and so is the spa! Unfortunately I try to do everything and have a good time. Most of the time it works. I once fly to San Francisco from NYC for 24hrs and say 14 cities/towns while there, lol. Big Sur to Sasilito (sp?).

I saw some reviews for Bernards and Noels but I am really scared about missing the ship. I am entertaining the ship excursions for this reason only.

Thank you so much for your input!!! I love this board! Great info on St. Thomas, especially since I see you live in FL like me;). When you say you got a great deal on the watches can you give me an example like percentage off etc? TIA Good luck with booking your Oasis trip!

Hi!

I want to say up front that I have not sailed on RCI. I just came back from a Carnival Dream vacation and loved it. I saw the Oasis at port and it is my next ship! I bet you have a great time. I can't help you with the Oasis info as that is what I was looking at for myself but I can tell you that I would get off the boat in St. Martin. We got off at St. Thomas and St. Martin but the color of the water in St. Martin is so beautiful. We went to the beach in St. Thomas and it was OK. Nothing special. We did enjoy the ride to the beach. Great views. But when I woke up in St. Martin the next day the first thing I said was WOW! We shopped at both ports and they had the same/yet differnt things in both ports. I bought two high end watches in St. Martin. I received a great deal. They also had a nice little shop at the port called Mr. Tablecloth or something. They had nice table clothes in there. I bought a beautiful Christmas cloth. When we go back to St. Martin, I am going to concentrate on only water sports activities. That is the port that you should do those activites in my opinion. I can't help you out with emeralds. I would just go online and price things you like and then you will know if you are getting a deal or not. Happy Sailing! :rolleyes:

Have fun counting down:)

Oasis is a very popular ship - so you will find many reviews and probably most of the answers to your questions here on Cruise Critic. I'm an extreme planner too, and I'm really enjoying dragging the planning out, by reading all I can on the reviews.

Since I've been to these islands before -- I will just make a couple of suggestions:

St. Maarten: Your kids are old enough that they would LOVE going to Maho Beach to watch the planes land. We took the tour with Bernard's Tours earlier this year that included a stop at an Iguana Farm (kind of creepy), a stop in Marigot (French area), a long enough stop at Orient Beach (French side, be wary they drop you off near the nude side!) and finished up at Maho Beach, just in time to watch a couple of jumbo jets land.

Jewelry: I agree that I don't see prices all that great on jewelry, however I think St. Maarten has better prices than St. Thomas. I did buy my sister a David Yurman ring at a shop on Front Street that was about $60 cheaper than in the U.S. Add to that the duty free and it was a good deal. But like suggested - you need to know how much the piece is in the U.S. to know if you're getting a great deal.

St. Thomas: I've heard so much about St. John that we have every intention of going to the beaches there this time around. From my investigations, it seems the easiest route is to book one of the ship's $40 p/p historic tours of St. John, then take off once we get there for the beach. I tried to figure out how to get to the Red Hook ferry and all that, but I've read many reviews that say taking the ships tour that just gets you to St. John and back is the best - and safest - bet. While I do enjoy St. Thomas, I don't want the ship to leave without me... and it won't if I'm on a ship tour.

I'm not sure if your 3/23 date is during Spring Break, but I suspect it is. I would definitely follow akcruz' advise and booking shows/restaurants early. And plan to pack some patience with you.

As for the walkies... my husband is a techie so he always packs ours, even when I tell him not to. I have to admit, they come in handy just for the two of us, when I'm at the pool and he's off somewhere on the ship. Only you know if they would be beneficial for you and your kids. We use them on some cruises and not at all on others.

Enjoy your planning -- and your cruise!

Ann

Oasis is a very popular ship - so you will find many reviews and probably most of the answers to your questions here on Cruise Critic. I'm an extreme planner too, and I'm really enjoying dragging the planning out, by reading all I can on the reviews.

Since I've been to these islands before -- I will just make a couple of suggestions:

St. Maarten: Your kids are old enough that they would LOVE going to Maho Beach to watch the planes land. We took the tour with Bernard's Tours earlier this year that included a stop at an Iguana Farm (kind of creepy), a stop in Marigot (French area), a long enough stop at Orient Beach (French side, be wary they drop you off near the nude side!) and finished up at Maho Beach, just in time to watch a couple of jumbo jets land.

Jewelry: I agree that I don't see prices all that great on jewelry, however I think St. Maarten has better prices than St. Thomas. I did buy my sister a David Yurman ring at a shop on Front Street that was about $60 cheaper than in the U.S. Add to that the duty free and it was a good deal. But like suggested - you need to know how much the piece is in the U.S. to know if you're getting a great deal.

St. Thomas: I've heard so much about St. John that we have every intention of going to the beaches there this time around. From my investigations, it seems the easiest route is to book one of the ship's $40 p/p historic tours of St. John, then take off once we get there for the beach. I tried to figure out how to get to the Red Hook ferry and all that, but I've read many reviews that say taking the ships tour that just gets you to St. John and back is the best - and safest - bet. While I do enjoy St. Thomas, I don't want the ship to leave without me... and it won't if I'm on a ship tour.

I'm not sure if your 3/23 date is during Spring Break, but I suspect it is. I would definitely follow akcruz' advise and booking shows/restaurants early. And plan to pack some patience with you.

As for the walkies... my husband is a techie so he always packs ours, even when I tell him not to. I have to admit, they come in handy just for the two of us, when I'm at the pool and he's off somewhere on the ship. Only you know if they would be beneficial for you and your kids. We use them on some cruises and not at all on others.

Enjoy your planning -- and your cruise!

Ann

So helpful! We are going during spring break and luckily I am very patient :) my kids not so much, lol. As long as they aren't hungry, tired or hot then we should be good. (They sound like 2yr olds right). I want to carry the least possible and my kids want to carry nothing. At least my daughter puts her license on the back of her phone case. But I do give them a lot of freedom because they are very mature and respect rules, boundries and authority. I hope to eliminate worry with our cabin being on deck 6 for some of my son's free time. My daughter is a scary one so she will most likely be with me , her brother or other people most of the time.

That is pretty good for a David Yurman ring! I pretty sure we will do the ship exc. to St. John.

I saw some reviews for Bernards and Noels but I am really scared about missing the ship. I am entertaining the ship excursions for this reason only.

If missing the ship is a concern, and it will make you feel more relaxed definitely go with the ship excursions, but I will tell you that most (if not all) of the tour operators you will find recommended here on CC do their absolute best to make sure you will be back on the ship long before there are any worries of missing it. Their reputations rely on them getting cruisers back on time safely. Bernard's tours plan it out to leave Maho before the normal backups you hear about start. We had one group on our tour that got off in town to do some additional shopping before heading back to the ship.

Of course, you have to do what you feel best with.

So exciting! Have a ball! First things first...read, and search Cruise Critic...so you are already on the right path! I read tons of reviews with photos, and clipped and passed every good idea I came across into a word document under a heading ( dining, shore excursions, pre night etc) by the time I was ready to start my own uber plans I had the a

Benefit of advice form many other cruisers! My own detailed review is linked in my sig, with loads of tips and pics!

Have fun doing your planning. :D

The list above is great!

Is the spa worth it?

i find it overpriced compared to land spas. I actually use my spa at home more before I go, to get in tip top bikini condition, and find that a better investment.;) but if you are the type that likes spa as a relaxation event on your cruise, look for port day specials- sometimes they bundle a couple of services for one price like $100, then you get a little value. Do not get sucked into buying the products, that's the really money suck!

its very difficult with the amount of time you'll have in port to get to other islands. It's risky since you are out of luck if you miss the ship- 3 exceptions, you can go to the BVI on a ship sponsored dolphin tour- it's listed under St Thomas excursions. Then the risk is removed, the ship will wait or make arrangements should conditions cause you to be late returning. Also there are several excursions going to St. John that are easily done, you can even just book the transport. It's also feasible but a little more risky to go over in your own. Also the ship offers a tour to Water Island in the USVI from St Thomas. This is also feasible on your own. To do either of these on your own, check the port boards for specific advice about where to catch ferries etc...but remember that the ferries often book out " runs" to the cruise lines, and might not be able to accommodate you when you need to return...for newbies, I do recommend taking the cruise ship provided transport, till you get the lay of the land on your subsequent cruises:D

With Jewelry purchases, do some pre shopping in your home town. Honestly, we did not find jewelry to be that deeply discounted compared to home, ( and if it is caveat emptor!:eek:) but the savings come in the tax and duty free ( so long as you remain under the customs limit of 800 pp) Some fine watches are discounted because the cruise line or island stores do such huge volume. But again, you must go in as an educated consumer before you sail! Again, onboard and onshore shopping along with spa, as some of the places where you can hemorrhage money you didn't intend spend!

on Oasis reviews are mixed, the phones work intermittently and have to be booked the second you get on or they run out. The same with Walkie Talkies from home...they are intermittent...these are very large ships, and therefore unreliable, so what's the point? We used a white board on our cabin doors and frankly if you are he über planner you claim to be, everyone will have a schedule with several planned items several times a day where you can reconnect

Oh happy days! Have fun! It's my personal opinion that planning is half the fun;)

ETA : sorry the colors didn't work inside your quote, but the sentiment still counts!

Thank you Familygoboston! I am off to check out your review now!

So exciting! Have a ball! First things first...read, and search Cruise Critic...so you are already on the right path! I read tons of reviews with photos, and clipped and passed every good idea I came across into a word document under a heading ( dining, shore excursions, pre night etc) by the time I was ready to start my own uber plans I had the a

Benefit of advice form many other cruisers! My own detailed review is linked in my sig, with loads of tips and pics!

Have fun doing your planning. :D

Oh happy days! Have fun! It's my personal opinion that planning is half the fun;)

ETA : sorry the colors didn't work inside your quote, but the sentiment still counts!

• 1 month later...

Having sailed to St Thomas and St Maarten in April 2011 - I would recommend the Boss Underwater Adventure in St Thomas - just a wonderful experience and I would also suggest riding ATV in St Maarten with St Maarten Cruise Excursions. This was a really fun way to see the island, with a stop at Orient Beach and there was still plenty of time to take the water taxis to the beaches close to the ships.

• 1 month later...

i have been on the allure but from what i hear they are vertually the same. i personally like to go get a massage on board. i dont do the whole hot chair thing but a facial or massage I do every time. I do it on land as well but there is something about getting a little pampering after finally getting on board that i love. Im a mom of 5! and an over planner. So after months of planning and learning about a ship its my pat on the back!!

we normally dont take radios but had planned to get the phones on allure. my youngest is 13 and likes to know where i am sometimes. we boarded and went straight to get the phone and they were already out.

We always meet for dinner however, I had wanted to see them on the flow rider and zip line. Not once did we ended up having us all together at an activity. had we had a radio or the phones we could have meet up at unplanned times to do some activites together. just sayin you may want to rethink the radio or phone.

before i went i saw a statement on here....it is impossible to do everything on the ship in 7 days. sometimes you just have to flow with it. you may think you want to book those shows but there are things that will go on on board you dont even know about yet. I didnt book any shows but had so much fun doing other stuff when people were sitting watching those shows.

We also didnt book any of the specialty resturants and didnt have any problem getting into them.

my point is this ship has so much going on right now you may think there are things you want to get planned out. Once you get on so many other things may sound like more fun or like something you would rather do.

coming from a super planner to another. this is one ship you want to flow with and see where it takes you!!

Another vote for Bernards in St Martin. We have used him three times now and will do so again when we get back to St Martin. Trust me, everyone on St Martin knows Bernard. He is a very professional businessman who makes his living off cruise tours. You do NOT have to worry about getting back to the ship on time with him!! He keeps up with all traffic, which can be bad in the afternoons, and will have you back to the ship at least 1 1/2 hrs before you are due back. (or drop you off in town to shop if you prefer).

Our family cruises together. We have been to all these ports many, many times. Most recent this past November. We often go to Kay's to look/purchase jewelry. They have one right at the port and another on Front St. We usually go to the one on Front street and deal with the owner. We have bought so much jewelry over the years and gotten very good deals. They will offer you beer and try their best to get a price you agree with.;) The best part is we have taken a piece or two to a very reputable jeweler here in our town and they have checked them for us and told us it was a very good piece and an excellent price.:)

Archived