How often does Carnival change shows?

mickym

We sailed on Freedom last Jan. and when I read the present Freedom reviews it sounds like they are still having the same shows we saw at that time. We will be doing a back to back on Freedom this Jan. and I was wondering if we would be seeing all reruns or it they would be changed by then??

We sailed on Freedom last Jan. and when I read the present Freedom reviews it sounds like they are still having the same shows we saw at that time. We will be doing a back to back on Freedom this Jan. and I was wondering if we would be seeing all reruns or it they would be changed by then??

the shows will be the same each of your weeks as what you saw in january.

They switch out maybe 5-7 years.

On b2b your cruise stuff will be exact as the week before n=maybe commedians will change but the rest of the stuff------

Not often enough! I would love to see the Beatles show, but that seems to be an east coast exclusive.

Yep, the above posts are exactly correct. It's VERY expensive to change the shows, considering royalties, expense on music, and costumes, all the stage props, training, and all the other expenses involved in putting together a new show. Bottom line is that the shows stay the same for a long, long time. Fortunately, for me, even though I cruise a LOT, I usually do different ships, and see different shows from time to time. I still ALWAYS enjoy the BIG production shows. I have to agree that the Beetles Show, and "Dancing In The Street" are about my favorites at this point.

"SKY"

Last cruise all we did was opening night show and Legends last night. It was our first cruise with all the comedians. Loved that and tried to see every show at least once! My husband was in legends so that was extra special, we got a free dvd of the show and a photo of the group.

Last cruise all we did was opening night show and Legends last night. It was our first cruise with all the comedians. Loved that and tried to see every show at least once! My husband was in legends so that was extra special, we got a free dvd of the show and a photo of the group.

I've heard that the "Legends" show was changing legends, (Except for Frank, and Elvis). Did your cruise have the "New Legends" or the "Old Legends"? (If you had Britney Spears, Gloria Estefan, James Brown, Ricky Martin, Elton John, Aretha Franklin and Madonna, as well as Frank and Elvis, then yours was the old show. What part did your hubby sing, and did he have a good time? Inquiring minds want to know. ;) (I've never been aboard a ship that had the "New Legends" yet.)

"SKY"

I've heard that the "Legends" show was changing legends, (Except for Frank, and Elvis). Did your cruise have the "New Legends" or the "Old Legends"? (If you had Britney Spears, Gloria Estefan, James Brown, Ricky Martin, Elton John, Aretha Franklin and Madonna, as well as Frank and Elvis, then yours was the old show. What part did your hubby sing, and did he have a good time? Inquiring minds want to know. ;) (I've never been aboard a ship that had the "New Legends" yet.)

"SKY"

Always had the old show on our cruises including on the Miracle on Oct 5th.

Yep, show-changeover is expensive, so the shows on any individual ship won't change too often. 5-7 years as posted above is about right, as per the tour guide on my first "Behind the Fun" tour last February.

However, during the BtF tour on my last cruise a few weeks ago, the stage manager aboard Liberty told us that they were changing out one of their shows in a few months and that, as expected, that was pretty rare.

Whether that means that other ships in the fleet will be changing out a show at around the same time, I know not. :)

Have seen this gripe about the repetitious shows on this Board several times. It's always the same story but I still go to every show and enjoy them any way. When I see shows advertised in our town, seats are going for over $100 each so I don't know how Carnival could afford to change them every year or so. It would be nice but then reality sets in.

I try and cruise one time each year and though the shows may not change, it's fun to see if you can spot any of the same dancers and singers.

Once in a generation.

Once in a generation.

Well that kind of stinks but I understand the reason. I will enjoy the Beatles again and probably go watch it on both cruises. That's my era. I guess we will have to go check out some other form of evening entertainment if we get tired of reruns.

the shows will be the same each of your weeks as what you saw in january.

They switch out maybe 5-7 years.

I don't think so. My daughter was on the Splendour last month and they had "Vroom".

We saw "Vroom" on the Victory back in 12/03, so CCL has been running this show for at least nine years!

I was told by a cruise director I had had on 3 consecutive cruises that it was "roughly" every 7 years. With the budget problems all cruise lines are having, I wouldn't be surprised if they stretch that nowadays.

These productions are very expensive, folks. :rolleyes:

I was told by a cruise director I had had on 3 consecutive cruises that it was "roughly" every 7 years. With the budget problems all cruise lines are having, I wouldn't be surprised if they stretch that nowadays.

These productions are very expensive, folks. :rolleyes:

In my opinion the production show are tacky. The singing is like the preliminary rounds of American Idol. It is where burned out Vegas showgirls go to sail off into the sunset. If they are so expensive, why don't they just do away with them and bring on some variety acts. Like El Gaucho or famous/semifamous comediens. Saw Gary Muledeer one cruise and he had everyone in stitches. Singing groups, saw Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits and they were much better than the wanna be Beatles. To me it is much more entertaining than watching subpar singing and dancing. Plus they could rotate the acts around so you don't see the same thing year after year after year. JMHO

In my opinion the production show are tacky. The singing is like the preliminary rounds of American Idol. It is where burned out Vegas showgirls go to sail off into the sunset. If they are so expensive, why don't they just do away with them and bring on some variety acts. Like El Gaucho or famous/semifamous comediens. Saw Gary Muledeer one cruise and he had everyone in stitches. Singing groups, saw Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits and they were much better than the wanna be Beatles. To me it is much more entertaining than watching subpar singing and dancing. Plus they could rotate the acts around so you don't see the same thing year after year after year. JMHO

I will agree somewhat.

I don't attend them anymore because I've seen them all and, as you pointed out, the quality of the talent is sometimes suspect. At times I've been embarrassed for the singers, they were so bad. I think the budget-cutting is affecting everything.

They are expensive, though. Probably have to pay rights to use the music, build sets, design and create costumes, etc. Interviewing, hiring and constantly training dancers and singers has got to be a high ongoing expense.

I used to live several blocks from a very well-known Art school (singing, dancing, acting, writing). Many of the students used to congregate where I spent a lot of time at the local Starbucks. Upon graduation it was considered THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL if you were offered a "gig" on a cruise ship. The good ones move on to Broadway and the bad ones just get lesser jobs, like cruise ships.:(

Archived