Helpful Hints

Here are several helpful? hints and suggestions.

Most people have many return address labels that come in the mail. Place some of them inside your luggage, incase it is lost or delayed. Use them to give to persons you may meet on the ship and wish to keep up contact with after the cruise.

I also attach them to the items that I bring as give a ways to ladies at the dinner table and to crew.

I bring along 6 phone cards, for crew members that go above and beyound what is expected. They can always use them to keep in contact with their family and I do not think that they have to go into the tip slush fund that is shared among all those persons that normally get tips.

a national drug star that starts with Walg, in it's name most of the time will have Tshirts with the town or state logo on them and they are reletively inexpensive. I pick up 3 in large/Xlarge as give a ways. They can be uses as swim suit toppers or sleep shirts or taken back for their family.

When I book a balcony cabin I take a piece of brightly colored duck tape and place it on the outside rail so that when on the dock I can take a picture of the ship and spot the cabin.

I make up business cards with on the back, Meet you on the cruise to(where ever or date) and will give them to people I whish to continue contact with. You can also place on the back, Thank you for all your hard work, you made my cruise something I will never forget.

No....never, EVER put your home address in or on your luggage! Any thief will know if your luggage is out there, YOU AREN"T HOME!

If you must put an address...use a business address!

Your cell phone number and itinerary IS a good thing to put in each bag!

Crew members appreciate CASH, more than phone cards or other trinkets...if they need a card, cash will pay for it....let them buy what they want.

• 1 month later...

We're taking the Celebrity Infinity cruise on Dec 7 thru Panama Canal. What's the best way to connect with a few others for shore excursions? Are there message boards? This will be our first cruise in 20 years and it seems there are many changes!

We're taking the Celebrity Infinity cruise on Dec 7 thru Panama Canal. What's the best way to connect with a few others for shore excursions? Are there message boards? This will be our first cruise in 20 years and it seems there are many changes!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will want to visit the roll call for your cruise where other members from Cruise Critic who are on your cruise post. This link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456054&page=48

Keith

Archived