4 in a room

bigbro501

I am cruising with 3 other friends so there will be 4 or us in a room on the main deck of THe Conquest. We want to have the room set so that there are 4 single beds because it gives cabin more room.

Do the rooms come with a King and a fold out automatically? Can I request the KIng be seperated into 2 twins and use the 2 roll outs before the cruise or just do it on the day of the cruise?

Are you in a OV or a inside. If its a inside, it will be two twins and two bunk beds.

No cabins have 4 beds on the floor, there isnt space. If its a OV, it either has a convertible sofa, or two uppers.

If you tell us what type of cabin, and what beds it shows on the deck plans, people can explain further.

PS you mention a "fold out" so Im guessing its a OV with a convertible sofa.. it does not fold out in any way. Its the size of a twin, and they remove the back pillows at night and make it up as a bed. I have a picture on Magic of a convertible which might help you to picture it.

If you booked direct with Carnival, there is a place to change the king to two twins, but my experience is they set it up how they want... but go into your booking and look at the bed, and see if there is a button next to them that says "edit"

what is your 4th bed. You can go to cruisedeckplans.com and click on the deckplans and see what it says for your cabin if you dont know.. but one or both the 3rd and 4th beds will be bunk beds, not on the floor.

this is a convertible sofa.. the back pillows come off...see, it doesnt fold out.

1950985071_Voyager3279.jpg.d1fd2680f4996f471ea31e5952bae4a3.jpg

What kind of cabin do you have? Inside? Ocean View? If an inside, you can expect to have two twin beds against opposite walls, and a bunk bed over each of these twin beds. In an OV you can expect to have two twin beds side by side in the middle of the room near the window, and a couch that they make into a bed with a bunk over the couch. The bunks pull down out of the ceiling.

I misread. It is an inside. Two twins with bunks above. We do it with four women all the time. Ask the steward to put the top beds up during the day. I also move the ladder to the end of the bed to make more room. Store your suitcases under the beds and keep things picked up and you should be fine.

Even if you request the 2 on the floor to be 2 and not 1 king before you board there is a chance that it could be opposite when you board. Just track down your steward and they should switch if for you before bed time that night. We just had to do this on our recent Miracle sailing. I love my mom dearly but I would rather not sleep in the same bed as her.:rolleyes:

Even if you request the 2 on the floor to be 2 and not 1 king before you board there is a chance that it could be opposite when you board. Just track down your steward and they should switch if for you before bed time that night. We just had to do this on our recent Miracle sailing. I love my mom dearly but I would rather not sleep in the same bed as her.:rolleyes:

:D

My Mom snores so I'd have to get her her own cabin. LOL!

Thanx for all the infomation everybody! My booking info says "bedding 2 twins."

Our last cruise the bed was a king and a fold down and it made the room seem so small.

It doesn't matter too much because we don't spend a ton of time in our room. But when we are getting ready for dinner and waking up or going to sleep we want a lil bit of room.

Carnival doesn't pay any attention to what we put down on our online check-in. I don't know why they even have that up there. They seem to do the opposite of what we select. But if they've got it set up as a king, just contact the steward. The inside rooms are small, smaller than advertised. You'll definitely want the twins against opposite walls, with the upper bunks directly above each. That will open up the space in the middle of the room. There is no floor space with this setup:

Interiorw2uppers.jpg

Thanx for all the infomation everybody! My booking info says "bedding 2 twins."

Our last cruise the bed was a king and a fold down and it made the room seem so small.

It doesn't matter too much because we don't spend a ton of time in our room. But when we are getting ready for dinner and waking up or going to sleep we want a lil bit of room.

My booking info also said 2 twins and it was set up that way when we arrived.

I think it's funny that some insides sleep 4 but the max in my oceanview was 3 and there is a hell of a lot more room in an oceanview. But I don't think I could even do 3 in an oceanview. I like breathing room!

Carnival doesn't pay any attention to what we put down on our online check-in. I don't know why they even have that up there. They seem to do the opposite of what we select.

Yep, exactly. So far, Carnival is 0-for-2 on getting our bedding right.

It's weird: they've had our online request for two twins for five months before the cruise but each time, the otherwise-excellent room stewards have Gotten It Wrong.

Yep, exactly. So far, Carnival is 0-for-2 on getting our bedding right.

It's weird: they've had our online request for two twins for five months before the cruise but each time, the otherwise-excellent room stewards have Gotten It Wrong.

Yeah. On our last cruise, we had selected 2 twins online, but the room steward's list that they were given said that we selected for it to be a king. He even showed us the list. Whoever makes up the lists to send to the stewards doesn't bother looking at what we ask for. They just guess. It's probably someone in corporate offices that makes up the lists. But we got it switched, and all was good.

On our last cruise on the Dream we requested the room set up as a King and they knew there were 4 of us in the cabin so the other two beds needed to be made. When we got in the room it was set up as 2 twins, the couch was not made as a bed, and the pull-down bed was still in the ceiling. We informed the cabin steward and he said he would fix it.

When we left for dinner we reminded the cabin steward it needed to be fixed. When we came back at 10 pm it was still two twins, an unmade couch and no pull-down bed. We called the front desk and about an hour later we were finally set up as we had requested on-line. Of course by then I was good and tired.

Based on this, I am thinking that it does not matter what your booking says, the cabin steward just makes up the room the way they want. I would have made the beds myself if I had linen and knew how to get that dog gone bed out of the ceiling!

Room 2233 on Conquest.

Cabin 2233 4B 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-2 uppers

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Here is a similar cabin set up with the lower beds apart.

2009-carnival-freedom-042.jpg?w=553&h=738

Yup...sometimes the room set-up misses the mark on boarding and I just let the steward know ASAP. I'm very surprised at the one poster who said nothing was done until they (again) contacted the steward after dinner. I have never returned to a room that wasn't set by the time dinner was over with my sail-away towel animal to keep me company. I guess I've been very lucky. Carnival is as accommodating and as nice as the people making requests.

By the way I envy the young who can still make it up to the top bunks and don't mind having four share a bathroom....what fun.

Younger people normally only go to their cabin when sleep. So 4 people in a cabin is fine. When our kids were little, we always stayed in one cabin. We are now booking two cabins in recent cruises just because the cost for 2 cabins for 2 is about the same as 1 cabin for 4, especially on Dream.

we did 5 of us in an inside cabin. we saved a lot of money that cruise.

but to the OP- have you priced the difference for two cabins instead of 1? sometimes it really is not that much of a difference today.

if you are only saving 200. - go for the two cabins.

--

the key here to making it work is to have good organization. 1 bathroom and 4 people gets quite messy- use the gym area for showers and getting ready for dinner.

unpack everything-- empty suitcases under the bed,

over the door shoehold for inside the bathroom to hold 4 sets of bathroom crap.

over the door shoe holder outside the bathroom to hold 4 sets of cruise crap.

nothing on the vanity- dirty clothes in the suitcase

once that cabin gets disorganized it will close it on you-- could be a LONG LONG week

we did 5 of us in an inside cabin. we saved a lot of money that cruise.

but to the OP- have you priced the difference for two cabins instead of 1? sometimes it really is not that much of a difference today.

if you are only saving 200. - go for the two cabins.

--

the key here to making it work is to have good organization. 1 bathroom and 4 people gets quite messy- use the gym area for showers and getting ready for dinner.

unpack everything-- empty suitcases under the bed,

over the door shoehold for inside the bathroom to hold 4 sets of bathroom crap.

over the door shoe holder outside the bathroom to hold 4 sets of cruise crap.

nothing on the vanity- dirty clothes in the suitcase

once that cabin gets disorganized it will close it on you-- could be a LONG LONG week

Good advice :) We'll be 4 in a balcony cabin - and I've already told the family that we must unpack, and keep the cabin organized. Glad we have the balcony for some extra room. I'm the only one who showers in the morning, which leaves the rest of the afternoon/evening for showers.

I am seriously considering an over the door shoe organizer for this cruise to eliminate the crap all over the bathroom and vanity area.

Archived