Aqua Theater and CL

kathyemma

We will be sailing on the Oasis for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if the CL gets crowded while shows are going on in Aqua Theater. We have sailed on Oasis before but never hit the CL to watch a show. I am thinking that will be more comfortable for my Mom.

Thanks

Kathy

Yes you can see the Aqua Theater show from the CL but I do not suggest using it. No audio. If you get to the Aqua Theater early enough, you can get one of comfortable chairs with a back and arm rest.

Is the CL in a different spot on Oasis than Allure? On Allure the entire Boardwalk is between the CL and the Aqua Theater.

Is the CL in a different spot on Oasis than Allure? On Allure the entire Boardwalk is between the CL and the Aqua Theater.

No, CL is in the same place on Oasis and Allure. The CL is just too far from the Aquatheater, besides the lack of audio already mentioned.

Same place. You can look straight down and see the Aqua Theater from the CL on both ships. This is from experience. Yes the Boardwalk is in between but there are views of the Aqua Theater. Again, I don't recommend it as there are plenty of comfortable chairs in the Aqua Theater.

Oh well guess my idea won't work - but who knows it might. My mom is very hard of hearing - so she won't be able to hear much anyways! I don't remember the boardwalk area being that long. I will have to check it out when I get on board.

Kathy

We were just on the Allure and spent many hours in the CL. While you can see the Aqua Theater, like many have said, it is far from where the CL is situated. Besides the sound issue as stated, the views are somewhat obstructed. We would watch the actors practice as we sat up there for lunch, but you cannot see the whole stage at the same time as there is the last bar in between you and it blocks views.

Try the "Secret" balconies on deck 11 AFT. I believe there are a few chairs where she might be more comfortable than the bench seats.

Our rooms are on deck 11 - and I was thinking about those. Not sure how much of a secret they are now - but that might be worth a try. Depending on the weather I don't think she will stay for the entire show. It will be easier for her to go back to her room from the CL or the secret deck.

Thanks!

Kathy

Oh well guess my idea won't work - but who knows it might. My mom is very hard of hearing - so she won't be able to hear much anyways! I don't remember the boardwalk area being that long. I will have to check it out when I get on board.

Kathy

If you can get in the CL, you have reserved seating at the theater, and the Concierge can get you reservations for any show you want to attend.

The "secret" back balcony is not just on Deck 11, but I believe all the decks except where the Rock Wall is. These are really big, and on the Allure had lots of chairs and loungers. It's a great place to watch the Aqua Theater.

Yes it is and the view isn't bad. You can see most of the entire stage from that point.

I guess your eyesight is better than mine! I had zoomed in a bit to take that picture, and even with being zoomed in some, the people look really small. The CL is about 1/3 the length of the ship from the Aqua Theater.

If you can get in the CL, you have reserved seating at the theater, and the Concierge can get you reservations for any show you want to attend.

Yes I know the Concierge can help with seats. My main issue is my mom can't stay in the heat for too long or walk long distances. (So of course i am taking her on oasis in the caribbean!!) For awhile she was using a walker and then a cane. She is now walking on her own - but if she wanted to leave the show early I would like her to be closer to her room. Also I think if she watches from the CL (if she can see) she might stay for the whole show since heat won't be an issue. I will take her into the CL before the show and let her decide where she wants to watch from!

Kathy

The "secret" back balcony is not just on Deck 11, but I believe all the decks except where the Rock Wall is. These are really big, and on the Allure had lots of chairs and loungers. It's a great place to watch the Aqua Theater.

No, they are on 11 and 12. On other decks, I believe the corresponding spaces belong to suite balconies.

No, they are on 11 and 12. On other decks, I believe the corresponding spaces belong to suite balconies.

Correct. And the port side ones on 11 and 12 allow smoking, so those are out for most people.

Archived