Rethinking our oceanview on Millennium

xjeddax

I have only just this morning booked our cabin on the Millennium for next year - I did some research and booked cabin 6019 on the Penthouse deck. A decent size, good floor etc

But now I'm thinking we'd be happier with a verandah.

I went with the oceanview because my last cruise (10 years ago) I had an inside cabin and I don't remember feeling like I was missing out.

But, we had much more port days then we did have At Sea, and this cruise has 11 At Sea days!

But the husband and I are quite shy and quiet people, and we might get more use of a verandah now, especially as I see a lot of my time laying on a deckchair reading? (do verandahs have deckchairs?)

Thanks so much for any advice/insights.

If it wont cost you too much then of course, it would be wonderful to sit and watch the sea, I find this one of the best aspects of cruising, especially early morning when the sky is pink, or at sunset, I think its a great idea, then you can be as sociable or private as you wish!

Thanks Louise, I think you're right. I think I'll change it tomorrow.

Now to just do more research to find the right veranda cabin! :confused:

Yes, the veranda also provides a much more open feeling by letting more sunlight into the cabin.

Bob :cool:

I don't think most of the regular verandah cabins have lounge chairs - just upright chairs with a small table.

On the Millennium, there are lots of quiet places to sit and read if that's what you like to do. One of the lesser-used places is Deck 4, where there are rows of comfortable padded lounge chairs, and few people seem to use them.

I hope you have an enjoyable cruise - I'd love a few sea days myself right now. :)

We've only sailed in balcony cabins, but for our Millennium TransPac with 9 sea days we are booked into a Category 4 OV on Deck 8. This is a larger cabin than other OVs with 2 sitting areas. Taking into consideration the possible rougher seas on this sailing and length of the cruise, we decided that more interior space outweighed a balcony. And the fact that BIL/SIL have a CC veranda cabin a few doors down from us, gives us the best of both worlds:D!

I have only just this morning booked our cabin on the Millennium for next year - I did some research and booked cabin 6019 on the Penthouse deck. A decent size, good floor etc

I went with the oceanview because my last cruise (10 years ago) I had an inside cabin and I don't remember feeling like I was missing out.

But, we had much more port days then we did have At Sea, and this cruise has 11 At Sea days!

But the husband and I are quite shy and quiet people, and we might get more use of a verandah now, especially as I see a lot of my time laying on a deckchair reading? (do verandahs have deckchairs?)

Yes definitely book a Veranda. With so many see days you will enjoy having breakfast there, reading a book, having your own space. This is specially so if you like to be on your own.

With that many sea days I would definitely get a veranda if I could afford one. We also used to sail inside or outside, but once we booked a veranda we have booked nothing else since! Besides having a balcony, just having the floor to ceiling glass door makes the room seem so much bigger. During the day it seems like the balcony is part of the room. If you can afford it, go one more category up and get Concierge. On M class those are bigger rooms and often better locations as well. The other perks aren't worth all that much to me (others may disagree) but the extra room makes a difference, especially with that many sea days IMHO

Thanks Louise, I think you're right. I think I'll change it tomorrow.

Now to just do more research to find the right verandah cabin! :confused:

If you like Deck 6, the first eight verandah cabins on each side, located directly behind the cabin you booked (6019) are known as the "Sweet Sixteen" on Millie Class Ships. As they are located directly over the Theater, they end up having extra-deep balconies -- for the same price as any other 2C cabin. IMHO, the very best of these are the last ones, on either side: 6035 (port), and 6030 (starboard). Be advised, however, that you can't "see" the larger balcony on the deck plans, and the booking agents at X will have no idea what a "Sweet Sixteen" cabin is! Your best bet to find pictures is to do a search on this thread. :cool:

By all means book a verandah. You have a lot sea days and you will be glad to have your private space.

Thank you all for your opinions.

I phoned up this afternoon and upgraded to a verandah, and wwcruisers - thanks to some excellent recommendations/photos on these boards after some mad research and looking at deck plans and origially thinking 6048 (with the larger/triangular balcony) was the best cabin - we ended up going with 6030. So very happy that I can now relax and enjoy planning the rest of the trip!

One thing we enjoy alot is a quiet breakfast on the veranda in the morning. This is a major bonus to having the veranda for us.

This sounds divine!!!

Thank you all for your opinions.

I phoned up this afternoon and upgraded to a verandah, and wwcruisers - thanks to some excellent recommendations/photos on these boards after some mad research and looking at deck plans and origially thinking 6048 (with the larger/triangular balcony) was the best cabin - we ended up going with 6030. So very happy that I can now relax and enjoy planning the rest of the trip!

I'm so excited for you! We had your "mirror image" cabin -- 6035- on our recent Millie Wine cruise. We loved that balcony! You have an unobstructed forward view of the Bridge, and you can look straight down to the water, without having to peer around lifeboats. But, the most amazing view is aft! We got rave reviews on our cabin crawl -- even with a Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, and Aft Aqua Class Cabins in the competition! Please come back with a review, after your cruise! :):cool:

Archived