2 adults, 2 kids in a family oceanview. Set up?

jlmatheo

We're sailing on NCL Jewel in a little over a month.

I booked us in a Family Oceanview (room 5068, if you care).

I know I really should have splurged on a bigger cabin, but I didn't.

So... how horrible is this going to be?

It will be myself, my husband, a 5 year old and a 3 year old.

I was thinking it was 2 upper bunks, but I guess it's just 1. Yikes! Plus, I don't know that my 3 year old could do an upper.

I saw a pic somewhere of the beds set up in a "U" shape, but now I can't find that.

Any suggestions on how we can make the best out of this?

That's a rather small cabin, just like the other OV cabins...One bunk comes off the side wall, have no idea where the fourth sleeps...I think they only call it a Family Ocean View because it has a connecting door to the next cabin, allowing you to 'expand' if you book both cabins. EM

They roll in a 3rd bed, from my understanding.

Emailed my TA to see what the price would be to upgrade to something with the fold-out sofa. That would be a much better option.

Kicking myself... I had waffled back and forth about which cabin to book originally.

Here is the pic of the 3 beds arranged in a U shape:

2606842060059187889S500x500Q85.jpg

That looks so tight!

You will be just fine! Although a Penthouse Suite would be great - everyone's budget just doesn't allow for that. We've done 30+ cruise - one in an inside cabin with 2 teenage girls. We've had all levels of cabins - I don't know that I even can remember which was which. We definately don't define how great trip is by the size of cabin.

If I were you - I'd have the older one sleep in the bunk and have the 3 year old sleep with you. I'm sure this is not what everyone would choose, but our little one often ends up sleeping with us. I know lots of people wouldn't consider this - but the two beds pushed together are very large, much better than dealing with the U-shaped configuration - JUST MY OPINION.

I'm surprised they allowed you to book 4 into a cabin that only sleeps 3.....and yes, it's going to be VERY tight! At least the kids are small and don't take up much space!

The cabin sleeps 4, they just roll in that extra bed.

You will be just fine! Although a Penthouse Suite would be great - everyone's budget just doesn't allow for that. We've done 30+ cruise - one in an inside cabin with 2 teenage girls. We've had all levels of cabins - I don't know that I even can remember which was which. We definately don't define how great trip is by the size of cabin.

If I were you - I'd have the older one sleep in the bunk and have the 3 year old sleep with you. I'm sure this is not what everyone would choose, but our little one often ends up sleeping with us. I know lots of people wouldn't consider this - but the two beds pushed together are very large, much better than dealing with the U-shaped configuration - JUST MY OPINION.

That is good to hear. Thanks for reassuring me it will be okay :)

I may try having the little one sleep with us and see how it goes the first night.

Thanks everyone! I love getting all the input.

Archived