For the Carnival fans who are curious about the Bahamas Celebration

DarthGrady

Thanks for posting this. Not sure the occasion will ever arise that we will sail on it, but it looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. Did you ever ask why they open the clamshell bow doors?

A few folks around here asked that I share a link to my pictorial review of the Bahamas Celebration since that forum is so infrequently visited. It's all done and ready to be viewed, enjoy:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727567

Thanks Grady! Your reviews and pictures are always great. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for posting this. Not sure the occasion will ever arise that we will sail on it, but it looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. Did you ever ask why they open the clamshell bow doors?

I didn't ask, but they had them open at Palm Beach and Freeport, so I'm assuming they load and unload supplies and luggage through them. Makes sense, as there are huge ramps in there for when cars and trucks used to drive on and off the ship.

Grady, I enjoyed your review - thanks for sharing it over here. Our middle son (15 at the time) had the chance to sail on Bahamas Celebration last year with a friend and his family; being Platinum on Carnival, he knew it would be a different experience. He had a great time - really liked the ship. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate - they were rained out in Freeport, so they made it to Lucaya, looked around a bit, and headed back to the ship.

I really liked your photo in Freeport of the Alexander von Humboldt. We sailed on her as an excursion on Carnival Pride back in July, and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing your review here...and educating me! The ship is so much nicer than I had imagined. I admit to have been affected by the many negative remarks here and elsewhere about the ship. So, I am now much better informed. Thanks again.!

Grady, I enjoyed your review - thanks for sharing it over here. Our middle son (15 at the time) had the chance to sail on Bahamas Celebration last year with a friend and his family; being Platinum on Carnival, he knew it would be a different experience. He had a great time - really liked the ship. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate - they were rained out in Freeport, so they made it to Lucaya, looked around a bit, and headed back to the ship.

I really liked your photo in Freeport of the Alexander von Humboldt. We sailed on her as an excursion on Carnival Pride back in July, and it was a lot of fun.

So that ship takes folks out on sailing excursions? I figured it was something like that. It was cool, you see so few sailing ships nowadays.

How funny Grady, I was on the same cruise this past weekend. Small world. I was the one who won Ms. Bahama Celebration. On the Pool deck. (so embarrassed). I really enjoyed myself.

Congrats on the win! :D

Thanks for sharing your review here...and educating me! The ship is so much nicer than I had imagined. I admit to have been affected by the many negative remarks here and elsewhere about the ship. So, I am now much better informed. Thanks again.!

You're welcome! :)

So that ship takes folks out on sailing excursions? I figured it was something like that. It was cool, you see so few sailing ships nowadays.
It's a pretty new excursion - she just arrived in Freeport in March after sailing in Germany for a number of years. It was a really good tour - they motor out, put up the sails, and give a real tall ship experience. I got a turn at the helm.:cool:

It's a pretty new excursion - she just arrived in Freeport in March after sailing in Germany for a number of years. It was a really good tour - they motor out, put up the sails, and give a real tall ship experience. I got a turn at the helm.:cool:

That sounds like a lot of fun. If we ever go back to Freeport I'm going to want to do that. Any idea of the cost?

That sounds like a lot of fun. If we ever go back to Freeport I'm going to want to do that. Any idea of the cost?
It was $95 pp for a three hour tour (chorus: A Three Hour Tour:p). In addition to a turn at the helm, you get to climb the ratlines to help set the sails, if you're so inclined.

It was $95 pp for a three hour tour (chorus: A Three Hour Tour:p). In addition to a turn at the helm, you get to climb the ratlines to help set the sails, if you're so inclined.

That sound fun, definitely keeping that one in mind. Thanks!

My brother and sister-in-law winter in Palm Beach and DH and I live in north Florida and spend time with them during their FL visits. We have tried to take the Celebration two years in a row, but have had horrendous times with the people taking the reservations. We keep getting different price information from each person we talk to, so have given up:mad: In fact, my brother had booked a cruise for this winter for a larger cabin for a pretty good price and when he checked back on it, he was told he had booked a different category. He put up quite a fuss and was eventually given 3 nights at a Miami resort instead.

What's the secret when booking with them??? I sent your link to them. The ship looks great and I was surprised actually. We see her in Freeport all the time. Thanks for sending!

Archived