Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

Everytime we go down south (Boston, New York, Baltimore, Florida) we always stop in Andover. They have the Burlington Mall and our favorite restaurants. (Cheesecake Factory & Bugaboo Creek). We also get good deals on hotels with Priceline.

I live in Burlington. About 2 minutes from the mall. Love it and the cheesecake factory! Love your review by the way. I keep checking for updates.

Mike,

Great to read another of your informative reviews. I was blown away by your B2B2B2B, and especially your description, and lovely pics, of your vow renewal. It encouraged me enough to book a renewal aboard the Spirit to Hawaii, last April. We were celebrating our 50th Anniversary, and the Spirit did a marvelous job for us. I was so happy that we decided to have the ceremony. Thanks to you, for convincing me to pay the money. It was worth every penny.

Do they charge extra for that Punch Liner brunch? Looked yummy. Cheryl

Mike,

Great to read another of your informative reviews. I was blown away by your B2B2B2B, and especially your description, and lovely pics, of your vow renewal. It encouraged me enough to book a renewal aboard the Spirit to Hawaii, last April. We were celebrating our 50th Anniversary, and the Spirit did a marvelous job for us. I was so happy that we decided to have the ceremony. Thanks to you, for convincing me to pay the money. It was worth every penny.

Congrats on 50 years :D

I don't normally peruse Carnival threads, but I saw yours and have been captivated by yours photos, and the overall review. Man, you have been on more ships on your b2b2b2b than I have in 5 years!, and now this great review of the Miracle.

I am impressed!! Keep it coming!:D

By the way, how much weight did you gain on this cruise? as compared to the back to back? I always gain on my cruises, and the older I get the more difficult it is to get it off.:(

Thank you, glad your enjoying it. On our B2B2B2B we were gone for 28 days and I gained 16 lbs. On our Miracle cruise we were gone 12 days and I gained 9 lbs. :eek:

Mike,

Thank you Cheryl, congratulations on your 50th Anniversary.

No, there is no charge for the Punchliner Brunch. :)

I then went up to the upper deck of the ship where there is an observatory. The larger building behind the ship is called the Tropic Restaurant. It’s an open-air dining pavilion serving hamburgers, hot dogs, jerked chicken, tropical salads, fresh fruits, desserts and cool drinks.

All of the food is brought from the ship. The cooking equipment, plate, cup, utensils, etc. stays on the island. The other buildings near the dining pavilion had picnic tables to seat the diners. (I’ll have more photos later when Tracy and I had lunch)

DSC_0112.jpg

Surrounding area

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Time for more fun in the sun

DSC_0088.jpg

Dominic from the ship

DSC_0089.jpg

I was told by some of the gang that Arielle had been looking for us when we were gone to lunch, so I went for a walk toward the entrance, but never found her.

Little fishies

DSC_0092.jpg

Playground near the entrance

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

I returned to the pirate ship and Tracy and I hung around with the gang until it was time to return to the ship. What a wonderful time, what a beautiful beach. Honestly I can decide which I liked best, Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay.

Before leaving I asked one of the few locals that live on Half Moon Cay about the structures they were building next to the pirate ship. He told me they were going to be 2 story cabanas with lots of extras.

DSC_0120.jpg

Have to try that someday

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Near the entrance we came upon a Tropical Mist Station (cool water mist).

Very refreshing

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

Great way to do your review Mike ! I"m in some of your pictures . We had such a great time on this cruise also ! We are thinking about sneaking another Miracle cruise in Jan. They have some really great deals to be had then ! Mike when our boy"s were young we always drove to FLA. from NJ !! In 21 hours !! This was the first time we haven been on a cruise with our son"s .They go with there friends now ! They are doing the Splendor next July with there friends for my youngest son"s 21st birthday ! Looking at your pictures with your kids was great ..Most times we never saw ours on our cruises ! It was great that your daughter spent alot of time with you and your wife ! We saw alot of family with 2 kids and my wife missed very much not having them with us this time !! Anyway great review thanks again ! And after Hurricane Sandy in witch we lost power for 6 day"s we just got hit with a half foot of snow last night !!

What a coincidence that Tracy's hometown was on the Pirate Ship. We were on Half Moon Cay in 05 and it sure has grown. They also use different tenders, we had to use the ships. The beach is still beautiful. Saw someone turned the camera on you again.:)