Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

Afterwards we went back to the cabins to make sure the kids were up and getting ready for Grand Turk, since they had told us they wanted to join us. We were all excited since it was our first time in Grand Turk. We had docked a 9 am and we got off at about 10 am.

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

Miracle 2004, 88,000 ton

DSC_0803.jpg

Freedom 2007, 110,000 tons

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0805.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

DSC_0815.jpg

We told Mitchel it was too hot for jeans but as usual he didn’t listen to us. He was already complaining, he got as far as the shops and returned to the ship.

DSC_0816.jpg

Stopping to smell the flowers

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

Informative and entertaining review - thanks for sharing with us your memories and your wonderful family too!

We also have an English-Scottish friend living in BC, Canada with her own canouck too : - ))

Finally, love that Mardi Gras mask - inspired catch by your ladies!

DSC_0733copy.jpg

Glad you like it. Mike

Background info: Mike (57), occupation- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Mountie), Tracy (40) Formerly a Paramedic now a Mountie, originally from Wales, UK. Arielle (17), Mitchel (16).

Like most cruise critic members I start counting the days from the time I booked this cruise on March 25th, 2012. I love to research and plan everything from the restaurants along the way and back, the shopping malls we will be visiting, our itinerary, things to do on the ship and in ports. I do run most things through Tracy before finalizing anything.

Tracy on the other hand started getting excited about a month before the cruise. She started asking questions such as what ship are we going on again, where are we going, etc. I downloaded the Shipmate app on her iPhone and iPad so that she would have the info readily available, especially when talking with family and friends.

Arielle has matured a lot in the past 6 months; she will be turning 18 a couple of weeks after the cruise. She started getting excited a few weeks prior to our departure. She now has a boyfriend and said she wanted to hang out with us. She never got up early enough to go to the gym but to our surprise she did spent a lot of time with us.

Mitchel is different from the rest of us; if he got excited he never showed it. However, two days before leaving he was on Facebook with friends and asked me what ship were we going on.

Warning, to those who have followed my reviews know that this will be a long one with lots of photos (over a thousand).

Pre-cruise: Departed on Wednesday, Oct 3rd, 2012. Two days before departure. New York is 630 miles (10 hrs.) from where we live. When the kids were young Tracy and I used to drive non-stop to Florida (24 hour drive) but now 5 hours a day is enough. Plus taking two days to get there would give us plenty of time to get some shopping done and visit our favorite restaurants.

Hmmm sounds very familiar.

We met up with our friends. From this point on I will call them "the gang”. Juli (the organizer), J.R (the dancer) Pam (the party girl) Larry (the cross dresser) Amanda (the birthday girl) Jay (the cool guy) and Chris ( the entertainer)

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg