Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

Why are you so concerned with what his daughter is drinking? Are you the drink police?

S/He is very much a drink police and asked about the Yellow Bird a few pages earlier. :confused: I'm glad someone else noticed and I hope "Name of the Game" realizes that even if they are alcoholic, it doesn't matter to anyone but her parents (who, in case Name didn't notice, are present in the pictures and behind the lens!!), and can quietly go back to reading the thread and enjoying Mike's awesome reviews.

Mike! GREAT review!!! I LOVE your reviews, was so excited when I came across it tonight! :)

We sailed the Miracle Thanksgiving 2010, I LOVE that ship! :D

We were suppose to go to Grand Turk on the Miracle, but the waters were to rough! We were so BUMMED! Someday hope to get there.

I just LOVE how they made the aft pool, adult only area! LOOKS great. Thank for the awesome pictures!!!!

You and your wife look great as usual! Kids too!!!

Hi Kathy, nice to hear from you again. Thank you. Mike

Hey Mike, I LOVE how you nicknamed us all!!

Me? "Party Girl"?...lol :cool:that's cool.

Larry as "The Cross Dresser" is a riot and a half!! :D

I am reliving this wonderful vacation once again, through your eyes...and missing every one of the "gang"!

I wanna DO OVER!! :D

Hi Pam, I'm glad you didn't mind the nicknames, especially Larry. It will make sense to everyone else soon enough. :D

Yes, we all want a DO OVER. I fear every cruise from now on will be rated against this one.

We were back at 2:30 and the ship left at 3 pm.

We had a late lunch in Horatio’s. Tracy and I decided on the deli. Instead of choosing something off the menu, we chose our own bread, cheeses, meats, vegetables and condiments. I had several different meats and cheese on my sandwiched. Then we added some salad and voila, a very nice meal.

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

For the remainder of the afternoon we mostly relaxed in our cabin. Tracy read her book and I wrote in my journal. I did have to go to the fun shops to get some aloe for Arielle’s sunburn. She had used sunblock but obviously not enough.

We went to dinner at 7:30 that night, Montree and Anjaya’s section was busy so we were seated in another section. The waiters were good but we had grown attached to our regular servers and would return to them the next night.

Vine Ripe Beefsteak Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella

DSC_0946.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

Oyster Rockefeller

DSC_0948.jpg

Chicken Tenders Marinated in Thai Spices

DSC_0949.jpg

Oven Roasted Turkey

DSC_0950.jpg

Petite Filet Mignon and Braised Boneless Short-Rib

DSC_0951.jpg

At 11:45 pm it was the adults only ‘Carnival Quest Game’ in the Mad Hatter’s Ball. There were at least 15 of us from our roll call group that attended the naughty game.

Quest was hosted by the cruise director Cory Rogers. Everyone in attendance was asked to divide into teams of 4-8 persons. We had two teams representing cruise critic. Each team is given a numbered placard. Cory Rogers would tell the teams to produce an item or give them a task to do. Once the item was produced or the task completed the team would receive points. The top 3 teams would receive prizes.

Spoiler alert! When the game was completed and the staff had left the lounge I found a list which had all of the items asked by Cory Rogers. This list is different than the one they have on other ships. We played Quest on Carnival Pride, although similar, it had a lot of differences.

Miracle-The Quest

-Piece of candy

-Collections of 3 belts

-Camera

-Picture of the White House

-Watch costing more than $400

-Roll of toilet paper

-Roll up a team member into a mummy

-Make pile of dispensed toilet paper on stage

-Funny picture

-Sock with a hole in it

-Pair of woman’s underwear

-Man wearing lipstick

-Erotic tattoo

-Piercing below the neck

-Naughty picture

-Matching set of cosmetic surgeries!

-Demonstration of unique sexual position

-Man and women swapping clothes

We were team number 9 and the other CC team was number 12.

Cory Rogers

DSC_0980.jpg

Dominic keeping score

DSC_0981.jpg

Returning with belt

DSC_0982.jpg

Camera

DSC_0983.jpg

Picture of the White House, being Canadian I believe it’s on your $20.

DSC_0984.jpg

$400 watch. A lot of people went up with cheap watches and Cory turned them away

DSC_0985.jpg

When he asked for the toilet paper rolls there was a mad rush to the bathrooms in the rear of the lounge. Can you imagine if some unsuspecting person was using the bathroom when the crowd rushed in?

The toilet paper mummy wrap

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

Pile of loose toilet paper on stage (it was an effective way of having the guests pick up the mess)

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

Next was the funny picture, since I was taking photos I went up with the camera.

Then it was the sock with a hole in it. A few people tore a hole in their sock only to have Cory remind them afterwards that their socks already have holes in them, it’s where you put your foot in.

A pair of women’s underwear, the gang all turned to Tracy since she was the only one wearing a dress. While she was protesting, Pam realized that she could simply go on stage and show her panties without taking them off.

Cory picked out someone from the crowd and it happened to be Chris from our team. He sat him down on a chair. Then he asked the men to kiss him wearing lipstick. Then it was the women’s turn to do the same.

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0997.jpg

Hey Mike,

Thanks for posting pictures at Grand Turk. We are there in April and we are the second Carnival ship in port that day (Princess comes in later to make 3) and we were wondering how busy the beach was and then Margaritaville when you were there? Any issue finding loungers or a place to park your butt to have a blender drink or two? Thanks again, Mike.

Allan

Hi: What a great review and pictures..Thank you so much..We will be on the Miracle on 11/30..I was just wondering do they keep the pool closed when the weather is cool? We will have two cold sea days going down so I am hoping we can use the pool that is covered..Thanks again for all the information..

The first night we stayed at the Andover Inn, in Andover, MA. The Andover Inn is a New England country inn registered with the National Register of Historic Inns and located about 25 miles north of Boston on the 500-acre campus of Phillips Academy, one of the oldest private secondary boarding schools in the United States.

We got it through Priceline for $80.59, taxes included. However, one of the disadvantages of booking through Priceline, which save you a lot of money, is that you are only guaranteed one bed and for the first time in 4 years of using Priceline, that’s all they had available. We always carry an air mattress with us just in case and that’s what Arielle and Mitchel slept on. Built in 1930, the room was small by today’s standards. It had a double bed and shower only.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

My sister and her family live up in Andover!! We go up for a few days every summer...! What a great town! I know exactly where that Inn is....

Lucky for us we had Pam, (yellow top with placard #9) she was scoring most of the points for our team.

Next it was a naughty picture; the last two photos were naughty enough so up I went with my camera.

Matching set of cosmetic surgeries

DSC_1004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53