Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

HMC....oh, be still my heart. LOVE that place and GT too! Lost power from Frankenstorm Sandy for 8 days, back on for 24 hours, then lost it again for another 15 hours :mad: THEN we had 6" of snow yesterday/last night :( Looking at these pictures of this beautiful little oasis is sure helping me feel better! Thanks again for sharing! :cool:

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0791.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

Oh my gosh. We were on the Freedom and in Grand Turk the same day as you guys! Before we'd gone ashore, we did a few laps up on the outdoor jogging track and were excited to see the Miracle (one of our favorite ships) parked next to us. What a small world.

We had dinner in the Bacchus Dining Room at 6 pm. Mitchel was a no show. Apparently he had met a girl and skipped out on us. We had a chat with him later that evening and it won’t happen again. We have a rule that they must attend all family dinners unless we are notified beforehand.

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

Head Waiter Montree

DSC_0149.jpg

His assistant Anjaya

DSC_0146.jpg

Bar Waiter, Romulo

DSC_0150.jpg

After dinner we went to the Atrium to relax while we waited for the ‘Gameshow Mania’ that was scheduled to start at 9 pm, in the Phantom Lounge.

Metropolis Lobby, Guitar Grooves with JD

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

We arrived at the Phantom Lounge early and they were having some sort of father and son competition.

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

We decided to skip the ‘Love & Marriage Game’ that was starting at ten and instead went to see Arielle singing with a live band in the Mad Hatter’s Ball.

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Following ‘Superstar live’ we decide we deserved a treat, any reason will do on vacation.

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

His

DSC_0169.jpg

Hers

DSC_0170.jpg

Juli and J.R had convinced the gang on going to a resort in Nassau. Therefore, the four of us had decided we needed to get up at 7:30 am, since the plan was to meet the gang, in the lobby at 9:30 am.

Our excursion was Breezes, an all-inclusive resort. The kids were excited and Tracy and I were pleased to be trying something new in Nassau.

We were in bed by midnight.

Goodnight

DSC_0154.jpg

Tomorrow Nassau

Great way to do your review Mike ! I"m in some of your pictures . We had such a great time on this cruise also ! We are thinking about sneaking another Miracle cruise in Jan. They have some really great deals to be had then ! Mike when our boy"s were young we always drove to FLA. from NJ !! In 21 hours !! This was the first time we haven been on a cruise with our son"s .They go with there friends now ! They are doing the Splendor next July with there friends for my youngest son"s 21st birthday ! Looking at your pictures with your kids was great ..Most times we never saw ours on our cruises ! It was great that your daughter spent alot of time with you and your wife ! We saw alot of family with 2 kids and my wife missed very much not having them with us this time !! Anyway great review thanks again ! And after Hurricane Sandy in witch we lost power for 6 day"s we just got hit with a half foot of snow last night !!

Thank you Mr. Veedam. By the way I enjoyed your video of Carnival Miracle on Youtube. If I remember correctly it was your boys who paid for this cruise. Maybe if I drop a few hints now and then our kids might pay for one of our future cruise. Our 25th anniversary is 6 years away. :D

You are certainly getting bad weather, when Sandy struck we had maybe 30-40 mph winds. Yesterday we received our first snowfall, about 2 inches of snow.

Hope things get better soon for you. Mike

HMC....oh, be still my heart. LOVE that place and GT too! Lost power from Frankenstorm Sandy for 8 days, back on for 24 hours, then lost it again for another 15 hours :mad: THEN we had 6" of snow yesterday/last night :( Looking at these pictures of this beautiful little oasis is sure helping me feel better! Thanks again for sharing! :cool:

Thanks, hope the weather improves for all of you. It hard to imagine losing power for 8 days. The worst I ever experienced was 2 days.

Oh my gosh. We were on the Freedom and in Grand Turk the same day as you guys! Before we'd gone ashore, we did a few laps up on the outdoor jogging track and were excited to see the Miracle (one of our favorite ships) parked next to us. What a small world.

Didn't you see me waving at you. :D

Can't wait to see what happens next! :D:p:D

When anyone asks about our cruise I tell them we had WAY too much fun!!! I want a DO-OVER too! :)

Give my Canadian 'sister' a hug!

Juli (AKA "the gang” organizer)

Hi Juli, nice to hear from you, don't worry I'll give your sister lots of hugs for you. :D

We all got up at 7:30 am as planned, being a man it took me very little time to get ready (shower, comb my hair) so off I went to get a few photos. We were already docked so all I got was the surrounding area.

Monarch Of the Sea, 1991, 74,000 tons

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

Atlantis

DSC_0176.jpg

We met the gang as planned and disembarked. Today’s group included Juli & J.R, Pam & Larry, Amy & Rocco, Amanda & Jay and the four of us. We walked along the Prince George Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal which lead to the Festival Place Welcome Center.

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

When you enter the Welcome Center there is a variety of shops.

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

When you exit the building, you are on Bay Street.

There are two ways to get to Breezes, bus or taxis. The cheapest way is by bus (Jitney), $1.25 per person. To catch the bus you turn right after you exit the building.

You can either walk on Bay Street or take Woodes Rogers Walk which runs parallel to Bay Street and follows the water.

DSC_0192.jpg

You walk a couple of blocks until you reach ‘Senor Frog’s’ and make a left, another minute or two and you are at the bus stop on George Street.

DSC_0194.jpg

The bus was there when we arrived. Number 10 to ‘Cable Beach’.

DSC_0195.jpg