Back to back Miami- Must we disembark

naxos

The US Immigration requires you to get off the ship (if you are arriving in Miami from outside the US), go through Immigration and then you can get back on right away. IF your last stop was Key West you have already gone through Immigration so you do not have to do so again.

In Miami we have always had to disembark ...for a short time

I still think you may have to disembark for a short time in Miami though

Hope someone has the correct answer for you

Lyn

Why don't you call Oceania and ask them? Didn't realize it matters if you went through immigration while on the ship at a port of call.

I did a B2B on the Jewel of the Seas and the B2Bers were instructed to meet in a certain area that morning and they walked us through immigration. You will still have to be reissued a new sea pass card (I think Oceania would do that) and a new onboard account start up as well, since this is considered a new cruise.

I did a B2B on the Jewel of the Seas and the B2Bers were instructed to meet in a certain area that morning and they walked us through immigration. You will still have to be reissued a new sea pass card (I think Oceania would do that) and a new onboard account start up as well, since this is considered a new cruise.

You get a new seapass a day or 2 before the end of the 1st cruise & your account just carries over until your last night of the final cruise

Lyn

DH and I did a B2B in spring of 2011 on Regatta with turnaround in Miami. Before we cruised, we were told that we would not have to get off. We were changing cabins and waiting for the person to come and help us (as we had been told over and over that someone would). We were phoned and said that we must leave the ship. We had to wait in the building for over an hour before we could get back on. If we had know that we had to leave the ship we might have gone on an excursion like the others who did b2b. I WAS THE FIRST PASSENGER TO BOARD A CRUISE as we were first back on.

No one ever came to help us. From that experience, I will never again book b2b if I have to change cabins.

We have done b2b with the cruise turnaround in Southampton, UK and we were not required to leave the ship.

So, yes you must leave the ship in Miami. I believe that the new card was sent to our cabin a few days before we reached Miami. Our account just continued on and we were given a total at the end of the second cruise.

I thought that maybe this was a United States requirement, but we were not required to leave a ship on another line with b2b changeover in Los Angeles.

We have done b2b with the cruise turnaround in Southampton, UK and we were not required to leave the ship.

We had to leave the ship in Dover they required a ZERO count

I thought that maybe this was a United States requirement, but we were not required to leave a ship on another line with b2b changeover in Los Angeles.

I have heard some of the larger ships just take the B2B passengers to an area until others are disembarked

But we had to leave the ship in LA

We just go off for a few hours so it is not a big deal to us

Lyn

Archived