Bringing Liquor, Wine and Soda Onboard

Bekachan

Hi. This is my first cruise on Princess and I am trying to keep a positive outlook due to the fact that our itinerary has been altered (stupid late October hurricane). But here's my question:

1) I was told that you can bring 1 bottle of wine on the cruise per person. Can a bottle of liquor be substituted?

2) Also, can you bring cans of soda onboard? If so, how many?

Thanks!

Hi. This is my first cruise on Princess and I am trying to keep a positive outlook due to the fact that our itinerary has been altered (stupid late October hurricane). But here's my question:

1) I was told that you can bring 1 bottle of wine on the cruise per person.

In past years unofficially people bring much more than 1 bottle per person, what the future holds remains to be seen but I suspect it will be the same.

Can a bottle of liquor be substituted?

Official no but many people for years pack their own choice of liquor and haven't had any problems boarding with it. RumRummers haven't been needed on Princess- yet.

As much as you can carry.

Thanks!

See above.

Saw liquor being confiscated at the check in x ray machine at San Pedro 2 weeks ago when we were boarding Golden Princess.

A table was set up just past the xraymachine and a Princess ship employee was taking the Crown Royal and writing a receipt.

Saw liquor being confiscated at the check in x ray machine at San Pedro 2 weeks ago when we were boarding Golden Princess.

A table was set up just past the xraymachine and a Princess ship employee was taking the Crown Royal and writing a receipt.

Thanks for the heads up. It's RumRunners for San Pedro.

In Florida they're more lax about collections and have never said a word about a 20 oz plastic bottle filled with liquor. At all the distant ports in the Caribbean they also very lax about collections & although they scan everything never ask to see what's in a beach bag.

Originally Posted by Bekachan viewpost.gif

1) I was told that you can bring 1 bottle of wine on the cruise per person.

In past years unofficially people bring much more than 1 bottle per person, what the future holds remains to be seen but I suspect it will be the same.

Can a bottle of liquor be substituted?

Official no but many people for years pack their own choice of liquor and haven't had any problems boarding with it. RumRummers haven't been needed on Princess- yet.

As much as you can carry. Or paste a baggage tag on it and give ito the

porter, of course with a little extra tip. :rolleyes: :cool:

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

22 & 23rd cruises - Sapphire Princess B2B, 04 - 11 May & 11 - 18 May, 2013, California Coastal & Wine Country.

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

As far as you know, what this the only bottle taken or were there lots of them?

Of course, Crown Royal is a very disinctively shaped bottle, almost begging to be confiscated.

May I ask...did you also see excess (more than one bottle per person) of wine being confiscated? My mother and I always bring a few bottles of our favorite Prosecco onboard, as it is not available on the ship.

May I ask...did you also see excess (more than one bottle per person) of wine being confiscated? My mother and I always bring a few bottles of our favorite Prosecco onboard' date=' as it is not available on the ship.[/quote']

Tune in to my LIVE. We board the Coral in San Pedro tomorrow.

May I ask...did you also see excess (more than one bottle per person) of wine being confiscated? My mother and I always bring a few bottles of our favorite Prosecco onboard' date=' as it is not available on the ship.[/quote']

OK - due to a nosewheel flat tire on our plane we were a little later than anticipated and did not board until 3.10pm.

We didn't hang around at security but there were a few bottles in bags on the table where the Crown Royal was being confiscated.

Nearly everone was already on board by the time we went through security.

Yes I noticed that because of the distinctive shape,it was not yet in a bag, but I do not know if the table had been previously cleared of bottles during the checkin day or not.

OK - due to a nosewheel flat tire on our plane we were a little later than anticipated and did not board until 3.10pm.

We didn't hang around at security but there were a few bottles in bags on the table where the Crown Royal was being confiscated.

Nearly everone was already on board by the time we went through security.

Yes I noticed that because of the distinctive shape,it was not yet in a bag, but I do not know if the table had been previously cleared of bottles during the checkin day or not.

I'm beginning to think that these were very select incidences. There are so usually many bottles of alcohol being smuggled in carry on's and since this was the end of the boarding process that was their total collection. The odds are still in favor of not getting picked up, especially if it's not in a typically shaped liquor bottle....ie soda, juice bottle or even RumRunner. Unlike other cruise lines, Princess doesn't concern themselves looking for smuggled bottles of alcohol.

Archived