Ship still in port Canaveral

gypsyrose

Forgive me if already posted. On phone and not working properly. Wnondering why monarch still sitting at port Canaveral. We ate at fish lips. We leave on FOS SUNDAY. Don't know monarch schedule and not even positive it is monarch. Just curious.

Forgive me if already posted. On phone and not working properly. Wnondering why monarch still sitting at port Canaveral. We ate at fish lips. We leave on FOS SUNDAY. Don't know monarch schedule and not even positive it is monarch. Just curious.

Monarch is in port because of the weather. I am reading on these boards that she will not pull out till tomorrow.

The webcam is showing some bad weather and we are hearing high winds. Aren’t you getting that same weather at Fishlips?

Take care

M

From Royal Caribbean website as of 6 pm Eastern Time

Due to high winds caused by Hurricane Sandy, Monarch of the Seas' departure from Port Canaveral, Florida, today has been delayed. Unfortunately, due to the delayed departure, and the time and speed needed, the ship will not be able to call on Nassau, Bahamas. We have made alternate arrangements to call on Freeport, Bahamas. However, calling on Freeport will depend on the time the ship is able to depart Port Canaveral, as well as the most recent weather forecast. Also, because of our need to prepare CocoCay, Bahamas, for the weather impact, Monarch of the Seas will not call on CocoCay.

From Royal Caribbean website as of 6 pm Eastern Time

Due to high winds caused by Hurricane Sandy, Monarch of the Seas' departure from Port Canaveral, Florida, today has been delayed. Unfortunately, due to the delayed departure, and the time and speed needed, the ship will not be able to call on Nassau, Bahamas. We have made alternate arrangements to call on Freeport, Bahamas. However, calling on Freeport will depend on the time the ship is able to depart Port Canaveral, as well as the most recent weather forecast. Also, because of our need to prepare CocoCay, Bahamas, for the weather impact, Monarch of the Seas will not call on CocoCay.

Are you still in PC?

Don't forget what happened to Freedom of the Seas last year when she set sail from PC and landed in bad weather!

Yes, don't forget that cause I was on that ship and would of loved to been in port instead....but at first was so thinking we was lucky to get out and the rest did not...well that was soon to change as the night went on...will be an experience I will never forget. Matter fact my brother is out on the freedom right now with the half off cruise after the effects of that cruise...so wonder if they will ever cruise after this is all done.

Yes, don't forget that cause I was on that ship and would of loved to been in port instead....but at first was so thinking we was lucky to get out and the rest did not...well that was soon to change as the night went on...will be an experience I will never forget. Matter fact my brother is out on the freedom right now with the half off cruise after the effects of that cruise...so wonder if they will ever cruise after this is all done.

what happened?

Marinetraffic shows between 48-50 knot winds off shore.

Earlier this evening the buoy data also showed nasty conditions :(

Station 41010 (LLNR 845) - CANAVERAL EAST - 120NM East of Cape Canaveral

Wind Speed (WSPD):

46.6 kts

Wind Gust (GST):

62.2 kts

Wave Height (WVHT):

30.5 ft

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41010

I'm further north at the shore and it's a really rough night here. My husband's scanner is full of reports of power line hazards (lines down, trees sparking, etc.), flooding and motor vehicle accidents, with 5 new ones just reported on I 95. One included a motorcycle - though why anyone would be out on a bike in these conditions is beyond me. :rolleyes: Responders are stretched thin tonight. And this mess is just from the outer bands. I pity anyone in the Northeast who gets the full brunt of this hurricane head on. Please take care.

what happened?

I am sorry got off last night...but it was a freak storm they say and we ended up the wind kept changing direction when the captain would change direction and I now for get how fast and how much we were tilting over ( yes also forget the fancy word for that) but anyways we were eating and dishes flying everywhere, the waiters was even scared you could see. They made us go back to our rooms and that was a very interesting and challenge to walk back sideways felt, holding on to the walls. We had the first seating and second one never did get to go that evening. Then we got back to our room to find water was coming in under our balcony door and flooding our room. It was crazy and you would hear crew that had worked many years had never been through anything like this. The stores lost so many things and had to work to clean up all the things that fell off the shelves and broke.

Archived