Anything Special for an Inagural Cruise?

Free "champagne" is flowing on embarkation... My avatar is from the first 5 mins I ever spent on a cruise ship ;)

Free "stuff" every night in the stateroom... We got sports bags, tote bags, cook books, hats, lanyards, towels, "fancy pens"... Only problem was finding some space in the suitcase to take it all home!

The best perk of the inaugural sailings though was that they picked their best staff from across the fleet to work the ship... Top notch service!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

On the Allure we received pretty much what Beth mentioned regardless of status or what stateroom you were in, which I thought was nice. I'm sailing the celebrity reflection inaugural and have been told by Celebrity cruisers NOT to expect that with that sailing. boo hoo.

On the Allure we received pretty much what Beth mentioned regardless of status or what stateroom you were in, which I thought was nice. I'm sailing the celebrity reflection inaugural and have been told by Celebrity cruisers NOT to expect that with that sailing. boo hoo.

I got off the Celebrity Reflection Inaugural in Europe on Sunday, we did not get even a keyring to signify we had just sailed the Inaugural :(

Yes, the price

I won't disagree with you there... We booked Oasis inaugural initially for $1829pp... Nope not for a JS... An inside!! Allure inaugural on the other hand was $749... Much better than oasis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the inaugural of the Ruby Princess and didn't notice much difference with a regular cruise.

I was on the inaugural of the Ruby....the naming ceremony was very neat. There were no charges for any drinks for the two day cruise....to me, that is a perk (although I did not abuse the free drinks as many did). Don't recall getting a lot of free stuff to take home.

I won't disagree with you there... We booked Oasis inaugural initially for $1829pp... Nope not for a JS... An inside!! Allure inaugural on the other hand was $749... Much better than oasis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the bookings open to everyone?

We went on the Allure and got a D1 balcony for $1349 pp and I actually got a OBC cause the price dropped even more (but I booked this 6months before the date). So for price - it depends...

Gifts every day...

Special coin..

Trying to get Diamond Status before sunshine or new genesis class ship...

I did the inaugural for freedom and there weren't any major differences. We did received some extra goodies, like tote bags and picture frames. I do remember a lot more free drinks than usual. And there is always bragging rights.....but other than that....no difference.

With all of the talk of Sunshine and 3rd Oasis Class, it got me to wondering, "Does Royal Caribbean do anything special for the 1st voyage?"

We did the Oasis inaugural. Every night they left goodies on the bed...hats, cookbook, pens, fleece blankets, lanyards, commemorative photo/coins/coke bottles, chocolates, and some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. Oh, and a bottle of champagne.

We also did the Allure inaugural. We got a lot of goodies, but it was more on Oasis, probably because it was not only the inaugural voyage, but Oasis was first in its class as well.

Are the bookings open to everyone?

Depending which inaugural we are speaking of. The answer is yes. Most ships do a complimentary "pre" inaugural for the travel industry, prize winners and dignitaries and are normally two nights long. These aren't open to anyone. Its by invitation only. But the first paying customer inaugural (short cruise) is open to all. The inaugural is all the eyes of the beholder though. The Allure for example sold Maiden Voyage logo stuff for one year. So if you sailed her anytime within that year you could be considered that you were on her maiden voyage. :eek:

Archived