Leaving tomorrow on Explorer

kaykels

Just what nervous cruisers need to hear...more high anxiety and impending doom! When was the last time Jim Cantore captained a ship?? There is nothing worse than an expert who has no skill or knowledge making judgement calls!!!

I could not imagine going on my vacation and feeling this way...please do not beat this fantastic crew up to much.... we are on the Explorer in 5 weeks

Have a wonderful cruise !!!!!!!!

We left Port Canaveral in a similar situation as the case today....Storm bearing down on the Florida coast....

We left port as soon as all were on board, muster drill was held very early, and they were undoing the lines as we assembled....

We went as far out and around the storm as possible, it was understood that any ports will subject to change....

With todays storm heading towards shore (westward), EOS will probably head north and east on top of the storm and approach Bermuda from behind the storm

As it were, we only lost one port stop, and the others were reversed in order of stopping. EOS may get another sea day due to increased distance to sail.

yup, she's on her way. I think a little early. I hope everyone is on board. I just saw a report they are expecting 11 foot swells in NY harbor. Coast guard said they are bracing.

The ride will not be smooth. The Weather Channel just mentioned how they saw The Norweigan Ship just leave for Bermuda, and, there are 30 foot seas heading to Bermuda, and near Bermuda. Jim Cantore said he was very concerned about the ships heading to Bermuda.

We shall see.

Live on Explorer. We did make it under the bridge very quickly and we even had to stop for a freighter to pass in front of us. Lightly rocky sailing right now and we'll see what happens. They are taking us on a route out and around to the south of Bermuda. The captain said we will be going about 200 nautical miles extra for our safely.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is nice that ships are safer at sea. However, everyone has a different feeling about high seas. Some cruisers might love up to 35 foot seas. Up to 35 foot seas might not bother others. While some people might think it's a trip to heck, panic, and over react. All natural reactions.

Be careful everyone and hang on to the rails.

They have those bags at every stairwell on each floor if you need them.

Go to the 3rd floor dining windows for the best view on just how high the ways get. Victory at Sea they call it.

Live on Explorer. We did make it under the bridge very quickly and we even had to stop for a freighter to pass in front of us. Lightly rocky sailing right now and we'll see what happens. They are taking us on a route out and around to the south of Bermuda. The captain said we will be going about 200 nautical miles extra for our safely.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update!

Have a great cruise and safe travels.

Archived