Conierge Lounge on Riviera

sabrefan

Planning on sailing on Riviera on February 12th. Going via concierge class and was wondering do the offer free alcoholic drinks in their concierge lounge? Trying to determine advantages of concierge level.

There is not a "bar" in the Concierge Lounge, and alcoholic drinks are not included.

Planning on sailing on Riviera on February 12th. Going via concierge class and was wondering do the offer free alcoholic drinks in their concierge lounge? Trying to determine advantages of concierge level.

You could buy the Prestige Drinks Package for C $50 per person per day. An absolute bargain:) - most drinks except for a few cognacs and malts are included in the price, drinks are available to order when the ships' bars are open.

Glenda

There are 2 lounges.

The concierge lounge for concierge and above, the executive lounge for suites.

I thought they might be different but wasn't sure!!! Will be amazing to be in the "sweet" level on Marina!!! :p LuAnn

There are 2 lounges.

The concierge lounge for concierge and above, the executive lounge for suites.

:confused:

I'm not sure that they want the Suite Passengers using the Concierge Lounge, as discussion of any kind of differences between the two Lounges might cause

hard feelings.

• 2 weeks later...
So what are the differences?? I am interested - will have access to the exec lounge..

The Executive Lounge is just generally more upscale. Nicer finishes, better upholstery, there are a greater selection of magazines and newspapers, a more elaborate food selection.

More importantly, the Concierge assigned to the Executive Lounge will be more experienced, and will be on duty more often.

More importantly, the Concierge assigned to the Executive Lounge will be more experienced, and will be on duty more often.

My experience on Marina recently was that the Concierge was never there. Certainly not the advertised times.

Generally I was disappointed with the snack/food offering, it was usually a few rather stale looking cookies. I think the whole concept is way overrated. I have been to hotels with Executive lounges and they have had a much better offering. I would be nice to have some potato chips or nuts available on-demand.

...Generally I was disappointed with the snack/food offering, it was usually a few rather stale looking cookies. I think the whole concept is way overrated. I have been to hotels with Executive lounges and they have had a much better offering. I would be nice to have some potato chips or nuts available on-demand.

I was recently on the American Queen paddlewheel steamboat on the Tenessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississipi rivers. Their concept is a small lounge with coffee machine, soft serve ice cream machine, soda fountain, juice and lemonade machine, small bags of various potato chips, popcorn machine, cookies, and a hot dog roller grill (like in convenience stores), all self serve and all available 24/7.Simple but effective, especially if you're a junk food junkie like me :rolleyes:.

The concierge and executive lounges already have the coffee machines, cooler with sodas, juices and the like, and the cookie and sandwich servers. All they need are the chips, popcorn and ice cream machine --- especially the popcorn! I love the hotdogs, but they might not get much use on Oceania. There's something in the air on American rivers that whispers, "Hot dog now..." ;)

I was recently on the American Queen paddlewheel steamboat on the Tenessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississipi rivers. Their concept is a small lounge with coffee machine, soft serve ice cream machine, soda fountain, juice and lemonade machine, small bags of various potato chips, popcorn machine, cookies, and a hot dog roller grill (like in convenience stores), all self serve and all available 24/7.Simple but effective, especially if you're a junk food junkie like me :rolleyes:.

The concierge and executive lounges already have the coffee machines, cooler with sodas, juices and the like, and the cookie and sandwich servers. All they need are the chips, popcorn and ice cream machine --- especially the popcorn! I love the hotdogs, but they might not get much use on Oceania. There's something in the air on American rivers that whispers, "Hot dog now..." ;)

Don you and your popcorn :D

I do not know where I would put the extra food even some popcorn

but do agree maybe some snacks around would be good even for us peons ;)

Lyn

I've never disagreed with Stan and Jm on ANYTHING, but here it goes:

The ONLY difference between the Concierge Lounge and the Executive lounge is their design.

The CL is contemporary and the EL is traditional.

They are identical in size

Same quality of furnishings and fittings and wall coverings

Same quality art, except EL are antique paintings

Same quality carpets and lamps

Identical number and type of magazines.

CL has a 100 book best sellers library while the El has no library.

Identical number of PC's and printers for guest use

Identical size flat screen TV

Identical refreshment area with identical equipment and identical food and beverage offerings.

BTW, croissants,danishes, bagels mini-muffins and juices etc for breakfast, 3-4 varieties of mini-sandwiches during lunchtime and early afternoon, mini sized pastries during tea- time until late afternoon and NON-stale home made cookies in the evening.

Potato chips and nuts are served in the lounges!

FDR

I must say how amazed I am that Mr Del Rio responds to comments on these boards! It is impressive. We are sailing our very first Oceania Cruise on 2/12/12, to celebrate our 25th anniversary.We have only been on Carnival, RCCL and NCL prior and could not even tell you who their CEO is. I have heard nothing but good things, so I am looking so forward to the experience!!

Pam & Rich Morley

I must say how amazed I am that Mr Del Rio responds to comments on these boards! It is impressive. We are sailing our very first Oceania Cruise on 2/12/12, to celebrate our 25th anniversary.We have only been on Carnival, RCCL and NCL prior and could not even tell you who their CEO is. I have heard nothing but good things, so I am looking so forward to the experience!!

Pam & Rich Morley

Oh my, are you in for a treat! And it's good you're celebrating your 25th anniversary. You will likely never go back, after you've excperienced O.

Happy cruising.

tell me what you thought of this cruise? I've been waiting for you to come back and give me your report!! I want to do this...and would really appreciate your opinion...before I book!!! LuAnn

I've never disagreed with Stan and Jm on ANYTHING, but here it goes:

The ONLY difference between the Concierge Lounge and the Executive lounge is their design.

The CL is contemporary and the EL is traditional.

They are identical in size

Same quality of furnishings and fittings and wall coverings

Same quality art, except EL are antique paintings

Same quality carpets and lamps

Identical number and type of magazines.

CL has a 100 book best sellers library while the El has no library.

Identical number of PC's and printers for guest use

Identical size flat screen TV

Identical refreshment area with identical equipment and identical food and beverage offerings.

BTW, croissants,danishes, bagels mini-muffins and juices etc for breakfast, 3-4 varieties of mini-sandwiches during lunchtime and early afternoon, mini sized pastries during tea- time until late afternoon and NON-stale home made cookies in the evening.

Potato chips and nuts are served in the lounges!

FDR

I so appreciate your imput here...and having met you numerous times...you are always such a help!! and such an "in-touch" CEO....I know I appreciate that...as do many others!!! LuAnn

tell me what you thought of this cruise? I've been waiting for you to come back and give me your report!! I want to do this...and would really appreciate your opinion...before I book!!! LuAnn

LuAnn, loved it, booked again next August, but don't want to steal this thread...I've misplaced your Email, click on "send me a message" and I'll respond with details.

Mr. Del Rio did not mention the concierge, but I will state that our concierge was always there when scheduled and was FABULOUS. I watched their actions when they had unreasonable requests, and you would have thought they were dealing with the only passenger onboard.

Excellent customer service.

I wish all their ships had the lounge. We used it regularly!!! What an asset.

Liquor service in the lounges? No, but they don't need it there. They have fabulous public lounges or you may enjoy a beverage of your choice in your room!!! :D

We have several folks sailing on O now, and they are thrilled that we recommended them. It is everything it is touted to be!!!!

Archived