Vista Class VD 4164 vs SY's and SZ's

CHOPPERTESTER

If the cost was the same which would choose between VD 4164 and an SY or SZ cabin?

SY and SZ have approx 30% more cabin room, jacuzzi tub vs non jacuzzi tub, but they have approx 6 feet less balcony than VD 4164.

VD 4166 only has a shower (no tub) and the SS cabins are directly below the Lido deck so they are out of the choice mix.

For us, it would be an SY. We like the extra cabin room, jetted tub, seperate shower, double vanity. The balconies are big enough for 4 adults to sit and converse.

Last cruise we were in an SS. No noise being under the Lido that we noticed but we do tend to be early risers. We like being on a higher deck.

If the cost was the same which would choose between VD 4164 and an SY or SZ cabin?

SY and SZ have approx 30% more cabin room, jacuzzi tub vs non jacuzzi tub, but they have approx 6 feet less balcony than VD 4164.

VD 4166 only has a shower (no tub) and the SS cabins are directly below the Lido deck so they are out of the choice mix.

4166 is the better choice if you are looking for the larger balcony. 4164 is next to the ice room and you get some noise from there. Otherwise, just a regular balcony cabin. It depends a lot on where you are cruising and if you spend a lot of time on your balcony. I'd probably opt for the larger cabin instead.

4166 is the better choice if you are looking for the larger balcony. 4164 is next to the ice room and you get some noise from there. Otherwise, just a regular balcony cabin. It depends a lot on where you are cruising and if you spend a lot of time on your balcony. I'd probably opt for the larger cabin instead.

Yes, there is noise from ice machine...Do not take this room. Leave it for us...we will put up with it. Larger balcony...didn't realize we had one.

We are going to be in it for the second time this year in less than 30 days. Whoopie!!!

My first reaction was 6164, since we love our outdoor space and this balcony (and 6166) is huge! But then on reading Melody's post, her remark about upgrade makes more sense to go with the SY or SZ. Nothing can beat an SC suite and wrap balcony - except, of course, the percs that come with them.

My first reaction was 6164' date=' since we love our outdoor space and this balcony (and 6166) is huge! But then on reading Melody's post, her remark about upgrade makes more sense to go with the SY or SZ. Nothing can beat an SC suite and wrap balcony - except, of course, the percs that come with them.[/quote']

For a SY or SZ guarantee I would be worried more of getting assigned SY5001 or SY5002 all the way at the front of the ship and with no tub. Ditto for SY6108 & SS8608. With lots of SS still open I would more likely end up under the Lido deck than in a SA/SB/SC.

Are there tubs in the HA SY's? or SC's? or the SS HA?

I found my own answer

Noordam

Staterooms: C 1081, C 1082, N 1011 & N 1012, J 1074, D 1100, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4051, VD 4052,VD 4131, VD 4132, SY 5001, SY 5002, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, SC 6164, SC 6175 & SS 8068 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower.

Staterooms: VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108*, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only according to deck plans. *(Photos of SY 6108 however show a bath tub also).

Archived