Early Saver Question on Cancellation!

gooselover

I have booked a cruise with Early Saver. We are NOT to the final payment date. I know I will lose $100 and the $400 will remain for future cruise, however, I have made extra payments on this.

My question is - will I get my extra 300 I have paid on this cruise back????

Okay, I just got off the phone will Carnival. They are saying that I will NOT get my extra payments back. So, I have paid the $500 deposit, then I have made another payment just last week for $300 towards the balance and Carnival is saying that I won't get ANY MONEY BACK?

That doesn't sound correct or right to me. Other opinions?

Okay, I just got off the phone will Carnival. They are saying that I will NOT get my extra payments back. So, I have paid the $500 deposit, then I have made another payment just last week for $300 towards the balance and Carnival is saying that I won't get ANY MONEY BACK?

When is/was final payment?

I think it depends on when your cruise is.. here's the link from Carnival: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=earlysaver.

We just booked on early saver, and we will get everything but our $750 non-refundable deposit back if we cancel up to 76 days before the cruise.

If you're within 55-30 days before the sale date, you're only to get Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater, so you may be at that 50% rate, depending on your cruise.

That does not sound correct to me, either. I'd suggest calling someone else at Carnival and if they continue to say the same thing, ask to speak to a supervisor.

sounds wrong to me too .. I would call back and talk to someone with better info. I dont guess you have your own PVP .. ? I too would call back

I agree that it does not sound right. I had booked a cruise for my mother under early saver & had paid extra. We cancelled before final payment & received the extra money back in a refund. I would call Carnival back until I got the CORRECT answer.

DJ

It is not correct. Call back

We cancelled under ES lost the standard $50pp and the remaining payments were refunded back to my credit card on that billing cycle.

You will then have the deposit credit to use on a future cruise to be booked within 2 years of the cancellation date. Be sure to keep your orig booking number for reference.

It is not correct. Call back

We cancelled under ES lost the standard $50pp and the remaining payments were refunded back to my credit card on that billing cycle.

You will then have the deposit credit to use on a future cruise to be booked within 2 years of the cancellation date. Be sure to keep your orig booking number for reference.

This is exactly how it worked for me when I had to cancel. They got $50pp and I had the $200pp to apply to a future cruise, and the rest came back to me! Call again. If your PVP isn't handling it correctly -- I'd ask for a new PVP. If you're going through a TA -- they should be doing all this for you!!!!

Okay, I did call them back and got another person by the name of Jennifer. She completely understood what was going on - unlike the first person - and I am getting my extra monies refunded back on my card.

THANK YOU all for pushing me to call them again!

Okay, I did call them back and got another person by the name of Jennifer. She completely understood what was going on - unlike the first person - and I am getting my extra monies refunded back on my card.

THANK YOU all for pushing me to call them again!

Glad it all worked out.

Happy cruising, time to book your replacement cruise! :)

Archived