why norwegian free style

billieholiday

thank you all for the good respons.

we like the choises on cc its beter then rcl so where can i find menu's or are there no choises in the restaurant's.

WHERE CAN I FIND MELTED CHOCOLAT AS DESERT THATS MY FAVORIT.

we live in the netherlands and hope that the storm is going down, we think of you all and hope that it is gonne be okay with every one in th us.

CHOCOHOLIC BUFFET. Ask any of the restaurant staff on NCL. They'll be able to steer you right to it.

Thanks for the kind thoughts regarding the Hurricane. Worst of it is supposed to happen tonight.

Love the freestyle dining and not a having to dress up in long ball gowns. We were on a 15 day cruise, went to the MDR every night and only got the buzzer once due to a huge booking -160 people for Canadian Thanksgiving. We were all given a free glass of champagne and the buzzer. I think we waited 15 minutes. I like to eat with who I want to, when I feel like it, not when I'm told. :)

WHERE CAN I FIND MELTED CHOCOLAT AS DESERT THATS MY FAVORIT.

I think you may be talking about Carnival's Chocolate Melting Cake - and that's a signature item for Carnival and you will not find it on NCL. You might check out the buffet at night (after where ever you choose to eat dinner) and get a chocolate/hazelnut crepe or two. There is a chocoholics buffet one night - the announcement of it will be in your daily paper.

What is the freestyle dress code in the MDR? Thanks : )

Basic cruise casual .... if you wear pants (male) you're fine. There are options others have experienced with shorts for dinner in the MDR, but if you wear pants you'll never be turned away, in any venue on the ship.

What is the freestyle dress code in the MDR? Thanks : )

Resort casual. Basically anything decent - khakis and a collared shirt in one main dining room and shorts are acceptable in the other. Of course, the buffet will allow just about anything although a cover-up is recommended over a swimsuit.

The specialty restaurants require long pants and collared shirts for men and reasonable attire for women (Capris, pants, dresses, skirts, etc.)

It will all be explained in your welcome aboard booklet (which you will find online a few weeks before you sail).

wow. My sympathies to Seavoyager6's "assigned" tablemates on all those "fancy" cruise lines :-P

Why the personal attack??

I never said anything about fancy cruise lines.. I just said BETTER ones than NCL which is just about any other on the seas.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Why the personal attack??

I never said anything about fancy cruise lines.. I just said BETTER ones than NCL which is just about any other on the seas.

Would you share the other lines you have cruised and prefer?

Six other lines.

With NCL seven

And NCL is a distant seventh.

But no need to continue and endure personal attacks from the likes of ATLMichelle or other NCLbots

Enjoy your freestyle cruising.

See ya all on the high seas

Happy Cruising

Six other lines.

With NCL seven

And NCL is a distant seventh.

But no need to continue and endure personal attacks from the likes of ATLMichelle or other NCLbots

Enjoy your freestyle cruising.

See ya all on the high seas

Happy Cruising

Ok, well thanks for sorta answering my question. Food critics with any sort of reputation visit a restaurant at least twice to get a real perspective. I swore off one line after a less than remarkable cruise. Circumstances led us back and we were pleasantly surprised. As someone who enjoys NCL I am sorry your experience was less memorable. Happy cruising to you too.

I sailed on the Gem in 2010 and really enjoyed freestyle dining. I sailed on the Disney Dream (I work for Disney) in August. Overall, beautiful ship, great experience but the freestyle dining really spoiled me. Having to go back to a fixed dining schedule/rotation and limited menus was a tough one for me! Thankfully, my table-mates were nice and our waiters were fun and efficient.

Archived