New suites (PS) on Quest

jimmyw9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It is quite sad that you see only the negative. I certainly hope you don't damper the spirits of those new to cruising or those like me who have been sailing only a decade or two. I wonder what your agenda is to even post in this forum.

It is quite sad that you see only the negative. I certainly hope you don't damper the spirits of those new to cruising or those like me who have been sailing only a decade or two. I wonder what your agenda is to even post in this forum.

:confused:

There's nothing negative about letting prospective cruisers know that the new suites are only reachable via stairs.

If you are so concerned about people posting the negative about the new suites (even if this is an important fact rather than an opinion, and one which could impact greatly on someone who booked and hadn't been made aware of the access issues) then why don't you add something positive, rather than using a 'negative' post to complain about others' posts?

Pots and kettles ...

So Pop-I makes an idiotic statement after digging up a nine month old thread. Crafty joins in with another post that has nothing to do with anything. This thread is toilet bound.

Other than the two referenced idiotic statements, the other posts bring up a serious issue. People should know that spa suites are not for the mobility impaired.

So Pop-I makes an idiotic statement after digging up a nine month old thread. Crafty joins in with another post that has nothing to do with anything. This thread is toilet bound.

Other than the two referenced idiotic statements, the other posts bring up a serious issue. People should know that spa suites are not for the mobility impaired.

I seem to have achieved something of note by writing a post that 'has nothing to do with anything'

Perhaps you could tell me why my comment about the need for people with disabilities to know about the limitations of access when the two previous ones had similar sentiments is 'idiotic'?

OK, now the thread probably is 'toilet bound' (as an aside, you do have such a charming turn of phrase.)

But you have managed to insult me, when I was trying to make a valid point. Perhaps I am not in the 'elite' coterie of regular Seabourn posters and so my contribution is not welcome?

I seem to have achieved something of note by writing a post that 'has nothing to do with anything'

Perhaps you could tell me why my comment about the need for people with disabilities to know about the limitations of access when the two previous ones had similar sentiments is 'idiotic'?

OK, now the thread probably is 'toilet bound' (as an aside, you do have such a charming turn of phrase.)

But you have managed to insult me, when I was trying to make a valid point. Perhaps I am not in the 'elite' coterie of regular Seabourn posters and so my contribution is not welcome?

I'd chalk his (Oregon50)post up to a result of PUI.

What a bad tempered thread!! I have read lots of positives about the new suites, but mentioning the fact that you have to climb some stairs is hardly negative - very helpful to those who have problems getting up stairs. P.S. What is PUI?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why alerting people with mobility issues that there is no elevator access to these suites is being negative.

Alerting passengers with mobility issues bout navigational problems is not the issue with which I expressed disdain. Rather, it was the gentle, gentleman's comment about how poor the cruise industry has become. While merely the opinion of that individual, it can damper the spirits of newbies. Also, facts articulated would be much more informative than his useless negative comment.

These 4 suites are accessed by 14 sharply curving/spiral stairs. At the top of the stairs there is a carpeted 'mogul' which would require attention by some.

I did notice a 2 tiered railing. The bottom railing appeared to be equipped to

allow motorized /wheelchair access...but this was only my impression and I did not verify this.

Alerting passengers with mobility issues bout navigational problems is not the issue with which I expressed disdain. Rather, it was the gentle, gentleman's comment about how poor the cruise industry has become. While merely the opinion of that individual, it can damper the spirits of newbies. Also, facts articulated would be much more informative than his useless negative comment.

That is not at all how you came across.

Surely wrong noun-verb combination? If "me" was wrong then me should be "is" sorry?

"me was wrong" was wrong, as was "am sorry". However, there was probably a desire to maintain consistency in wrongness, once embarked. So perhaps an example of one of those exceptional cases where two wrongs do make a right.

So all is well.

Archived