Junior Suite Check-in with a wheelchair

MtnBikerFallDown

OK, this is my first time sailing with Carnival since 1995, so look over my ignorance! :o

My Dad is going to be coming in a wheelchair, but doesn't need it 24/7. It folds, so we shouldn't have problems stowing it in the room. We booked the cruise BEFORE he got this bad, so it's not a handicap cabin, but is a Verandah Junior Suite (we are on the Fantasy, out of Charleston).

Anyway, he gets priority booking because of the suite, but should I still let special needs know that he is going to have a wheelchair? Or does it even matter?

Thanks bunches and anticipate this to be the first of many questions. I feel like a newbie all over again. Different cruise line and different circumstances. Oh, well, never too old to learn!

Thanks!!!

Doesnt matter one bit. You can actually ask for HC check in and do that if the line is better than the VIP line. HC will board before VIP... but sometimes they board HC and VIP together. So you can ask for HC boarding if you want to be sure to get on first.

We have used wheelchair assistance if you even wanted someone to push the wheelchair.. they will if your hands are too full to help him.. you can ask for it when you get to the port.

We have never asked ahead of time.. though some folks do.. dont know why since it makes no difference .

my mom was booked in an insid cabin. she was in a wheel chair the carnival people took her and one person to a seperate area to check in then took her onboard placed her at the lido buffet and cqme to tell us where she was

OK, this is my first time sailing with Carnival since 1995, so look over my ignorance! :o

My Dad is going to be coming in a wheelchair, but doesn't need it 24/7. It folds, so we shouldn't have problems stowing it in the room. We booked the cruise BEFORE he got this bad, so it's not a handicap cabin, but is a Verandah Junior Suite (we are on the Fantasy, out of Charleston).

Anyway, he gets priority booking because of the suite, but should I still let special needs know that he is going to have a wheelchair? Or does it even matter?

Thanks bunches and anticipate this to be the first of many questions. I feel like a newbie all over again. Different cruise line and different circumstances. Oh, well, never too old to learn!

Thanks!!!

Only reason I can think of is if you need anything special in the cabin. I travel with either a wheelchair or a wheeled walker and I don't need the handicap room but I DO need a shower show. I always make a request when I book and most times they have it in the room for me when I board.....not always, but most times.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!!

Only reason I can think of is if you need anything special in the cabin. I travel with either a wheelchair or a wheeled walker and I don't need the handicap room but I DO need a shower show. I always make a request when I book and most times they have it in the room for me when I board.....not always, but most times.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!!

We too have requested the shower chair for non HC cabins... My sister cant balance standing up well and otherwise has to hang on while I wash her hair in the shower.

My great PVP suggested getting the shower chairs.. you can have your PVP order one from special needs.

(or you can do it).

I will say the shower chairs on fantasy class ships are very small and short.. much nicer on conquest class.

Good idea.

Archived