Celebrity Elite now get coupons for their free laundry!!!! Is the laundry party gone?

A Sixth?

Many of you who have replied to this post are not Elite and as a result have never been to the Elite Laundry Party. You don't know, nor understand that for many of us, this is the place we go to meet up with old friends, friends we have laundered with on previous cruises.

Contrary to some of the earlier posts, it is not the free soap, fabric softener, or even the dryer sheets, why many times I will go and not even wash, I just spritz my wrinkled clothes and join in the conversation. While it is true that some Elite Guests have tried to sneak a Chlorox 2 Stain Fighter Pen back to their cabin, the majority of us respect the rules and should not be punished.

This party has spawned many great friendships. After the cruise we call, e-mail and post on Facebook pictures of our home laundry facilities. We will on occasion pack up our dirty laundry into our Elite tote bags and all meet at someone's home for a marathon wash and dry session.

Call us "snobs" if you wish, but when you have spent so much to cruise this long, you will understand the disappointment we all feel at losing this well deserved perk.

I have emailed Celebrity now twice without any response. If the detergent upgrades are not free, I am switching to Princess. I am a "true elite" and have attended many a laundry party. I have NEVER tried to sneek any laundry products but will often "borrow" a couple of the "Mt Fugi" scented fabrick softeners to pack with my clothes to remember the good times spent with other elites in the laundry room.

"The clothes make the cruise"

btw Ozzmund is the type of guy I could get alone with :p

Many of you who have replied to this post are not Elite and as a result have never been to the Elite Laundry Party. You don't know, nor understand that for many of us, this is the place we go to meet up with old friends, friends we have laundered with on previous cruises.

Contrary to some of the earlier posts, it is not the free soap, fabric softener, or even the dryer sheets, why many times I will go and not even wash, I just spritz my wrinkled clothes and join in the conversation. While it is true that some Elite Guests have tried to sneak a Chlorox 2 Stain Fighter Pen back to their cabin, the majority of us respect the rules and should not be punished.

This party has spawned many great friendships. After the cruise we call, e-mail and post on Facebook pictures of our home laundry facilities. We will on occasion pack up our dirty laundry into our Elite tote bags and all meet at someone's home for a marathon wash and dry session.

Call us "snobs" if you wish, but when you have spent so much to cruise this long, you will understand the disappointment we all feel at losing this well deserved perk.

OMG. Thank you for making me literally LOL. Priceless thread!!! :-)

Well, it is a pressing issue after all................

Indeed, as is the shabby behaviour of the NON-Elite lower classes who attempt to IMITATE the Truly Sophisticated Well Laundered, by sauntering about in their tacky, wash and wear wardrobes touched up with Febreze ....tsk, tsk, tsk. :D

... I have NEVER tried to sneek any laundry products but will often "borrow" a couple of the "Mt Fugi" scented fabrick softeners to pack with my clothes to remember the good times spent with other elites in the laundry room.

I would never do this, but I have seen other Elites bring empty mouthwash bottles to the laundry social hour, discreetly fill them with bleach and liquid detergents, and then sneak past the Captain's Club hostess. This might be more difficult with your scented sheets of fabric softener - the hostess might smell them and politely remind you of the policy. Does anyone know where we can buy a Laundry Runner?

I would never do this, but I have seen other Elites bring empty mouthwash bottles to the laundry social hour, discreetly fill them with bleach and liquid detergents, and then sneak past the Captain's Club hostess. This might be more difficult with your scented sheets of fabric softener - the hostess might smell them and politely remind you of the policy. Does anyone know where we can buy a Laundry Runner?

Have logged in several times today purely to read this thread. Great laughs all around, even the "WOOOOOSHES", but this is absolutely the best.

Those evil corporate beancounters are at it again, WRINGING every last penny of revenue from loyal customers and HANGING THEM OUT TO DRY! :D

They just wont quit until even the idea of Captains Club is ALL WASHED UP. :eek:

LOVES IT!! In fact, love all. . .you'll all a bunch of clever, clever people. :D

Best post of the month!!

Attention BYOD party going to be held in my cabin. Plan to come early and stay late due to sink size. I will supply the clothespins. Elites only please. We will then send photos to HQ and let them know we want our Laundry Party back.

(byod- bring your own detergent...)

At least you have the memories of those laundry parties to keep forever Ozzmund. Spare a thought for us aspiring Elites who will never know the camaraderie of Elite Laundry party go-ers. :(

Oh, it must have been such fun, sorting yourselves into groups of whites, coloureds, woollens, short spin, do not tumble dry and no dry clean. I can't imagine the groups were cliquey or pulling chairs round, excluding newcomers in polyester?

I'll bet the white t shirts were sparkling and none of the colours in the Margaritaville t shirts ran?

Did you all take local laundry products for exchange gifts? :D

At least you have the memories of those laundry parties to keep forever Ozzmund. Spare a thought for us aspiring Elites who will never know the camaraderie of Elite Laundry party go-ers. :(

Oh, it must have been such fun, sorting yourselves into groups of whites, coloureds, woollens, short spin, do not tumble dry and no dry clean. I can't imagine the groups were cliquey or pulling chairs round, excluding newcomers in polyester?

I'll bet the white t shirts were sparkling and none of the colours in the Margaritaville t shirts ran?

Did you all take local laundry products for exchange gifts? :D

Yes, at first it was like Camelot. But then some ugly things started to happen.

First came the Machine Hogs, they would "reserve" machines by placing magazines and random articles of clothing on top of the machines, and then leave for hours.

Then for some reason Celebrity made the machines louder. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation over the din. The machines wouldnoisily rumble, slosh and spin to a Techo beat.

Next we observed folks showing up totally ignoring the dress code, folks would wear jeans with holes and rips, flip flops and the the last straw, their bathrobes, it was anarchy.

No, it wasn't perfect, but it was ours, our Elite Laundry Party and despite the flaws, we continued to line up outside the laundry room door 30, 45 minutes early relishing the fact that we had an escape from the great unwashed.

But now it's gone.....

Just relised that the laundry party has been turned into a coupon!!!!

Where's the justice!!!! :rolleyes::p

Hey, Sixth.

IMO you've got your multiple Elite statuses confused.

You do know that you posted this on a X board not a Princess one. :o

Those great laundry parties can still be part of a fantastic cruise experience only if you remember to book on the right cruise line.:D

I love the Elite happy hour and want "X" to know how much I appreciate their loyalty program...

Got me to switch most of my cruises to them away from Princess where I am also Elite.

I thought all elite laundry nights were "smart casual" since we are booked aqua class? Can someone from Celebrity confirm this?

One of the many perks for our SPESHEL elite guests who are booked in aqua class accommodations, is exclusive access to YELO. YELO is a truly unique laundry facility where you can wash away any lingering vestiges of contact with the lower castes. Sweet guests who are booked in Suites are entitled to use YELO on a space available basis and are also offered choices from our extensive menu of detergents and fabric softeners. :)

One of the many perks for our SPESHEL elite guests who are booked in aqua class accommodations, is exclusive access to YELO. YELO is a truly unique laundry facility where you can wash away any lingering vestiges of contact with the lower castes. Sweet guests who are booked in Suites are entitled to use YELO on a space available basis and are also offered choices from our extensive menu of detergents and fabric softeners. :)

I do wish I wasn't so drawn to your posts navyrotorhead :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to work out YELO. Is it an acronym or am I just being extra s-l-o-w?

I do wish I wasn't so drawn to your posts navyrotorhead :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to work out YELO. Is it an acronym or am I just being extra s-l-o-w?

It could be a short form for YELLOW which is not what you want to happen when washing clothes.;)

Archived