Celebrity Elite now get coupons for their free laundry!!!! Is the laundry party gone?

A Sixth?

If Aqua Class gets to DINE in BLU...:confused:

I just figured they should LAUNDER in YELO... ;)

Aaah! I see what you did there. It all makes perfect sense now. :rolleyes:

Will they have a special lawn clubroom named GREE? :p

actually the concept for YELO was developed by Antia Press Celebrity's executive laundry consultant - YELO was seen as a type of "clean laundry" with most of the detergents being made from natural ingredians - hence the concept of "clean laundry" ...... YELO - "lemon fresh"

That is the reason for the Yellow color scheme on most Sostice class ships, except on Elcipse, where YELO has a green and brown theme.

Will they have a special lawn clubroom named GREE? :p

actually the concept for YELO was developed by Antia Press Celebrity's executive laundry consultant - YELO was seen as a type of "clean laundry" with most of the detergents being made from natural ingredians - hence the concept of "clean laundry" ...... YELO - "lemon fresh"

That is the reason for the Yellow color scheme on most Sostice class ships, except on Elcipse, where YELO has a green and brown theme.

...arrived too late for incorporation into the design, construction, and outfitting of "Reflection." :(

Plans for incorporating a new and improved Spa and Fitness Facility named BROW... :p

have already been approved and are ready to be integrated to all ships during any future drydock periods/refurbishments to the fleet.

TWO separate areas, High BROW (for guests booking Suite, AQ, and CC accommodations) incorporating 2500 square feet next to the Persian Garden area, and Low BROW (for lesser mortals) consisting of 80 square feet adjacent to the anchor room and bilge pumps will address the physiological, psychological and spiritual well being of ALL of our valued guests. :D

Access to High BROW will be complementary, :rolleyes: while access to Low BROW will be priced according to daily market fluctuations. :eek:

A sixth?....this thread is a hoot, :rolleyes: especially after wading through most of the thread on Elite cocktail party...(and even responding)...as of now, I have no idea what is actually going on with the party..:confused:

ozzmund and navyrotorhead....your posts have me chuckling away here (on Canada's east coast) :D

Thanks for the laughs.

Bill

TWO separate areas, High BROW (for guests booking Suite, AQ, and CC accommodations) incorporating 2500 square feet next to the Persian Garden area, and Low BROW (for lesser mortals) consisting of 80 square feet adjacent to the anchor room and bilge pumps will address the physiological, psychological and spiritual well being of ALL of our valued guests. :D

I think a few of us in this thread might benefit from a few hours in here :D

Will we go Low or High Brow? That is the question. :cool:

Indeed, as is the shabby behaviour of the NON-Elite lower classes who attempt to IMITATE the Truly Sophisticated Well Laundered, by sauntering about in their tacky, wash and wear wardrobes touched up with Febreze ....tsk, tsk, tsk. :D

I can spot an imposter trying to get away with Downy Wrinkle Releaser spray - or even *gasp* someone in undies washed in the sink and dried on the balcony - from a mile away!

Remember how mad everyone was when Celebrity banned making your own detergent in your cabin?

0.jpg

Ohhh, the mayhem, the mayhem:eek::eek: I never thought I would hear the end of it:D

Laura and assoapiates were kept busy poofing threads 24/7:p

I thought the wash n wear parties were the best or was it wear n wash?

Navyrotorhead what happened to your dead horse? Was he revived to go on sailing as an Elite horse?

It wasn't my dead horse, I can't remember who's it was, maybe "a sixth" but it got censored along with my response. Sad commentary on the state of political correctness these days, but it is what it is... :(:rolleyes:

...unless you want to start and host a new website?! :confused::)

• 2 weeks later...
Not as far out as you might think. On another thread earlier I had mentioned a cruise I had booked that was cancelled prior to sailing as it was chartered. You guessed it - it was chartered to some nudist organization. Yuck!!

Why yuck?

You will find that swingers and/or nudists are probably a lot cleaner and hygienic than other groups.

One of Mr Bayley's first directives was to reduce ship operating costs. This was clearly heard by the captain's club department who pondered just how they could help reduce "ship operating" costs. After about a week of hurried worldwide conferences, focus groups and meetings, they realized that operating costs are related to the weight of everything on the ship. Once they made that breakthru, meeting the objective was easy.

Clothes represent a significant part of the load on-board....and the weight of clothes is directly related to their size. Suddenly....they had it.....if we can just shrink the clothes, we'll reduce weight, reduce operating costs and meet our new CEO's objectives. Let's give each elite member two opportunities to shrink a bag of laundry for free...and while we would like to offer three free bags, that would impact our profit too much, so let's just reduce the price of that third bag to $20. As an additional benefit, once the passengers start to wear the now shrunken clothes, they will believe that they have put on weight during the cruise and they will eat less, also adding to the bottom line, rather than their waistline.

while this thread is humorous in tone I am not getting it---sorry

we have always had some type of Elite or other laundry coupons.. we get two (one each) and use one for white & one for darks..works out fine for us & is a great perk!

we only do the essentials & never go home with smelly suitcases!

we also enjoy the Elite internet coupons & never use up the alloted free minutes..., the wine discount, adn also some good deals at the spa..

what I llike least is the trend toward having to buy something to get a discount or something else for free!

One of Mr Bayley's first directives was to reduce ship operating costs. This was clearly heard by the captain's club department who pondered just how they could help reduce "ship operating" costs. After about a week of hurried worldwide conferences, focus groups and meetings, they realized that operating costs are related to the weight of everything on the ship. Once they made that breakthru, meeting the objective was easy.

Clothes represent a significant part of the load on-board....and the weight of clothes is directly related to their size. Suddenly....they had it.....if we can just shrink the clothes, we'll reduce weight, reduce operating costs and meet our new CEO's objectives..........

Apparently you are unaware that the policy of reducing ship operating costs by shrinking clothing was already in effect long before Mr. Bayley arrived.

Even back when Mr. Hanrahan was the president and before we ever received elite laundry coupons, it became obvious that the closets on the ships must have been treated with a substance that causes clothing to shrink.

It is evidently a time-release type of treatment because we notice that the longer we cruise, the more our clothing shrinks. :mad:

The effect is not permanent however, because the clothing eventually reverts to its regular size several weeks (sometimes even several months) after we return home. ;)

We object to the laundry vouchers...even though the parties really weren't about the clean clothes. For us the best part was socializing with the officers and asking them how they get their uniforms so white. And I don't really believe X eliminated the parties just because of overcrowding. After all when there are too many elites on board to allow for comfortable seating in the laundromat, why couldn't they just move the party outdoors and set up temporary clothelines on the lawn?

We object to the laundry vouchers...even though the parties really weren't about the clean clothes. For us the best part was socializing with the officers and asking them how they get their uniforms so white. And I don't really believe X eliminated the parties just because of overcrowding. After all when there are too many elites on board to allow for comfortable seating in the laundromat, why couldn't they just move the party outdoors and set up temporary clothelines on the lawn?

I like the tone of the politics too.

For every righty there was also a lefty sock. All was well behaved and calm even when a left sock would mystreiously disappear.:pc

Archived