Thomson Dream & Thomson Celebration Platinum Refurbs

With the summer season now officially over (:(), I thought I'd start this thread regarding the Platinum refurbs. Thomson Celebration is currently docked in Limassol for a week where it is getting its refurb (even though strangely won't be known as Platinum till May?) and Thomson Dream will be finishing its last Canary Islands cruise on 09 November, and then, I think, going to Hamburg and later Lisbon.

If anyone finds any pictures or sails on either ship after its refurb or any information about it, post on here so we can have a good look at what changes they have made (hopefully we'll be blown away by the changes they've made :rolleyes:). And also, any changes that they have made now that Dream is Platinum, such as is the entertainment the same, what's the new a la carte menu like etc. I know everyone has probably seen all the artist impressions by now, but if you haven't, there's a link to them below:

http://communicationcentre.thomson.co.uk/News/Thomson-Launches-Platinum-Cruises-c7.aspx

Also, is there any areas that you think really need to see the most improvements than others?

With the summer season now officially over (:(), I thought I'd start this thread regarding the Platinum refurbs. Thomson Celebration is currently docked in Limassol for a week where it is getting its refurb (even though strangely won't be known as Platinum till May?) and Thomson Dream will be finishing its last Canary Islands cruise on 09 November, and then, I think, going to Hamburg and later Lisbon.

If anyone finds any pictures or sails on either ship after its refurb or any information about it, post on here so we can have a good look at what changes they have made (hopefully we'll be blown away by the changes they've made :rolleyes:). And also, any changes that they have made now that Dream is Platinum, such as is the entertainment the same, what's the new a la carte menu like etc. I know everyone has probably seen all the artist impressions by now, but if you haven't, there's a link to them below:

http://communicationcentre.thomson.co.uk/News/Thomson-Launches-Platinum-Cruises-c7.aspx

Also, is there any areas that you think really need to see the most improvements than others?

Yes, the Celebration en-suites! Always been the one thing I really haven't liked about the ship as they look very dated and in great need of a refurb. Despite the best efforts of the house-keeping staff the mosaic tiling in particular is often unsightly, discoloured and unpleasant. I do so hope they are going to be 'done'. Imo it would be better to invest in completely revamping the ensuites than anything else although I'm really looking forward to seeing the face-lift scheduled for the cabins (or do we call them staterooms now?). Yes, for anyone who spots any changes, please post so we can see what's been done.

Didn't realise ship was in dock this week, we are off on celebration next week , will take note and post some info here on my return. There's also some changes to the AI package and I am hoping that my favourites will be available. !!!

Yes they are bringing the Celebration AI into line with that on Majesty and Spirit. There seemd to be quite a good selection on both of those when we were in board earlier this year - but that's no consolation if your favourite isn't there! :( Hope it is - and have a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing your pics. :)

Yes they are bringing the Celebration AI into line with that on Majesty and Spirit. There seemd to be quite a good selection on both of those when we were in board earlier this year - but that's no consolation if your favourite isn't there! :( Hope it is - and have a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing your pics. :)

Oh no the Celebration always had the better selection without supplements and has draught cider. I really hope they do not get rid of that else I will have a very very unhappy hubby.:(:(:(

Joeholiday2 posted pictures in June as I mentioned above. I have searched them out. See post no.5 on this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1652062&highlight=celebration+upgrade

Surprised Kruzseeker didn't beat me to it as she commented on the photos when they were originally posted.

Looks as though a lot of hard work has been done over the week in the public areas and bars, can't wait to see it for myself tomorrow !!!!!
Have a wonderful time :) We are doing the repositioning cruise coming back in April, so will be interested to see what improvements have been made. :)

some info & pics on the celebration refurb here

is that a purple deck I see?! Hope its dustsheets?:eek:

http://holidaysjustgotbetter.thomson.co.uk/cruises/thomson-celebration-re-introducing/#post-1253

Hopefully! I think it might be the old Broadway Show Lounge carpet as there's a lot of it at the bottom of the Lido deck. Probably using that to save money as for a cover of the Lido.

Another pic here on the Thomson Blog:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/11/re-introducing-thomson-celebration/#.UJpzMsUxqV8

I think the picture at the top is of the Meridian Restaurant. If it is, they've pretty much got rid of everything and are starting again. Good signs anyway that they've took this refurb seriously by the looks of things.

We are on the Dream at the end of January, 10 of us in 3 cabins.

I asked Thomsons if they would be putting in some laundrettes as I've been told that they currently don't have any -- unlike all the other ships.

I was told that they will not be doing this but I can get clothes washes and irons at a charge!

Everything is "At a charge".

I think that we need laundrettes on two week cruises especially as the baggage allowance has been reduced to 20kgs.

Again this allowance can be increased, at a charge!

Hopefully! I think it might be the old Broadway Show Lounge carpet as there's a lot of it at the bottom of the Lido deck. Probably using that to save money as for a cover of the Lido.

Another pic here on the Thomson Blog:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/11/re-introducing-thomson-celebration/#.UJpzMsUxqV8

I think the picture at the top is of the Meridian Restaurant. If it is, they've pretty much got rid of everything and are starting again. Good signs anyway that they've took this refurb seriously by the looks of things.

Wow, it is a bit more than a few new bedspreads then!

i wonder if they can recycle the single cabins ashore ;)

We are on the Dream at the end of January, 10 of us in 3 cabins.

I asked Thomsons if they would be putting in some laundrettes as I've been told that they currently don't have any -- unlike all the other ships.

I was told that they will not be doing this but I can get clothes washes and irons at a charge!

Everything is "At a charge".

I think that we need laundrettes on two week cruises especially as the baggage allowance has been reduced to 20kgs.

Again this allowance can be increased, at a charge!

I quite agree. What makes it worse is that there was originally one on the ship, before Thomson had it, so I don't know what happened to it. Incidentally, recently come back from the Celebrity Eclipse, and they don't have a laundrette either - a 2 year old ship! They did a bag of laundry (don't know how big) for $40, so I brought it home and did it here. Luckily it was a cruise from Southamton, so no weight limit, but I agree with you that 20 kg is ridiculous.

according to the deckplans she had 3 when she was with HAL

deck 6 starboard side next to exit

deck 9 next to cabin 9010

deck 10 in the same position

i guess that as these are not enough for the size of the ship they were taken out of service to stop the fighting :eek:

Or costa did it cos the machines wern't zanussis and Thomson had one of their 'that airline' moments.

according to the deckplans she had 3 when she was with HAL

deck 6 starboard side next to exit

deck 9 next to cabin 9010

deck 10 in the same position

i guess that as these are not enough for the size of the ship they were taken out of service to stop the fighting :eek:

Or costa did it cos the machines wern't zanussis and Thomson had one of their 'that airline' moments.

According to my Berlitz guide (sad person) wot I got from that other site:D there was a laundry on Costa Europa. Do you think it got damaged in the accident or was that lower down?

According to my Berlitz guide (sad person) wot I got from that other site:D there was a laundry on Costa Europa. Do you think it got damaged in the accident or was that lower down?

no laundry on the costa deck plan but they were there in HAL days

Hi Linda, I posted the old Westerdam deck plans for you a few weeks ago when you last asked about the laundry. They probably went at the same time as the cinema etc.
Yes you probably did :) My brain in fuzzy at the moment. I've come down with a stinking cold :( Sorry to witter on about the laundry :o

I did originally come on cc to ask about kettles in the cabins (as many of you know:rolleyes:) and they are now putting them in 2 ships, so perhaps if I keep banging on about laundries, I might get the same result :D:D

Archived