Thomson Dream & Thomson Celebration Platinum Refurbs

Mmm looks good - the video is a bit fast and furious though :( It would have been better with still photos, and better still with the sound turned off (can't cope with the Proclaimers so early in the day:rolleyes:)

The refurb looks good, pity no pictures of the cabins though or most importantly the en-suites for Kruzseeka:D:D

Looking forward to going on her in April to see all this for myself.:) Hopefully those who go before then will take lot of piccies :)

The refurb looks good, pity no pictures of the cabins though or most importantly the en-suites for Kruzseeka:D

Looking forward to going on her in April to see all this for myself. Hopefully those who go before then will take lot of piccies :)

You know me well, Linda! :D

But apart from the absence of views of the cabins (AND en-suites - or tea/coffee making facilities too ;)) it does look a very extensive refurb. The public areas certainly do look good and like you I'm looking forward to seeing it some time. We've not got anything in the pipe-line at the moment so will be keen to hear of your impressions when you get back. (Don't forget to check out the en-suites for me! :D )

Thanks for posting that Sailaway - you're doing a sterling job ferreting out all the background stuff - very interesting. :)

there's a lot of purple and red, and swirly mind altering carpets about, or is that what it looked like before?

lido appears to be blue & green (contemporary I guess)

Hemmingway’s looks like a bit like your old aunties sitting room without the antimacassars, might look better in the flesh?

is that a new bar menu I see? looks nice

I'm in Sharm next week, will try to blag my way on board or interrogate/bribe some of the guests/crew in town

On that video I posted this morning from You Tube, at 0:29, do you think there new sinks for the bathrooms? If so, at least that gives a bit of hope that they have been done.

I hope so :D - I noticed them too but thought they might be for public toilets - in which case :( (Although improvements to those are good news.)

I think you are to ensuites as I am to kettles in cabins and Dave is to cabins for single people:D:rolleyes:

I noticed the sinks too! I think they look like public loo basins.

I am really looking forward to going through the Suez Canal :)

Eh!

are public loo basins important when transiting the canal then :confused::confused::D

On that video I posted this morning from You Tube, at 0:29, do you think there new sinks for the bathrooms? If so, at least that gives a bit of hope that they have been done.

I must admit I missed the sinks but, do you think the seating has been changed in the theatre. It looked as if the tables had been removed and the chairs set out in rows. It was very quick so I'm not 100% sure, so someone else will have to check aswell.

I must admit I missed the sinks but, do you think the seating has been changed in the theatre. It looked as if the tables had been removed and the chairs set out in rows. It was very quick so I'm not 100% sure, so someone else will have to check aswell.

Looks like that to me as well. also the cinema type seats at the back are nor big and soft:)

Oh no the Celebration always had the better selection without supplements and has draught cider. I really hope they do not get rid of that else I will have a very very unhappy hubby.:(:(:(

Hi scary mary , strongbow is available on draught, along with heineken and John smiths, hope this helps. all available as part of AI package. Bottled beers /lagers available at supplement of £2

I have a copy of the drinks prices if anyone wants any further info.

As far as refurb on celebration, there is a lot of new swirly red / purple carpet in public areas. we were in cabin 232 on deck 6 , nice cabin really roomy but not refurbed yet. didn't see any refurbed cabins.

New wicker chairs on lido deck to replace White plastic and outside food area has been refitted. Also new furniture in self serve restaurant and broadway show. It doesn't look that much different from when we were onboard in 2008/9.

Had a good holiday though.

U

:)

Was on Dream in early Oct 2012 and will be back on for the Transatlantic in Dec 2012 - may have to ask my wife for some of the changes as she tends to notice minor things like carpets or furnishings but then again I suppose I will too notice some of them as they will be obviously new.
:)

Hi there hope you have a great time ,Im hoping to book on the dream when it comes back round the med, I really miss Ramil the metra D in charge of Lido restuarant if he's still there in Dec send my Love from Tracey x thanks happy sailing

• 2 weeks later...
:):)

Hi there hope you have a great time ,Im hoping to book on the dream when it comes back round the med, I really miss Ramil the metra D in charge of Lido restuarant if he's still there in Dec send my Love from Tracey x thanks happy sailing

Hi Tracey

I remember Ramil from Lido. Was he hitting on you by any chance?If so, it wouldn't be the first time....

Archived