Thomson Dream & Thomson Celebration Platinum Refurbs

When does the Dream actually go into Port for its refit in Lanzerote at the moment?
I think it is at the end of the present cruise. I know someone on here had next week's cruise cancelled as it was going in for refurb. earlier :)

And the Majesty is on her way to Tenerife to take over from the Dream :)

I think it is at the end of the present cruise. I know someone on here had next week's cruise cancelled as it was going in for refurb. earlier :)

And the Majesty is on her way to Tenerife to take over from the Dream :)

Just 84 days on your Canarian countdown now, Linda. :). Hope your cold gets better soon.

Thankyou Jackanne. :D I was just thinking - 8th November - in 3 months time we shall be coming back:eek::( No no - be positive only 84 days 'til we go :)

Have you booked yet???

Oh yes, booked this morning at the TA and they matched the 'other site' price as advised by Scarey Mary. Just before I left the shop I announced that Majesty was up for sale. Their faces were a picture as we had just been talking about last year and the extra work they had when Destiny was swopped for Majesty. :D. Mind you they had better not sell her before I go.

We are going 1st March so hoping for lots of port information from you, please.

I'm down your way next week visiting my sister. We are doing an "excursion" to Westfield shopping centre!! Need winter season cruise clothes, me thinks.:D

Good for you, Jakanne! Have a wonderful time - and enjoy the planning! ;)

Thanks. Already started but disappointed when I realised we were not going to Lanzarote as I hoped to see some "Cesar Manrique". With only having been to Tenerife I get the islands confused so I have some research to do. Planning.....and to think I hated doing planning in my previous life......:rolleyes:

Thanks. Already started but disappointed when I realised we were not going to Lanzarote as I hoped to see some "Cesar Manrique". With only having been to Tenerife I get the islands confused so I have some research to do. Planning.....and to think I hated doing planning in my previous life......:rolleyes:

You and me both - where did all those weekends go? Still, making up for it now! ;)

You and me both - where did all those weekends go? Still, making up for it now! ;)

Hmmmmm.....me too. And the whole month of June for me (reports). Also 'doing' the UK. There are 4 of us with husbands who would rather be at home or who did a lot of travelling in their previous life. We do coach trips!! Ticked off numerous ones to the Lakes, London, Liverpool, Windsor, etc. Much cheaper than cruising but we do have our hearts set on the Caribbean maybe for winter 2014. :)

Thomson Dream has finished its Canary itineraries. Should be on its way to Hamburg or Lisbon now for its refit. From what I can gather, it is going to Hamburg for the first few weeks (I'm guessing for engineering works) and then is going to Lisbon later on, probably for more of the Platinum upgrade work.

Here are some pictures of Celebration. There not very good pictures or very clear:

http://www.briantcurtaining.co.uk/blog/?p=783&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Hemmingway's looks quite nice, gone with a nautical theme. Although some of the chairs haven't changed.

Meridian doesn't look that different. Mainly just new curtains, carpet and chairs. But the picture isn't great so might look a lot better.

Broadway Show Lounge is too dark too see much difference. I see a very swirly carpet though! :eek:

Lido Restaurant has gone for a blue and turquoise feel. Tables and chairs are very close together!

Here are some pictures of Celebration. There not very good pictures or very clear:

http://www.briantcurtaining.co.uk/blog/?p=783&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Hemmingway's looks quite nice, gone with a nautical theme. Although some of the chairs haven't changed.

Meridian doesn't look that different. Mainly just new curtains, carpet and chairs. But the picture isn't great so might look a lot better.

Broadway Show Lounge is too dark too see much difference. I see a very swirly carpet though! :eek:

Lido Restaurant has gone for a blue and turquoise feel. Tables and chairs are very close together!

Thanks for that - looks interesting.

Thanks for that - looks interesting.

Just realised that the company were responsible for blinds and curtains only. Wondered why the pictures mainly focused on these areas. Should have realised by the name of the blog being Brian Curtaining!! :D

Hopefully some better pictures might appear of the whole rooms instead of just the blinds! :)

Just realised that the company were responsible for blinds and curtains only. Wondered why the pictures mainly focused on these areas. Should have realised by the name of the blog being Brian Curtaining!! :D

Hopefully some better pictures might appear of the whole rooms instead of just the blinds! :)

:D :D I believe the biggest change will be in the cabins - the public rooms will only really be getting new carpet/upholstery/curtains/blinds or some combination of these. It will be nice as it freshens everything up but the cabin changes will have most impact I think.

:D :D I believe the biggest change will be in the cabins - the public rooms will only really be getting new carpet/upholstery/curtains/blinds or some combination of these. It will be nice as it freshens everything up but the cabin changes will have most impact I think.

Waiting for a full report on the state of the bathrooms... :rolleyes:

Those tables and chairs do look v close together:(........I wonder if this means that they will change the Greek themed tables in the lido on the dream?...I actually quite like the Greek deities on the tables in there, its just the layout that needs changing

there are no deck 1 cabins in that view

I know, what I mean is is that you can see Deck 2 open there which seems very low, so deck 1 is the one below it, even closer to the propellers. No wonder people can hear those engines from the cabins loudly at the back!

I know, what I mean is is that you can see Deck 2 open there which seems very low, so deck 1 is the one below it, even closer to the propellers. No wonder people can hear those engines from the cabins loudly at the back!

you are talking complete rubbish, deck 1 cabins come nowhere near the back of the ship or the propellers. how many and which deck 1 cabins have you stopped in?

you are talking complete rubbish, deck 1 cabins come nowhere near the back of the ship or the propellers. how many and which deck 1 cabins have you stopped in?

Sorry but I also disagree with you okavango .

We were on the spirit down on deck one right at the end of the corridor ,one of the last cabins near the single cabins, we were approx three quarters along the ship towards the back so yes quite near the props and quite noisy !!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I was in a single cabin on Spirit deck 3 and the cabin was aft of the propellers. On a couple of night the noise and vibration was appalling, all this 2 decks up from 1

Archived